Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 1950's swing dress look

I mostly love the look and shape of the dresses and especially the full skirts, but I'm not crazy about any of the styles from that era involving putting a collar on a dress. I would more say I love the fit and flare look that became popular back then, but updated with some of the more modern materials and necklines.

I have embraced the 50,s look also mostly in the form of square dance dresses but to me they look just like something June Cleaver would wear petticoats and all
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Don't neglect the thrift and consignment stores.
    Beauty Trends has nice wigs for honest prices.
    Buy comfortable shoes.
    Buy quality makeup.
    I also like that 1950's look and you can pull it off if you don't go overboard. Usually first time CD's always go for too much too soon, so spend your money wisely.
    Also check out church thrift stores and Goodwill and the Salvation Army thrift stores. You can buy ALL of your outerwear AND jewelry at these stores and save tons of money.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    To Stephanie47,
    YES! Me too!