Thread: Dieting to a Size 16

Dieting to a Size 16

This Friday is my first ever venture into crossdrssing with a supportive female friend. I took my measurements this week and see that my chest and hips qualify for a size 16 but my belly doesn't It's too big.

I've decided a diet is what's needed. I used to weight train and ate for building muscle and/or burning fat. I'm gonna pull out my old stand-by diet to get my waist down to a size 16. I don't think much will come off my chest or hips, which is what I need since my belly is disproportionately large.

Will keep you updated.

TO

Gone to live my life
    Hi there,

Nothing wrong with getting healthy . . . good luck.

Hugs

Isha

Good for you I lost 40 lbs a year ago and feel great. Need to work on another 20. I was amazed at the clothing choices that opened up.
    Good Luck and keep us posted.
    Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

I generally don't like diets. Portion control, eating healthy food. (not just salads, but fresh food, minimize added sugar, as little trans fats as possible ) That and activity, keep moving.

I eat like a horse, but I'm on my feet all day, I end up walking miles at work, I ride my bike to and from work and other places, ( minimum 8 miles a day ) Last month, I unintentionally dropped from a 14 to a 12, which is slightly unfortunate as I just bought my first new skirts in size 14!
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

I recently joined Weight Watchers. I realized I'd gone up a size since spring. My goal is 50 lbs, to bring me to approx. a size 10.

Banned Read only
    Probably the worst physical attribute a male should worry about is "belly fat." Men tend to accumulate fat in the abdomen area, where as, women tend to accumulate it in the hips. Women have a pear shape. Men? I don't know what is really appropriate, but, I call it the "male pregnant look." Belly fat is really injurious to a man's health. It literally strangles the internal organs. I see you're 35 years old. From what you describe I suspect you fall into the typical male look that I see all to often.

I am six foot even, down from six foot one due to aging spinal compression. My weight had been up to 215. I read the back of the soda and beer cans and decided I do not need to consume 150-175 calories per can. I switched to unsweetened iced tea along with my coffee and plenty of water. I also found I had low grade diabetes. I dumped a lot of the dreaded "whites:" potatoes, rice, pasta. I reduced my intake, i.e., portion control. I joined a Y and did exercise to burn calories, not to bulk up. I've always read muscle mass will turn to fat, if you stop exercising. Now, I am down to 190 lbs morning weight.

My military weight was 175 lbs. I was a 38 Tall in the chest, and, had a 30 inch waist one time. Now? I'm a 42 inch chest and a 38 inch waist with hips to match. I fit comfortably into a size 18 or 1X. The motivation was two fold; healthy body and a better selection of clothing.

Stay the course. It may take several years to burn off the belly fat.

As to the clothes, specially dresses. I wear wraps, empire waists and styles which do not have a defined waist.

Good luck!

I've always read muscle mass will turn to fat, if you stop exercising. Now, I am down to 190 lbs morning weight.
    Stay the course. It may take several years to burn off the belly fat.
    Fortunately, neither are true. They are 2 different tissues and one cannot convert to the other. I've run the diet many times in the past and achieve about 1.5-3 lbs steady loss per week. At my heaviest of 204lbs, it took me about 7 months to get down to 149lbs, although it was too far; I was about 7% body fat- very skinny indeed.

I recently joined Weight Watchers. I realized I'd gone up a size since spring. My goal is 50 lbs, to bring me to approx. a size 10.
    Go for it!. It's achievable, it's just consistency and work that brings results.

TO

Just putting this out there -
    'Diets' rarely work. You trick yourself into feeling deprived while waiting for weight loss - and it's slow.

What has been proven to work, time and time again is a conscious decision to change.
    To change your lifestyle for the better. Less meat more veg, less soda more water or fruit juice, less sugar and salt.
    I've found popcorn is particularly useful, its a great space filler and if you get plain stuff, it has virtually no calorific value.
    I've also switched chocolate with carrot sticks and switched crisps (chips to you lot in the US) with apple and cheese.

My bowel thanks me - I don't feel half as bloated, I dont feel deprived and I'm losing the gut.
    Winner
    Samantha -x-

Sassy Princess (GG) Anna Fakley's Avatar
    I'm a GG and a nurse. So, I would like to weigh in on this. First, the key is exercise! Now, many choose to go with calorie counting and well in my experience, medically speaking you really want to watch carbs. Carbs turn to sugar! Plan and simple. I have struggled with weight loss for many years since having children and by no means am I in any position to putting advise out there but since I'm a nurse and can say how it "should be"., I guess I will, LOL. Anyway, watch your carbs and if you can find a product called ACE it will help with your appetite control. Good luck!

Going through the same thing. Going to the gym and keeping track of my calorie consumption. It's been good so far but I have a long way to go. Good Luck.

I am working on the same goal. My SO just started the Bikini Body Mommy program on youtube and asked if I wanted to do it too. We are only a week in but I already feel better! She is working parts of my body that I don't think guys usually care about and the best part was I had to take a before pic in a bikini to look at every day for motivation.
    Keep up the hard work!
    April

I can only say be optimistic.

Stick to a diet regimen, it will be difficult but the rewards will be there.

One easy thing, you have a supportive friend to help.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I an not happy with my 'girlish' figure, aka chubby belly! However,i work construction and commute 3 hrs round trip daily. Finding it difficult to make time to join a gym. I quit drinking soda like lil over a month ago and lost 10-12lbs. without really changing my routine,eating habits,etc. Soda is poison!! ....just sayin
    xoxo Jasmine

Consider a woman's fitness regimin as well. More salads, moderate protein, and low fats, preferably monosaturate or polyunsaturated (Olive Oil, Canola Oil) and avoid starches and sugars.

Consider taking a dance class, like Zumba, Jazzercise, or Aerobics. Unlike weight training, you DON'T want to build muscles. You want to tone muscles, especially your core. This is done by using small load and lots of repetitions. Instead of crunches on the floor, you want to do pelvic thrusts, hip rotations, and half kicks. Knee to Opposing Elbow, for example works a bunch of muscles the right way. You'll also learn some moves you can use on the dance floor, and then you can dress up, go dancing, and have the best of both worlds.

You might also want to consider a waist cincher or sweat belt. Both will encourage your body to shed weight from the waist.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Note: It doesnt happen overnight.
    And diets DO NOT WORK!!!!! Been there, done that. About 5 years ago I decided to make a lifestyle change. The ONLY method is complete transformation. Eat healthier, and exercise daily. I went from a size 26 to a size 8, although I can fit in size 6. Almost 100% of people that ask me, "How did you do it?"....lose complete interest when they realize the true commitment it actually takes. Honestly, they just want to take some "magic" pill and lose the weight overnight with little or no effort. And then after losing the desired weight, one must maintain it off. Thats the truth and if you disagree, then you just dont know.
    I speak from personal experience and from the heart.

Good luck with your diet though!

Love,
    Lexi V.

The Optimist

Firstly its not just about dieting its about a change of lifestyle, its about taking the weight off and keeping it off. Look at the contestants on the Biggest Looser they help them get away from there self destructive eating habits and show them how to eat properly. Chris Powell on Extreme Weight-loss also take the same approach in trying to show that eating healthy is achievable and it doesn't have to be boring.

Portion control is another key issue, i once heard somebody say whats the most pointless thing on an American menu....appetizers, as American portion control is so out of whack that an appetizer is the size of a main meal in most cases. A calories counting app is good My Fitness Pal is awesome it opened my eyes to how much crap is used to eat. I used to weigh between 260-280 i now weigh an even 200, i have been as low as 187 but never been able to stabilize there so it can be done.

Believe in yourself you got this

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You do need to change eating habits and do some walking every night.
    Moderation and portion size is what worked for me.
    I didn't do any special diet or the at the moment fad diet those really don't work.
    I'm a former size 20 so I do have some experience with weight issues.
    There are cute styles for your size so don't be too upset find something you like and get your femme on.

Banned Read only
    You go girl. I would love to get back into a size 14 again.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    The smaller the size the more likely one is to "pass".
    Good for you.

Down 7lbs and 1.5" from my waist so far, although a lot of that is probably water. It should even out to 1-2lbs/week now till the end.

TO

I need to work harder and lose weight also .. I want more options from women's shops !