Thread: I seem to be in semi-dormancy.

Yes, this is really me! shayleetv's Avatar
    In a bedroom community outside Salt Lake City, Utah.

I seem to be in semi-dormancy.

In the last 15 months I have been dressed only four times! This is not due to not wanting to dress but a whole lot of factors.The main factor is that after my sugary that was performed on my wrist put my chronic fatigue all the way back to where I first came down with it. When I get up in the morning it is like my head is in a fog. It's hard to think clearly, thoughts are fragmented and you feel like you just need to get more rest. As my head clears the energy level is low so I don't feel like doing anything. My wife and I would walk every day at least two miles. That kept the weight down to where my Doctor wasn't on my back to loose more weight. Since the operation I have gained thirty pounds. Depressing! There are depressing things that go along with chronic fatigue that can't be cured only managed. But the biggest problem is the lack of energy that comes with the fatigue. They don't call it chronic for nothing. I have a hard time shopping at the grocery store because of all the walking to get the items I need. Ive had to curtail most of my volunteer work.
    One of the times I got dressed, oh it's so much work, my wife forced me to dress because she thought it would help me. I did't have the energy to get dressed and then put on my makeup so she did the makeup for me. She does a great job on herself but then again she doesn't have to do much compared to me. She didn't do enough and when I looked in the mirror she started to apologize because it wasn't very good. Who knows whether I will ever get back to feeling like I did before the operation. [/COLOR]
    Last edited by shayleetv; 09-23-2014 at 12:29 PM.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt

That sounds like hard going Shaylee...

I've know people with chronic fatigue and it is no joke - it can be very variable and quite debilitating... I can completely understand why you would struggle to dress. I think your wife is a dear to think of that for you and probably right to try, but sometimes illnesses can just overwhelm every aspect of who we are or want to be...

I wish there was more one could say to help, other than just to hope and pray that your condition improves over time...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Hi Shaylee, Take Your Time. Sickness does wreak havoc on crossderssing. Seeing weight gain in the mirror is a bummer. Ive hidden all mine. Wish You Well. Hugs Roberta
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That is not fun, and causes much depression, too. The one thing you have going for you, is a wonderful wife, it sounds like. I am 60, alone, starting to stumble mentally, and with memory. No mate, just cats, to help! A wife is something i can only dream of, and dress up as. Hopefully, with good suppliments, food, and wallking, you will be recovering well.

First things first - health - my wife recently fell ill to where she needed a walker after a month and a half all is slowly getting back to normal. Your first priorty is health not weight gain or makeup. GGs don't worry about those things when there in that predicament. I would think to use this to your advantage somehow. Not sure but a silver lining, it's up to you to find. God bless

With the internet, you don't have to rely on "authorities" to tell you how to help yourself. You can find a lot of answers online. I searched on curezone in 2008 and found a biochemist explained that vinegar, acetic acid, is part of the Krebs cycle, or citric acid cycle, and it can cure chronic fatigue. So I tried it, i.e. apple cider vinegar, and the fatigue went away in a couple of hours after having the fatigue for several months, as well as some years earlier. That may or may not help you, depending on what the cause is. For overweight get off the carbs, i.e. sugar, honey etc, flour foods, most grains. Sometimes meds can cause overweight too. Anyway, look around online and you'll likely find helpful info.

I'm also in a situation where I can't dress much. I moved to CA for the nice weather, but I'm having trouble finding an affordable room anywhere. Landlords only want females or college students etc for the cheap rooms. I may be getting transitional housing soon though.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Wow, hang in there, I was there not too long ago. You have wonderful wife that supports you as I do. I've been there more than once, but have come out of it stronger mentally. 13yrs. ago I broke both arms and wrist and had nerve damage in right arm several ops. later and went from size 12 to a 22. Also my job suffered could no longer move arm and hand like before. I quit playing music, sold all but a few guitars. Quit dressing, just existed went to work came home and to went couch a did nothing. I commend you for volunteer work helping others is great. You look great in avatar,I only wish I looked that good. l had many hard times but always come back better for it. Life is a journey enjoy it. luv, GRACE to all

Sorry to here that Shaylee, thank for sharing, I had one of my student, that came in yesterday she said she just found out she has chronic fatigue, and that is why she has missed so much class, she is coming back in today, to see what she can do to get caught up. After reading your post, my approach to this is going to be different. I will give her more time to get caught, give her what ever one on one time she need to help her. Thank you.

Recovering from the effects of operations and especially suffering from chronic fatigue does sap all the enthusiasm out of you.
    I wish you well and take care, as you feel better so the urge to dress will return.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Your weight gain alone would concern me if I were your physician. I would strongly urge you to seek help in addressing the fatigue and weight gain.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Platinum Member
    Hi ShayleeI hope that you soon get back in the groove and start dressing.

I can't imagine not being able to dress everyday.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!