Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CDing Comaraderie

As I go out more I think I would like another sister to go with. If nothing else just for the conversation. Having friends locally would make it easier to make plans and not travel all over. Who knows maybe a local sister knows a great place to shop that you didn't and wouldn't know about unless you went.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post

I get hit on a lot online. But, NEVER HAVE BEEN here on cd.com. Maybe 1 or 2 flirts? And, never had a discussion regarding sex with another cd.comer online or in person!
    I haven't had it happen here. But of the three I have met in person, two of them were looking for that. I suppose that's what you get when you try to make a friend from Craigslist though, even when you clearly spell it out. The other gurl was nice, but she moved out of the area.

I would also like to go out with the gurls .But im not really sure how to make it happen
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

I would love to have some CD/TG friends near me. I wouldn't necessarily want them just to go out dressed up but I would definitely feel more comfortable going out with someone like me. For me, it's more knowing that I'm not the only one out that loves doing it out in public.

If I was unattached I'd likely make some CD friends to go out with, but in my current situation I'm not really sure how my wife would really feel about it, I feel like it might be one of those situations where she'd say it was ok, but wasn't it really for some reason. Maybe if we knew another couple where the guy was a CD and she knew the woman we'd both feel better about it.

I would love to go out with another CD.
    Problem is when I was able to go out off it was almost always during the day when most other people are working , and now my opportunity to go out are so rare. It's not really fair for me to try to make plans with someone. But a day out shopping or even just grabbing coffee and doing for a walk In the park with another cd would be a dream. I have meet other CDs on the few occasions I had been able to go to a CD Night club. But interaction was limited to basic pleasantlys

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    Many posts make it clear that the vast majority here would like to have other CDing friends to go out with/shop/hang around with etc........And of course quite a few here know AND go out with other Forum members........
    It's the 'etc' that got me into the HELL I'm in now.
    *My updated 'About Me' explains it all.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I met a bunch of gals from here in person, and some I chat with on a daily basis and others I have late night text wars, or video chats...never has sex been mentioned or an issue. I think there is a different breed of girl here. Which is a good thing. It keeps the creepy closet queen craigslist crawlers where they belong...on craigslist. I also made alot MORE CD friends just being out in public, THEY are a totally different breed than even on here...there is alot less paranoia, no closets,or excuses, more acceptance and lots of fun. Those gals are on such a different level, they are not even on here but are fully out in public and in social media, come to think of it...most of my friends I met personally from cd.com are the same way...they only pop on from time to time. As far as going out in groups...I LOVE it....sure we get read...but so what. I guess ya gotta go with the right group that just dosent care and has confidence.This is supposed to be fun and bring enjoyment in your life...not worries, stress,guilt, and paranoia.
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 09-29-2014 at 11:44 AM. Reason: FUN

Genetically Fabulous Robyne Rocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    This is supposed to be fun and bring enjoyment in your life...not worries, stress,guilt, and paranoia.
    Thank you! That's what I always say!

I'd love to meet people who live in my town that crossdress and are also into computer gaming or astronomy or other crafts I can do, I just don't think there are any in this West Texas town - at least that I've ever seen. I can be sociable

I've kept my eyes open but this is a right wing fundy town, I've simply never even seen a hint of someone who might crossdress in this burg.

~Melissa
    ~Linebacker Melissa

Jodi,
    If there is a larger group, there is always strength in numbers.
    This way you are not as likely to be singled out because with a group there is a blur of senses and lack of concentration from onlookers.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I would have never made my first public trip dressed if not for the guidance and support of a forum sister who facilitated not only the outing, but a safe place to get dressed. It was also my first opportunity to meet other crossdressers.

Julie,
    That Forum member sounds like a great person. Love & Best Wishes !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Hi, I am still very new to this and been reading a lot. What it seems to me is that even though I enjoy CDing I would have to be very comfortable going out and all that. My fear is not about getting outed but instead my body figure would suit the right clothing I would wear. I always fantasied about going out in flats, jeans and a hoody at night to cover my face. I am sure with make up i would look a lot different but I never got as far as putting on make up yet. I believe I am still small dressing up phase. 1 problem is my wife is afraid of our kids seeing me and than start talking about it in public and bringing unwanted attention to us. But some day I would like to be able to dress up and go out with a fellow CDer and go shopping it coffee

I would only go out with another CDer after carefully getting to know her in here, via pm or email. I wouldnt just go out with just any "Forumite" as you put it.
    I keep my friends close and my CDing girlfriends even closer.

Love,
    Lexi V.

Genetically Fabulous Robyne Rocks's Avatar
    Melissa, we live in the DFW area of TX. I have spent some time in West TX & I imagine it'd be very hard to be openly CD or any sort of LGBT there. I once knew a lesbian who grew up in Midland/Odessa, & her reports of discrimination & bigotry weren't too pretty. But in such a town, there are probably more CDers than you realize, because they've likely learned to hide it very well.

I do wish we had some CD friends to hang out with. I'm sure they're out there, but how do you find them?

Hello my name is Jean Ann
    I am from the lower panhandle area

Quote Originally Posted by Robyne Rocks View Post
    Melissa, we live in the DFW area of TX. I have spent some time in West TX & I imagine it'd be very hard to be openly CD or any sort of LGBT there. I once knew a lesbian who grew up in Midland/Odessa, & her reports of discrimination & bigotry weren't too pretty. But in such a town, there are probably more CDers than you realize, because they've likely learned to hide it very well.

I do wish we had some CD friends to hang out with. I'm sure they're out there, but how do you find them?
    San Angelo, here. Yes, it's not the friendliest place for CDs, LGBT, etc. They do see more of it here with the military base nearby than Midland/Odessa does, but they turn a blind eye because of the military now that it's no longer a "discharge offense" to be gay in the military (although I'll wager that Crossdressing will still pick up a crash landing).

Feels kinda lonely sometimes out here, but then again we don't have a lot of crime and we don't have much traffic to speak of. There are bonuses to living in small towns.

~Melissa
    ~Linebacker Melissa

I have gone out by myself and also with other crossdressers, I am really lucky as Portland Oregon where I live has a really active t-girl group, almost 300 members of which 30 or so go out regular, couple times a week.
    That being said the more in the group the more attention you will get so a lot depends on where you are going, to a club not a big deal, going shopping better off not going in a big group. Most females shop by themselves or with 1 or at most 2 other woman, more than that would draw attention.
    Now I may get beaten up for this but when going out there does need to be some thought about who you go out with and I am not talking about how well you look or pass. I have one good friend who is into the fetish side of crossdressing, she always dresses over the top, very sexy or in costumes (maid outfit). I would not go to the mall with her of course I don’t think she has ever gone anyplace other than a fetish club.
    There are also many tg events around the country ranging from the beginner (first time out like Esprit http://www.espritconf.com/ ) to ones that are very main stream like Diva Las Vegas http://www.geekbabe.com/dlv/ . these are great ways to meet others in person in a safe environment.
    Susan Miller
    Be happy with yourself first.
    Susan wordpress