Thread: Sissy or Tomboy?

Sissy or Tomboy?

I like to dress like a "Sissy", but I prefer to act like a "tomboy", if that means a girl who doesn't act real girlish. I've never liked the thought of being "male", or of being manly or muscular, but I'm fairly strong and competent, like I imagine a tomboy girl would be.

I stated not long ago here that I feel that at a very young age I "imprinted" on my Mom, as I remember wanting to be like her, not like Dad. Then I remembered Mom said she had been a tomboy, so it seems my imprinting included that behavior.

So, when you dress girly, do you prefer to act girly too, or more tomboyish? And was your Mom girly, or more a tomboy? Many CDs seem to like to imitate girly women's mannerisms etc, but I hope I'm not alone in liking to be a girly-dressed tomboy.

(GGs and others are welcome to comment too.)
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

I know exactly what you mean Lelak ! I think its the the testosterone we were born with thatmakes us tomboyish . I love being girly but that tomboy side comes out all to often..
    Bty i love that dress!!! Where can i i find it!
    I just want to be a pretty girl!

I prefer self-actualized rather than gender stereotyped

Since as early as I remember, I've always considered myself a "tomboy". No point in changing that outlook now, right?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Gone to live my life
    Hi Lelak,

If I had to commit to an answer I would have to say "tomboy" as I still embrace my male side when presenting my female identity.

Hugs

Isha

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I would say tomboy also. I prefer to dress casual, jeans and boots. A skirt or dress when the situation is right, but prefer to be comfortable and still look nice. I enjoy doing alot of outdoor things compared to being inside reading or sewing. I guess if there would be a term for a male who enjoys being a little more towards the femme side then we would all be accepted. If girls can be tomboys and be fully accepted what is the hangup if we want to be a bit girly?
    Erica

Lelak , you nailed it well I too prefer the tomboy look but for different reasons ---- it is perfect camouflage for hiding in plan sight as they say all they see is someone in jeans and boots unless they really take the time to scrutinize especially with my figure LOL ala mrs doubtfire
    phylis anne

Ahh great question!
    But in today's world I don't think a girl has to choose. There was a high school girl in my town who was a very girly girl in to pretty cloths make up jewelry , competed in beauty pagents , and won some. Ect
    Same girl played on the varcity baseball team with the boys. Went hunting and camping with her brothers and father , even rebuilt the transmission on the classic mustang she drives in auto shop.
    She is a girly , girl as you can be , and as Tom boy as you can be all at the same time. I think these are great times for young woman to grow up in! A lot of the limitation of last generations are melting away. I predict 100 years from now female will be the dominent gender

Banned Read only
    There are certain mannerism that come with being a girl. Men traditionally do not have long hair. I have to wisp away a stray hair off my face when I have my wig on. As a male I have to just sit down in a chair. En femme I have to smooth my dress with my hands down my backside when I sit. As I guy when I am sitting I usually cross my legs at my ankles. En femme I cross my legs at my knees. As a guy I have a long stride (six foot). En femme in heels I take shorter steps. "Sissy" to me is to exaggerate mannerisms. I equate it with the stereo typical image of a guy with a "limp wrist." "Tomboy?" When I was a kid my baseball team's center fielder was "Charlie," AKA, Linda. She was truly a good baseball player. She was all female, except she liked jeans and tees and played baseball. I'm sure she grew up to be a very attractive womanly woman. She was a girl decades ahead of her time.

When en femme I just try to adopt the mannerisms of a female. For those who are out and about, I think the vast majority of my sister's try to adopt those mannerisms also. No?
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 09-23-2014 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Spelling errors

I play sissy in a fantasy role now and then but I probably border on the tomboyish side more often.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Tomsissy?

Not sure how else I fit, honey.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I dress as girly as possible but not to girly mannerisms.
    Is that a tomboy? Don't know but Love the clothes.
    Hugs
    Char

I am happy with the 'sissy' role!!

Girly girl or Sissy all the way...

I consider my self a tomboy

Quote Originally Posted by mechamoose View Post
    Tomsissy?

Not sure how else I fit, honey.

- MM
    Exactly!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I really don't know, I really don't present as overly girly when dressed and not overly manly when not. I guess I'm just me. Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Used to be mainly 'sissy'.. Have grown to LOVE the school girl look...
    Guess we may change as we age.. leaning toward tomboy side, but have a closet full of 'sissy' dresses..
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

Banned Read only
    Nature OR Nurture?

No.

Nature + Nurture?

Yes. Scientifically proven FACT for most Humans. And obviously for you and many others here as reported in countless other threads.

Regardless of what I am wearing and no matter where I go, I am just a guy wearing what he wants to and nothing more.

I'm not a big fan of that first term but I tend to be a girly girl as far as what I wear. Some of my natural mannerisms are also a bit feminine so it's easy to just let that part of me take over. However I will be firmly glued to the couch, beer in hand, watching football come Sunday. You tell me.
    For years I hoped I was just a CDer but now I realize I am transgender and that's alright.

Most of my closest best friends growing up were real (GG) Tomboys, and I cherish the memories of all of them, and the great times we had together. Don't know any of them now, but I'll bet they just turned out to be the greatest women all grown up!! You GG women that were once tomboys, and maybe still are a little, Rock!!

CDs cannot be tomboys - that is a term reserved for genuine females. they term do better describe us would probably be "Nancy boys" (maybe in the Uk they say Jane Girls)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymees22 View Post
    I really don't know, I really don't present as overly girly when dressed and not overly manly when not. I guess I'm just me. Jaymee
    +1. Feeling like I'm supposed to be dressed as, and behave as a girl, but don't make any attempt to change my body movement mechanics.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Even thou when im dressed im a girly girl but when i am in male mode im all boy! .I also have always been more attracted to Tomboys (GG,s) to me they seem more down to earth
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo