Thread: Where have compliments sent you?

Banned Read only

Question Where have compliments sent you?

On each of my outings I strive to appear more and more as a lovely lady each time. And I'm getting there. On my last outing, after some amazing makeup from a beauty academy a sales women in a dress store called me "pretty". I asked if it was the Ribicoff dress I was trying on, but she said that the dress helped of course, but I was very pretty..
    Over the Moon.... Really.......The energy that compliment released....incomparable!
    How have you reacted to compliments?
    Where have they sent you?

IMHO
    I think many of us live for the positive feedback - whether our own self-appraisal or from others. It is very strong when from someone else and even better from a stranger who has nothing to gain from the compliment. It is probably the basis for closet CDers to want to go out - to get the affirmation of being seen as a typical woman. Those who fit the TS 'label' might not be as strongly needy of the outside affirmation. I think we take pictures and post them to get the compliments and many do reply back with those as they know they should give compliments because they want them themselves, and we are nice people who think of the needs of others.
    Hugs, Ellen

Well, I do like compliments and take them for what they are worth, something nice said about me by someone else. I take them as a validation of my effort to blend in, my clothes choices, including accessories and my demeanor when interacting with them. Of course, I love receiving them, but do not live waiting for them. Many are people just being nice like, "You look good for a guy dressed as a woman". Others are true compliments. I like these the best.

Banned Read only
    I receive compliments on a regular basis when out but/AND I make ZERO attempt to present/"pass" as a female. And strangely enough it's way over 90% from Black women of all ages. [regardless of any of the dozen or so stores I visit on a regular basis] I have never been able to account for this and posted a thread just a few weeks ago about it and asked if others had experienced similar results. The thread quickly joined multiple dozens of others in the Graveyard. Clearly it broke a "rule" of some kind...

I always just Thank them on go on about my shopping. I should add that VERY very few have ever asked WHY I am "dressed" unconventionally.

They simply do NOT care is the obvious explanation.

I was complimented by a felame check out clerk this morning. It made my day and lifted my spirits to the ceiling.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Compliments I don't necessarily believe but accept them graciously anyway.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    I react to the rare compliments with a healthy degree of skepticism.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

The compliments I got in my pic threads did lift my spirits.And I do enjoy giving compliments on other threads when I'm really impressed how good/very attractive another member looks in their pics.Some avatars and profile pics are amazing!
    But for me,chatting,friendship counts the most.

During the course of my life, I have learned to take any compliment with a grain of salt. When I receive one that is really genuine, it kinda geves me the ability to walk on clouds for a bit.

Bobbi

I had two compliments while out yesterday. While in a thrift store a lady turned around to tell me "she wished she had legs like mine" and while walking out the door from dinner, one of two girls walking in Said, "great eyes".
    I'll take whatever I can get

Banned Read only
    These great responses have taken me back to a scene. Maybe it's just me, but I am not really interested in hanging out with other crossdressers. I once got some very loud public compliments from a pair of badly dressed/made up trannies in a local mall. They were so excited and loudly called me "sister". I couldn't get away from them fast enough.
    I adore a quietly enunciated, honest compliment, but the flashing neon light treatment? Nope!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    I receive compliments on a regular basis... And strangely enough it's way over 90% from Black women of all ages.
    Holy crap, yes, I thought it was just me! I don't know the reason, nor do I care... the compliments are always sweet.

Compliments send me right off.....
    Over the moon of course.
    I am always available for constructive criticism of any kind.

If it is bad I will try harder next time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Most people enjoy a compliment now and then, it helps validate the effort you put into looking the best you can.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Banned Read only
    If I don't recieve compliments then I think something wrong with me

Platinum Member
    Hi Ophelia, I take care of my nails and always have a couple coats of clear coat
    on them and I have had cashiers complement me on them.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I haven't really had comments but when I get acknowledged as her, she or ma'am... I know I'm doing something right. For instance, I needed fuel for my car so I stopped at a gas station, put my card in the reader on the pump and a message says something is wrong. First thought I had was I something was wrong with my card and had to call the bank which meant I needed to wait until the bank opened which was 2 hours away. I grabbed my wallet, went inside to talk to a cashier. There were two of them, I went to the guy that wasn't helping a customer and he asked if I was on pump four. Before I could say anything, the female cashier said "She is just having problems with her card" While I didn't visibly show my happiness, I was glowing really bright on the inside.

Aquarians tend to ignore compliments, because they don't compute well.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Banned Read only
    It's nice to be complimented.