Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skirts over Scotland

Being from Yorkshire, a kilt is not appropriate although I could support my wifes clan, but more importantly, I hate spending the pennies, when I could have a tartan mini skirt for $20
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    (Both times it was for weddings)
    I can't complain about THAT.. I wear suits to important occasions. I wear a kilt to those that MATTER.

(Yes, I own a full, 8 yard kilt. Sporran (I made it) , sgian dubh, proper brogues)

My step daughter got married last year. She wanted to wear Gordon colors for the wedding. I was ecstatic! We want over the combinations based on the version of the plaid. My oldest daughter and my step daughter got into all kinds of arguments as to colors for dresses, until I shared links of all the variants.

Once my step daughter understood, she gravitated towards one. The battle colors.

I said "What better colors to show up for your wedding in?!?!?!" Scare him off or make him stand!

"Formal":
    dress.jpg

"Ancient red":
    battle.jpg

She wore the red version. Good girl!! Wha's like us?

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I have worn a kilt a few times, always at weddings,
    Much better crossdressing and wearing a skirt
    man i feel like a woman

Both men and women wear kilts. The design is slightly different but only slightly. And a women's kilt is a kilt not a kilted skirt! And then there are Billie kilts - they're definitely not menswear!

Banned Read only
    Hello from Scotland. Guys wear kilts. Girls wear skirts. OK?

Quote Originally Posted by cindybabe View Post
    I have worn a kilt a few times, always at weddings,
    Much better crossdressing and wearing a skirt
    I agree Cindy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi Moralas View Post
    To me a kilt is a piece of male clothing ,
    And my CD side has no interest.
    Now a tartan inspired , pleated mini skirt is a whole different story
    Lexi you are spot on.

The kilt is definitely a male item of clothing.

I doubt any m2f crossdresser would get excited about slipping a kilt on designed for a man.

Banned Read only
    Susan, I can't see why you got so upset with the replies, your OP was open ended and not specific about answers !
    Sometimes our threads don't go where they're intended, if it's not that important just go with the flow !

If I can add my little story, I was photographing a wedding and the groom, bestman and attendants wore kilts. I was taking a break when two girls crept up behind the groom and best man and pointed their cameras up their kilts, the funniest part was seeing their kilts light up when the flashes went off ! I just hope they weren't CDers because the cameras did the rounds at the reception !!

Hi,'

Then youll have to answer to our Drum majors of our Scottish pipes and drums as to what men or women wear on parade and then youll see what we wear . women do not wear a sporran only women in our bands wear them the men of cause do ,

And both mens and womens wear is much better now than say many years ago.
    and had i joined our Timaru pipes and drums i would be wearing what is issued to our band .

...noeleena...

Kilts are worn in Ireland too particularly in Irish dancing. These are far more skirt like and can be in various colours particularly saffron. I remember being quite jealous of boys who were wearing what looked very like mini skirts when they were dancing. Paired with white socks and dancing shoes and the whole effect was rather feminine.

So if a GG in Scotland wears a kilt, is she considered a crossdresser?

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    Susan,

Speaking as a foreign CDer... .. I can assuredly state that I do not envy you Scots your kilts... nasty rough, woollen, heavy things, in my experience...

But I will envy you Scots your many, many single malts... your spicy haggis... your phenomenal golf courses... your beautiful, wild scenery... and your wild salmon...

That's salmon... you can definitely keep your Salmond with the kilts...

Katey x
    Katey, you just eloquently said exactly what I was going to

There is a Cornish tartan ( going WAY back in history, possibly as far as the 1950s ) and with it comes the Cornish kilt .. it doesn't appeal to me, to much fabric in all the wrong places!
    It's complicated, then again it's simple ... where did I put that skirt?