Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accidently Headed to Work with Lipstick on...

Accidently Headed to Work with Lipstick on...

I was headed to work this morning without cleaning off my Red lip gloss. I made it to the parking area at my workplace when I noticed my Lips were still Red.. I never even thought about why people were smiling at me at the stoplights. I still only dress in my home so the thrill was great.

The Mad Scientist
    That's funny.. You narrowly missed being known as hot lips

I have done that one a few times myself. Have dressed at home cleaned up and forgot to remove the lipstick, remembering just before getting to my destination to remove it.

Have not been caught out with lipstick however forgot to remove the necklace one day and wondered why I was getting funny looks from the newsagent when buying the paper. My wife bought the fact to my attention when she said that I should remove the necklace before our son arrives home.

Almost forgot to remove eyeliner the other day. I glanced in the mirror thinking I looked kind of fem but didn't look close enough to know why!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Tina has had lipgloss color that perfectly matched her lip color. You can just see the trainwreck coming since the lip color is not noticeable...until one buys a coffee and after a sip, that white top has a lovely lipstick mark! OOPS!

Forgot to remove cute bows I was wearing on my hair and almost got caught when my kids came home from school. Luckily like most girls do, I took a quick glance in the mirror and noticed moments before they arrived.

Love,
    Lexi V.

I did something similar the other day. I went to the grocery store in drab after a morning of dressing. I did clean my make up off but missed some red lip gloss. Got some funny looks at the store. Didn't know why until I got home and saw how red my lips still were!

I often wear nude lipstick in male mode, and no one seems to notice. But red? I think that would raise a few eyebrows.

Last month I was dressed and my mother called in a kind of emergency call, so I undressed fast and went over. When I got there I realized I didn't take the loop earrings off. Took them off just before my mom answered the door

In my lifetime there were dozens of times when it was almost like I WANTED to get caught.
    I used to wear my mother's camisole or a teddy to bed. I would deliberately leave the covers under my arms so my parents could see the spaghetti straps.
    When I started shaving my legs, I wore shorts to the store several times when I ran across people I knew at church or at work.

The tell-tale nail polish remnants gave me away a few times, usually to more observant women.

When I went to my 40 year high school reunion I met several girls who remembered me from as far back as second grade. They remembered that I was more like a girl, that the boys used to beat me up for being a "sissy", and they remembered me as their friend. It seems that I didn't keep my secret very well at school either.

At my college reunion last year, no one was really surprised by Debbie either. The other kids on Stage crew did that "I knew it!!. Most of them thought I was gay, they had no idea I was a lesbian. Many of the girls were not surprised at all. They were happy for me that I had finally found the courage to be the woman they always knew me to be.

On the road to transition, I started wearing ruby studs to work in both ears, wore light nail polish, and switched to a woman's watch. Men's slacks never fit me very well, so I usually bought women's slacks. I also liked to wear black shoes with chunk 2 inch heels, that were feminine versions of male shoes like oxfords and wingtips. Men's shoes always cut into my ankles, often to the point of making them bloody. Women's shoes were much more comfortable at the ankle and heel. I also let my hair grow out.

It was amazing how far I was able to go before anyone actually started commenting. Those who did comment, when I told them I was transgendered and considering transition - were VERY supportive, especially women with lower voices and who were older.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Spotted some foundation on the side of my neck near my ear one as the SO was pulling in the drive way , close call !
    We all have them I guess

Best mate came round one afternoon and we shared a few beers, and my feet got hot, so slipped off my boat shoes. OMG bright red toe nails. Difficult explaining that away.

Well, a bit of lipstick/gloss can always be explained that your SO had it on and gave you a big kiss before you left, and you did not realize how much had transferred to your lips!
    Plausible denialability!
    Ellen

This was what was happening to me around 12 years ago. My wife kept kissing me all the time and I never realized my lips were covered with red lipstick. I remember talking to the mechanic (and a few other guys) about getting my car fixed and they were all looking at me funny. One look in the mirror after getting home made it clear.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

" CynthiaD" you mentioned nude lipstick could you enlighten me as I am a nnewbie makeup wise
    thanks and hugs phylis anne

Thankfully all my co workers including my supervisor know about my fem side of me, so coming to work with lipstick on or having my nails painted is not a big thing anymore?

I have been caught short a couple of times meeting visitors.
    I explained that the wife wanted to see a particular colour lipstick against the foundation colour.
    Not sure whether that excuse works or not.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Spent 30 years working in an all male job. One day just a few blocks from the job, and running late, I looked down at the steering wheel and noticed the prettiest pink nails staring back at me. I had to run into a 7/11 convenience store and buy nail polish remover to get it off. The place was filled with a construction crew that was working on the road out front. So I got in line with the them, they had coffee and donuts, I had pink nails and polish remover, well you can imagine the looks.
    I have always checked my hands on the way out the door, if I've been dressing or not, I don't ever want to go there again.
    But, I did make it to work on time, with clean nails.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Reality Check
    "Nude lipstick"?? Like Chapstick? What's the point? If lipstick doesn't color your lips, why bother?

Banned Read only
    Natasha,
    I had the same thing happen, dressed in the morning not full make up just lipstick had some lunch, pulled on some drab clothes over the top to walk the dog . I checked quickly in the mirror thinking the meal had taken most of the lipstick off !
    On the walk I asked some guys cutting down trees if the wood was available for firewood if I was prepared to fetch it, they couldn't stop looking at my lips and I guessed why ! I walked on for a bit then they caught up with me in their truck to tell me where they would stack it for me, second long stare at my face ! I just thanked them for their help gave them a big lippy smile and walked off !!

Banned Read only
    I never have this problems with lipstick, but always have problems with eyeliner and mascara. These problems start in the morning if I was late coming back from club, and on morning I go to smoke on balcony

how about being in the car driving out of your drive and suddenly noticing your nails are still bright pink? Dash back into the house and get the polish remover just in time.

Heh, "accidentally".

Was it last night's lipgloss or do you apply lipgloss early in the morning, only to remove it just before you go to work?

I like to put it on in the morning since i usually dont go in till 11:00 or so then remove it when I'm leaving for work.