Thread: The blue pill or the red pill?

The blue pill or the red pill?

If as a CD, you could take one pill and wake up the next morning and all traces of your "other" self, your clothing, others knowing about your "hobby" (if they do) and your urge and desire and any memory of ever experimenting with the CD issue had vanished from your mind (and from your closets), and every problem or predicament had suddenly vanished, would you take that pill? In chatting with others about this I always get a vast majority of "yes" answers!

The reality of it is personally, after 40+ years in the game that started with one pair of nylons and has progressed to the "total look," it's pretty much over for me now, I'm set in my ways. I live with it because that's just the way it is, the way "I" am and for the most part the way it has always been. There isn't time anymore to start fresh if I could and get married and start a family, not really.

It is sad to hear from other CD's about their problems because I understand. Transgenderists have their own problems to an even greater degree but the CD aspect ruins so many marriages and lives because 90% of GG women don't want a feminine SO for the most part and then adding kids to the mix makes it worse for all involved and I am not even delving into close friends or family matters either!. The "I can quit once I get married" idea is a nice try but a total fantasy and even if a CD puts the idea into practice, like a cocaine, heroin or nicotine addiction, the urge always returns with a vengeance! You can no more change who you are than you can change your blood type!

And getting shunned by girlfriends, loosing friends, being shunned by family, being under the constant threat of losing a job or taking a physical beating because "regular" guys fear what they don't "understand" all adds to the stress of a dual lifestyle. And that stress is always, always there in the back of your mind pulling at you like an anchor on a chain! "Hey Bob!? Let's go hunting or fishing or check out some of those new hot-rod motorcycles down at the shop!" Then it's "naw, can't make it this weekend pal, sorry." Then you walk away. You'd love to go have some fun but you just got that new black satin corset and those glassy, seamed nylons you've been waiting for,forever and can't wait to "hit the silk!" You know?? I can get my waist small enough to get into this dress or that skirt now, and those 6 inch heels will look great with those shiny seams, and on and on and on it goes.

Then there's buying that additional wardrobe, purging, rebuying and adding still more to that wardrobe gaining back weight like a lifelong dieter and getting heavier still and then squirrling it all away convincing yourself "that's just mom's old stuff or the stuff the ex left behind." That's it, nothing wrong with me! That stuff in the attic, or the basement, or under the bed or in the tree house or at the bus station or in the crawl space or buried in the back yard isn't really mine, no, it's out of sight, out of mind baby! Yeah! Because I'm a macho man! Yeah, that is, until you dig everything else out to "play" once again.

It's a self consuming life style that fosters a near total lonliness and isolation because no matter how far society goes, we will never be accepted because we are seen as weak, gay or just plain weird! That "3rd" sex that there just isn't room for in the "real" world where bar and restaurant owners just won't build that 3rd restroom.

And let's face it 99% of us get read if we go out anyway! That's the culmination of the CD experience, the real fantasy, going out and passing, but we never will and we know it, not really unless we can blend in with a woman's basketball team that comes to town or it's just dark and foggy and crowded enough to not attract attention. You get the point.

It started with experimentation but I knew it was far more than that, and that there would be no satiating this new hobby. It's what you all know and realize as well if you give it some reflection! I know that I could have had a better life without all the deception and the sneaking around and could have devoted all the time and energy and money I wasted on my hobby and done something far more constructive. $20 bucks for one pair of nylons from Secrets in Lace? You kidding!?!?!? Nope!

But, I'm hooked on what I do, it's a part of me I don't like and don't understand because nobody really does. There's nothing like it, there's no "higher" high when you release your alter-ego, not really, unless it's true love. And I watched that walk out the door more than once and that's a real shame! It's nice to read all your comments and issues and I realize I'm one of you and I understand. And It's nice to know I am not alone.

But in retrospect, if I could have taken that pill in my early teenaged years when I saw that first pair of nylons hanging over the shower rod and before I put them on for the first time? Yeah, Yeah I think I would have! Just a thought!
    Last edited by Shiny; 01-23-2006 at 01:34 AM.

interesting thought

I'm sure everybody else would have some insightful thoughts about this. I'm still in my 20's and I haven't had much time dressing up as some of our members have. I can't see that far into the future, so I wouldn't know how it would turn out if I continued crossdressing. Or even if I will quit (kind of hard to do at this point). It's true that most people wouldn't be comfortable and that it would ruin a lot of relationships. But that's the sad truth of life. I believe that being able to express yourself with others who share the same ideas and "hobbies" is what helps it worthwhile. Which is why I feel so relieved after joining this forum, and this is only my second day.

My answer to the question: N/A
    I would atleast like to see what it would be like if I never did wear that nightgown. How things would be different now (and how much more money I would have in my account :cheeky: ). That's one of life's questions: "What if....."

if that pill made me my true inner/outer self of a female yes i would , i long to be a female , i just feel i don'tfit my male persona, and hobbies, this one isnt so bad, try my car hobby , i currently own 5 cars and they are in different states of disrepair or restoration , now where did all my money go ? oh yea it is sitting in the driveway and or garage. and also i have never purged, just removed old things that either are worn out , or don't fit anymore
    Last edited by kristytv; 01-23-2006 at 01:49 AM.

Nope. Ignorance is bliss, but there are a lot of people walking around in a state of bliss. Although crossdressing has been a burden at times, the interface that it allows me, the window into the other half of humanity, has shown me a greater existence, a fuller understanding of life in this world from both points of view, the male and the female. I'm richer for it, and I wouldn't trade it for ignorance.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Heck, I wouldn't change it for a million bucks. Dawn is a total part of me. She's been there for over 45 years and I have never been sorry or remoreseful one single day. Yes, I have put her aside for a time but never have fiorgotten her. I have kept every outfit she has ever oened. There are times when she recedes into hibernation but she always comes out stronger than ever. Some know about her, she is more prominenet at times, eben partly visible. I actully love and enjoy this part of myself. If there was a pill that would make me totally Dawn with me blending into the lifestream as her, I would gladly take it and be Dawn forever. It is a oart of me that I could never refuse.
    Dawn

From the poem by John Greenleaf Whittier, Titled Maud Muller, comes these words:

"(For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
    The saddest are these: "It might have been!")"

How many times have I looked back and said to myself these same things ?

Shiny, your post brought a tear to my eye. So very close to home.

My family and I had the abortion discussion today (again) and we talked about when would you give up a pregancy and have an abortion. I said, if I was to know I would be like me or my sister (advanced autism) I would have probably aborted both of us. I guess you could say that I wish everyday that I could be "normal" and not be intersexed, TS, 6'6", etc, but that is life. All my family, my closest friends, many coworkers, etc know about me and what I am becoming. In reality is it about becoming who I was in the first place, and I am hitting the floor running.

If there was some cure that would either make me: A guy, with a perfectly healthy sex life and anatomy etc, or a full fledged GG, 6'0", 160 pounds, etc; I would take it in a second. In actuality my body shape, curves and very female like, and because I am XXY in some ways I am a genetic girl and a genetic boy, wow, I wish society could see that now.

I am a smart and inteligent person, and U strive for that. It maters none how some people percive me, I am my own person, no doubt about that!

Mandy
    [SIZE="4"]My life in a Quote[/SIZE]
    "I don't like sand. It's coarse, rough, irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Everything’s soft and smooth."
    [SIZE="1"]—Anakin to Padmé - Star Wars - Episode 2 - Attack of the Clones[/SIZE]

Occupying my own end of the gender spectra...

The green pill

I would take the green pill--which let me have the interest or not whenever I choose.

I don't mean to be flip here--rather I allude to a substantial point, which is that one of the biggest problems in life is how we constantly set up reality in terms of false dilemmas. We say, either A or not A, unconsciously or automatically excluding a virtually infininte number of other options.

Anyway, to compare with your experience, for many years I would have taken the pill to make all interest to go away. Lately, however, I'm not so sure. It may be that the basis of the "crossdressing urge" is really a genuine drive to experience latent parts of my personality--and in particular parts having to do with feelings.

Crossdressing, or some parts of it anyway, could be a bridge or transitional method for accessing these parts. That makes things tricky--it suggests I may need to follow the urge part way, perhaps just in fantasy, but not let it go to extremes.

Cathy

GypsyKaren
    I love the way I am, and I love myself for it. I wouldn't change a thing, really, I'm happy as a clam, happy as is, you know. I think being tg made me a stronger person, and I know it made me more kind and caring.

As far as getting read, I could care less. It happens to me all the time, but I'm not out to be taken for a woman, I just want to be looked at and treated as a person, nothing more, nothing less. I don't go out dressed in order to fool anyone, I do it because it makes me feel whole and real, and I don't need the approval of a total stranger to enjoy that.

I'll tell you one more thing, if I lose any friends because I am coming out to more and more, then so be it, I don't need people like that anyway, and I think I'll somehow survive. I'm being me for myself only, nobody certainly needs my approval to be themselves, I'm going to do what's best for me and my particular circumstances.

GypsyKaren

I don't hate being trans, but if taking the pill did not change my personality, then yes, I'd take it.
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyKaren

I'll tell you one more thing, if I lose any friends because I am coming out to more and more, then so be it, I don't need people like that anyway, and I think I'll somehow survive. I'm being me for myself only, nobody certainly needs my approval to be themselves, I'm going to do what's best for me and my particular circumstances.
    GypsyKaren
    Karen, what an insightful and intellegent statement. I hope to be able to say that with conviction some day.

As far as taking a pill to forget all this, I am not sure what I would do. If you asked me years ago after spending some time dressing, when the guilt set in, then the answer would be absolutely YES.

But lately, I am finding that there is so much more to this than I ever imagined. I really like the softer side of me. I enjoy seeing my relfection as a "women". I am not out to fool anybody, or trick them into believeing I am a GG. I dress for me. No one else. I just see a happier person looking back at me.

A confidence pill. Thats what I need. One that would allow me to echo Karen's statement. I have never imposed my views or will upon anyone in life. I am so very tolerant of diversity. All I wish for is to receive the same in return. I just want to be free to be who I am. Whether wearing male clothes or female clothes, I am still me. Why can't anyone else see that?
    Sarah

"So Often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key" The Eagles

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I do not wish to give up who I am. Genifer is a big part of who I am. I like being different from your average guy. The pill I wish I could take would make me 20 years old again - knowing what I know now. Then it would not take me so long to figure this all out.

Genfier

Professional Consumer Rebecca Petersen's Avatar

Ah yes, the pill.

Dear Shiny, funny you brought this concept up. I've been asking pretty much every transgendered person I have met this "Would you take the pill" question for over 15 years now. I would venture a guess and say that better than 80% of the people responded with a definite "YES."
    Here's the problem. Almost all went on to explain that they would take the pill because it would make someone elses life easier or better. My wife, my kids, my boss or just society in general. Rarely did I hear that they would take the pill for their own benefit.
    When you think about it, there is no benefit for us, only those around us. If everyone accepted us for what we are - and I agree with you that it probably will never happen - then the question of the pill would never come up.
    Remember, you are only accepted by society by the same degree of your self-acceptance.
    Chin up, move on, you are what you are. Over simplification? You bet, but sometimes that's what's needed. Knowing the difference in what you have the power to change and what you can not.
    Rebecca

No bloody way!!!! I've had way too much fun doing it, all the way from the Renaissance Faire to Temple Square.

very well written shiney

that is my whole story what you have written, I am in the closet unlike most in here ,I injoy being in male mode , the activities that I do other than c/d . but always in the back of my mind I feel the need to c/d like if I see a pair of cute heels ,or sandals on a woman, or a cute outfit she is wearing . women have so much more out there for them not just the clothes ,but oppertunities, then there is the down side to being a woman the monthly visiter you all know what I mean . and vulnerbility gg,s dont take offense to to vulnerbility. I think I would still choose if there was a pill to become full woman average woman height, curves, and smaller shoe size ,and of course femmin voice. even being a woman I could still do all the thing I can do know ,have the thing that I have now ,and plus wear what ever I wanted without riddicule , I could fully express the way I felt day to day .

just my opinion though ,
    pauleen

the pill concept can certainly be tempting. i, like pauleen enjoy male mode- and likewise am in the closet. being a man has too many advantages to give up, and the thrill of dressing wouldn't be nearly so great as a gg.

now some kind of pill that change attitudes, making clothing non-gender specific would be great- being able to walk out in skirt and heels, but as your natural self- that would be me sorted.

Never.

Not for anything (aside from a full transformation of course!) would I even consider it--I'd spit that pill out, smash it beneath my foot, and spit on it for good measure.

This is who I am. I may live in an area of the wo...no...a world where such things make me a freak in the eyes of common folk, but I love and am very happy with what I am even if finding others who might appreciate it are very few & far between. Crossdresser4life! <3

Before anyone asks/says it, I'm not saying this because "if you say it enough times, you might believe it's true." I'm saying this because It's what I really think. I'm 28 now, and have had plenty of time to wrestle with the feelings of "this makes me a ****up in the eyes of society" we've all had. The result of the wrestling match was me winning, hardcore. My prize was the understanding that the world is full of people, and those who look down upon what we are generally don't matter too much/at all.

gimme the pill

i want to be like this
    Last edited by tara 24-7; 02-12-2006 at 01:13 AM.