Thread: Attended a Renaissance Fesitval The Other Day

Attended a Renaissance Fesitval The Other Day

It was my first time but I didn't dress up, not even as a male. But looking around I saw a lot of girls dressed up as maidens, princesses, and the costumes with the butterfly wings and really wish I could have gone as something like that.

Anyone gone en femme at a Renaissance Faire?

I haven't, but it sure looks like a good reason and opportunity to dress........... The outfits are so elaborate, I'm sure we could blend pretty easily.....
    Joann, a Jersey Shore Gal.
    "Be True to Yourself"

I bought an Irish overdress, blouse, and skirt this summer. Need to hem the dress (hoop skirt not in my plans for this outfit) and then I hope to wear it at a Renaissance fair some time.

'Irish overdress' What's that? Never heard of one before and I live in Ireland! Anyway sounds like fun. We don't do renaissance fairs here either. Pity that. I'd love get into one of those historic dresses.
    I was in the film studio during the making of 'The Tudors'. I actually stood in the lunch queue with Henry the Eight, Jonathan Rhys Myers, behind me. Never saw a star do that before. Nice guy. But I digress I also got to see the fabulous dresses the ladies wore. Stunning is the word. I was pretty jealous. Apparently they they made as per the real thing and were very expensive. The only odd thing was seeing Renaissance ladies standing around talking on their cell phones and smoking!

I would just love to go to a renaissance festival in general, never got a chance to go

Yes I have. You could too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by MissAmy View Post
    It was my first time but I didn't dress up, not even as a male. But looking around I saw a lot of girls dressed up as maidens, princesses, and the costumes with the butterfly wings and really wish I could have gone as something like that.

Anyone gone en femme at a Renaissance Faire?
    Where was it? Why didn't you invite me? I would have dressed up! PM me the next time.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

I've gone to the original Renaissance Pleasure Faire in SoCal a couple of time with Persephone and our spouses. If you search my started threads you can read of our experiences there.

It's a great place for a CDer. Nobody is going to pay us much attention when there are fairies and vikings striding about! We've always had a wonderful time. I've never dressed in Renaissance costume for the event, but find that a boho sort of skirt and blouse work nicely.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Platinum Member
    Hi Amy, We have a big Ren. Fest just South of Baltimore maybe this year I can make it to it.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I've gone to the Maryland Renaissance Festival 3 times in female period costume, plus a couple of other times in boy mode with my family.

The first two times I went, I rented a wench costume there. In fact, the first time I ever went out en femme was at the Renaissance Festival. It game me an excuse to get help buying some makeup (at Ulta), buying my first wig, and accessorizing, in particular, buying an appropriate Renn-styled purse.

It was actually pretty cool. Most people didn't even take a second glance, but a number of girls told me I looked good. It was nice to hear, but I know they lied, but, nonetheless ... Oh, and while I didn't get ma'am'ed, I did get a m'lady.

I'm planning on going again within the next couple of weeks.

When I went last year with a CD friend and her wife, they let me borrow one of their extra costumes.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I also frequently appear at the Maryland Renaissance Festival dressed. I even have video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHC6...ZkfsXtMWLoZV5Q

As Eryn has already mentioned, the four of us regularly attend the SoCal Ren Faire. We're always en femme and most years I do wear a costume. It is a lot of fun, there are alway interesting things to see and to do, and, of course, there is the shopping!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

We have one supposedly in Bristol, WI, just over the border. I was dragged to it recently by some friends, we did not dress up, but I really liked the whole deal. I could definitely see myself getting into the spirit, either male or (preferably) en femme. I did not see any CDs this last time, but i was not so intent on that as I was the female costumes that were there. A good thing I did not bring spending money...

I could definitely see myself in a few female outfits- from shopgirl to lady/princess to warrior- but the clothing would have to be good quality- no cheap costume type stuff. Something to consider, including fixing up an antique motorcycle to ride up to the faire... (yes, i know they did not have motorcycles back then, but it is in keeping with the retrospective motif)

Yes, and no one knew either.
    Absolutely fabulous.
    It was in the UK about five years ago.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I would love to dress up for a renaissance fair. It would be so much fun but I don't know of any out here. :/

There is a Ren Fair at Waxahatchie Texas
    Would any care to get together and go ?