Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A place of your own...

A place of your own...

Anybody have somewhere they can dress in private?

I couldn't possibly let on to my lady, or anyone else for that matter, that I like to wear ladies clothes; I fantasize about owning an apartment where I stay while I'm at work.

The thought of being able to get in from work, have a hot bath, shave and pamper myself (all over) then get dolled up in a babydoll and silk robe, strappy sandals and lipstick, and just be able to relax and drink wine... I love it.

A balcony would be nice, as well...

The best I've managed is to have seamed black stockings and black suspenders on for a full 24-hr period a couple of years ago. I was amazed how cool, comfortable and natural they felt. If I was a GG or even a passable girl I'd wear them all the time. The world needs that glamour to make a mainstream comeback!

Sorry, I've gone on a bit...

Px

Girl me

I think we have all fantized about having such a place

Aspiring Member
    Hi PertyX

That would be great, the best I can do is when I have our place to myself when the SO goes away for a few days.

We have recently bought an RV and I hope to get away in that on my own occasionally and take my femme stuff and dress (evenings and night only). Might risk leaving home in drab, park up in a layby, change and drive en-femme, but not sure I am ready for that yet. Would be cool though.

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Platinum Member
    well, its tough when you have to keep this aspect of your life a secret from those you love. A private apartment might be a little expensive and risky...imagine your GFs reaction if she learned you had such a secret hideaway!

I'm fortunate to have the luxury of dressing in my home. It wasn't achieved overnight and certainly wasn't an easy thing to work through with my wife, but we made it.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Not sure I understand, Perty. U live in a apartment with just your GF? Doesn't she ever go out to work, shopping, visits to family or friends? You're never alone there? That doesn't sound possible.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I travel a great deal. Business trips gave me many opportunities to go to the hotel after work and dress the way I wanted to dress.

Fortunately, my wife of 10 years, my lover of 15 years, and my second wife of 9 years so far, all knew about my dressing. This way they didn't have to freak out thinking I was having an affair if they found girlie items in my suitcase, or in a drawer, or in the laundry.

The best thing to do is let your significant other know what's going on. If she finds your stash and you haven't told her anything, she will create whatever is her worst case scenario. She might assume you are cheating on her with another woman, you're transsexual and want a sex change, or you're about to leave her.

Very often, we think we are really good at hiding it, but it's a lot more obvious than we think. Often our loved ones don't know how to talk to us because they don't want to scare us away. If your wife thinks you're insecure about your masculinity, she may just avoid talking about the panties and babydoll she found in the back of your closet, or where ever you hide your stuff. The problem is that if you have tried to cover your feminitity by acting more masculine, you might be perceived as feminine but insecure about it.

Talking about it with your wife will be good for both of you.
    If she rejects you, she would have done so regardless of when you told her, and now you are able to do something about it while you're young enough.
    If she knew and was waiting for you to "come out", you might find that she has been looking forward to the day when you could go shopping together.
    Even if she decides she wants nothing to do with it, she will at least know that this is your little secret, not some lover in another town.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Curious... I would have assumed living NW England and working SE England you would already be spending a fair amount of time in hotels or suites...? That's always an option - book an inexpensive hotel if you can get the time away...

Or perhaps a more expensive hotel if you want a balcony...

Oh, and there is no rule that says you must tell your SO... It might be ideal if you could - or it might be a disaster - but the simple fact is that many of us have successfully partitioned our lives for decades... at a cost, but everything comes at a cost... including any revelations...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

The Mad Scientist
    Don't you love it when "traveling pretty (in the suitcase)" when TSA or a foreign security agency wants to have a look?
    I'm like whatever... but it's always a bit easier when traveling with the SO. I say "yeah, look at her - she took over MY bag too"... LOL

Thanks for all the replies, girls.

Thing is, I work away from home every week. I'm a dedicated family man & love my wife & kids; I just have too much time to fantasize and too little time to talk to my wife. We have a loving relationship but we're usually both stressed, so the sex life has become depleted over the last few years.

I stay in a camper van near London when I'm working; definitely not a glamorous life, but I do have a safe place to stash my girlie stuff. Tbh, I think if she found them she'd be able to work out why I have them; I have worn panties with her (although not recently) and I have hinted I'd like to go further... I'm sure she wouldn't suspect me of having an affair (I'm most certainly not, btw).

The van isn't perfect, and it gets cold in the winter, but until our finances improve it'll have to do. And it is an oasis of calm for me when I'm away. A laptop, curtains and some frilly lingerie is more than some people have...

X
    Girl me

I'm lucky in this sense that I live on my own, in my own house, so I can dress up however I want whenever I want.
    I only consider it a problem if the people next door knock on my door to say hello and want to have a talk. They are great people, so I do not want to do anything that would upset the neighborly relationship.

I have two other places to dress. Thing is , when there, it looks like a rummage sale aftermath, clothes everywhere.
    But it is nice, and the smile on my face!
    Also keep clothes at main house because I told my SO. While she doesn't want to see me, it makes it easy to dress if there.
    Can be Char in less than 5 min, w/o makeup so an hour of fun if thats all that is available .
    Hugs

I am fortunate enough to have such a place. I'm doubly fortunate in having an accepting wife to share it with. The down side is all the travel and time away from the main home.

Reality Check
    You already have a camper, why would you need an apartment? How would you justify this to your wife? What happens if your wife comes to visit without telling you in advance?

You're going to get caught at some point, the only question is when.

Banned Read only
    Seems kind of depressing to me. Locking yourself away from all human contact? Not for me.

Perhaps you can think about how to tell your lady rathe than being certain you can not....

Banned Read only
    I have adequate opportunity to be en femme ten months of the year. I would love to have somewhere to hang my dresses (107) and dedicated draws to put my undergarments. The number of Xerox boxes is getting to be too much. One of my friends had a secret/secured room built into his new house for his fire arms and valuables. It's access was through the back of a closet. It was expertly done. It has a skylight. That would be ideal for hanging everything.

I sympathize with you. When my wife was home attending to child rearing I had no time to dress, except for three hours when she and the kids were at church. I yearned for quality time, and, it was very stressful. I spent too much money buying feminine garments on eBay to satisfy my urges. When the kids were older and my wife was working I had to take "therapy days" off from work to express myself. Now, as a retiree it is great.

Sometimes we have to the best with what we have. A camper may not be ideal, but, at least there is some sort of privacy and a place to look forward to. I would accept assignments to work out of town because I knew Stephanie could go along for a week. I'm not going to suggest telling your wife the extent of your desires. Only you know how she will react.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I have the big space but, it's going to be compromised soon. Here's a cut and paste from a recent email:

Speaking of which, after a couple of years of Carla and me (that's funny) being able to consume a full 1000 square feet of living space, private bathroom, walk-in closet, private bedroom, double sized office, home entertainment system, recliner and leather couch, sexey shoes lining the walls, sexey bras hanging everywhere, 100 dresses, three full maid's dresses, panties, stockings, night gowns, over 100 bras in multiple drawers, make-up, wigs, nail polish and every other girly thing you could imagine!

My mother-in-law is coming to visit for a week in November.

Did I mention pink hats, jewelry, make-up remover, fem shavers, bathing suits, corsets, pictures of Carla being beautiful!
    Oh! And the fetish stuff. Email me privately for that list.
    I'm thinking about putting a storage container in the side yard.
    Maybe two of them.

I'll survive. I'm taking the whole time off for paid vacation. As soon as they leave the house for their daily adventure, Carla and her big tits are going out to see the town. Now that's a vacation!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Sassy Princess (GG) Anna Fakley's Avatar
    I'm GG. My SO if a CD. My SO hide this from me for 15 years and I so wish he hadn't. I understand now why my SO did. I'm still not sure if I should refer to my SO as a he or she on here, so forgive me if I offend as I'm really new at this, LOL! Since coming out to me, it has made our marriage stronger than ever. Why? I'm not sure but it has. We can be more open with each other, we shop together, dress together and have "pretty parties". It's been great so far!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Fakley View Post
    .... I'm still not sure if I should refer to my SO as a he or she on here, ...
    Anna, allow me to offer up an answer. HE is a HE. HE is your husband or boyfriend. HE is a perfectly sane way to reference HIM on this board. Now, should you be going out, for convention, the pronoun "she" would work better in public.

I would love to have a place for myself, my financial standing along with full time college won't let that happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Anna, allow me to offer up an answer. HE is a HE. HE is your husband or boyfriend. HE is a perfectly sane way to reference HIM on this board. Now, should you be going out, for convention, the pronoun "she" would work better in public.

Why not ask her SO what he or she would prefer to be referred to on the forum?
    Suzanne

Fortunately I have never been in your situation.
    To have to be completely alone with my thoughts only would be devastating for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I used to fantasize about that too, but recently I got divorced and now I have a place of my own. It's very liberating. I dress like I want to, anytime I want to.

I don't mind being alone, but my daughter comes over from time to time. She knows about Julia so for now she's the only person that constantly sees me dressed.

Your final sentence , I totally agree with. Glamor making a mainstream comeback. Instead of just movie stars and celebreties, it would be so nice, if the common people, mainstream got into glamor, themselves. A place to dress in private would be nice for you. I have my own apartment for now, but i find i only dress once a week or less.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Perty, some salient advice above on chatting with your wife but a tough call.

My solution though with a wife who wants to see nothing is a 5th bedroom ... in the form of a commercial storage shed. Ground floor without a view; no shower, heating or cooling; lighting c/- battery LEDs. But it works
    Last edited by Michelle (Oz); 09-22-2014 at 07:36 AM.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I'm really good at solving problems. I've had my own place for nine years now. The best nine years of my life. I answer to no one. I have a bunch of friends I feel are loved ones, and a killer wardrobe. For me, life just doesn't get any better. Solving problems is really easy, you just need to go in that direction.