Thread: Hey, I have that outfit!

Aspiring Member

Hey, I have that outfit!

Have you ever encountered a woman who is wearing an outfit that you could completely duplicate from among your pretty things?

The past few days, I have been working my email in the lobby of a major Pittsburgh hotel. (The fee for in-room Internet is steep, but the lobby wireless is free. Perfect for a cheap a** like me.) I have a front row seat here to quite a fashion show of today's ladies' business attire. On several occasions, both here and walking around town, I have observed women who are wearing outfits that I can duplicate from my wardrobe, two of them with items that I have with me. One of them, I could even duplicate everything from shoes to jewelry to hairstyle.

This started happening to me in the past year or two with increasing frequency. I am hoping that this is a good thing.

Has this happened to you? Just the clothes or did it include shoes, jewelry, or even hairstyle? Did you wear the outfit before you saw it on someone else? Or did you go back to your wardrobe later and try it on?

~Abby

Lol yep I know what you mean every time my wife wears certain tops I think ummmm I was wearing that exact same one just the other day. She and I can wear the same tops... Heels are about the only thing we can't share and just a few of her tops are to tight on me. In reference to your post though I did see a women wearing her heels that were identical to a pair I have once.

Aspiring Member
    I bumped into an ex and she was wearing a dress by a fairly scarce brand in Scotland - Adini - and I had that exact dress.

The Mad Scientist
    If I bumped into an ex, and she had something I also owned. I'd immediately BURN it as soon as I got home.
    Ewww bad luck.

I was wearing a sweater one day in class, and one of my students had the same sweater. She never wore it again, but I did

I once saw a woman I know wearing one of the dresses I own, my only more formal one. It was one of those rare occasions where I was glad to be a man because were I a woman, we'd have probably been wearing the exact same outfit that day. That could have been embarrassing. I think I would have made a better choice in shoes though.
    For years I hoped I was just a CDer but now I realize I am transgender and that's alright.

Hey there Abby,

I've had 2 similar experiences..

I bought a loose fitting purplish-blue top. And then over the course of the next 6 months, 2 women in the office I work in, wore the exact same top.

The other was a bit weirder (is that a word?). I was at home working in the office for a week, my wife also worked. I didn't have many clothes so Monday I wore one of my wife's dresses. She choose to wear it on Tuesday. Her dress that I wore on Tuesday, she wore on Wednesday. What I wore on Wednesday, she wore on Thursday.. and guess what, She wore on Friday what I had worn on Thursday... I've always wondered what the odds were of this happening or was she trying to send me a message? Hmmm.

Hugs, Connie Marie
    See my favorite lovely ladies at https://www.flickr.com/photos/64988357@N03/favorites/

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

My wife and I were out with my brother and his girl at the time. She was wear a pair of wedges that I have. I looked at my wife and just smiled . If they only knew.

I see outfits that I can easily copy from my wardrobe a lot. Some are very close and require simple changes that look just as good.
    Pink is more than a color: its an attitude!

Reality Check
    My wife and I were at a restaurant and a woman (I suppose a manager) was walking around asking people if they were enjoying their meals). She was wearing a blouse that was the same as one I had recently purchased. My wife and I both noticed it. I considered telling her that I owned the same blouse but I though the better of it.

I have felt flattered within myself when I see someone else wearing clothing that I have in my wardrobe.
    I always take a hard look to see if she wears it better than I.
    More often than not women wear it better than I could ever hope to achieve.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    I see more dresses on women that I would love to own. I see some really nice ensembles on this site in the picture segment. I wish the posters would indicate the label and where she bought the dress. Even if it is purchase from a second hand store I'd love to find a duplicate on eBay.

Yes, a good friend of mine in our church choir sometimes wears the same twin set that I have.
    Hugs, Carole

YES! At a singles club dance about 8 yrs ago, a guy, and his date where there, and she had an exact same dress that i found at a thrift store, and wore outside my second day outing. It made me a little nervous! It was a black and white sleeveless dress, and here is a pic of mine. She filled the same dress a bit better than i did, though, and I imagined myself in that dress, with a guy dancing with me, like she was!
    Attached Images Attached Images

A few times at the club I have seen women wearing the same heels or the same outfit I purchased from the store. I like to think I am doing something right or that I have decent taste. At least I hope so. LOL

Platinum Member
    come to think of it, no, it hasn't. Similarities in the styles selected for a particular venue but not the exact thing.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt