Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Isha is going to work today (well sort of)

Hi Isha
    Good luck with the meeting. You look lovelly in that dress. I love the colors
    Hugs adelaide

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    You will be the hit of the meeting, in every way possible. So proud of you girl.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Isha,
    Good for you!
    Please keep us posted as to how it went. I'm cheering for you although it is difficult to do cartwheels and backflips in 9 inch heels.

Love,
    Lexi V.

Banned Read only
    Isha,
    I'm so proud of you taking on the responsibilty of putting the case for our spectrum of TG/CDers ! The military have realised that's in their interest to accomodate the personal preferences of their personell ! These days they can't ignore it because they risk passing up valid members of their forces when they compete in the job market !

I would have fought for my country no matter what I wore and who I was shoulder to shoulder with !

Your dress is really stunning but I hope they don't expect you to wear it as a replacement for your combats when they're worn out !

Please let us know the out come of your meeting.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Isha what cool opportunity how great for you I wish you well and I'm sure you will be great.
    Hugs Leigh

Isha,
    You look great. It's great they are open to your opinion.
    After Action report please.
    Hugs
    Char

Hi Isha. You are quite the trailblazer! I spent 25 years in the US military and can't imagine doing what you are doing. I really admire your conviction and courage.

yeh isha, so proud of you and wishing you the best!
    love the dress and you look awesome!
    paula

Wow! You are truly a hero, Isha! Keep us updated.

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    I'm only going to echo the chorus of 'wows'... What a mix of courage and conviction.
    Call me Donna, please

Go for it Isha. It is great that the military is taking this approach. It would never have happened in my day.

There is a case in the Australian Army of a Major coming out. Her name is Kate McCloud. She now works fully enfemme within the Defence Force.

The ABC TV (Australia) did a program on her coming out recently. You may find it on the net.

Great news for you. when I was in the military, 1969-1994, even a whisper of any such activity brought out the witch hunters and dishonorable discharges. But, times are finally changing, thank God. Enjoy your opportunity! Oh yes, the outfit is smashing. Lydia

Good luck Isha - I hope your day went well...?

And I'd be interested to hear how entry went via the guard post with your ID card... surely a double take or three...?

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gone to live my life
    Hi all,

The meeting went really well! I have been brought on to the writing board as a "subject matter expert" of sorts to bring a different perspective to the process. I guess when the original policy was written it was patched together last minute when the military first accepted TG/TS and as such it was written to direct supervisors on accommodation during transition. However, they have come to realize that TG is far more complex concept and that the policy is out of date. So I will begin working in conjunction with the desk officer and the board to make the policy more inclusive and this includes those who are TG but will not transition but still wish to present female some of the time. It is unlikely the uniform policy will change but the concept of presenting as the desired gender when civilian clothing is authorized is a distinct possibility. Not saying things will change over night as policy documents can take up to a year to pass final signature but at least the ball is moving down the court and I have the distinct pleasure of helping . . . very psyched and very happy to help pave the way for others. I also have permission to attend any working groups as Isha should I wish to.

Being in a military building "en femme" was shall we say was . . . interesting. The building in question was administrative in nature but it houses a lot of people I know whom I ran into and interacted with during the day. One female friend literally ran into me coming out the elevator (she knows about Isha but has never met her). I said "hi" and it took her a second to register recognition and then she hugged me and said "I never would have guessed it was you if I just passed you on the street" . . . I guess a bit of validation of sorts. I ran into a few males I know who also know about Isha and both conversations were a bit awkward but after a few minutes they warmed up and we just talked like we always have.

Needless to say it was a great day and I am still feeling the high of the excitement of being out at work (well sort of at work).

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaYVR View Post
    Isha, I must say I was not aware that there were differences between male and female uniforms anymore, I thought it had all gone unisex.
    Hi Angela,

There is still a difference in the dress uniforms but the combats are unisex.

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    . . . And I'd be interested to hear how entry went via the guard post with your ID card... surely a double take or three...?
    Hi Katey,

Well it was a bit of an experiment as the routine to gain access is you hand over you military ID and your civilian driver's licence. The military ID is verified and the licence is kept until you return the building pass. When I first handed in the ID the guard looked at me, then the ID . . . looked puzzled . . . looked at me again then back to the ID. I then said "Trust me that is me". He shrugged his shoulders looked again and sail "Well I'll be . . . it is you" then handed me the pass and said "Have a good day ma'am".

Hugs all,

Isha

Isha, you have me smiling ear to ear and laughing ot loud with happiness. Good for you, sis! Good for all of us.
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

Isha,

I've followed your posts since the beginning. I think I speak for most of us in saying how proud we are of you.

Please keep it up.

Dani

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    wow!
    I don't really have more to add than that ... just WOW!
    and a "you go girl!" :-)
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

I can echo what everyone else has said. We are all very proud of you. Huge thanks ang hugs all around.
    We cannot change the direction of the wind, but we can adjust the sails.

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    You're a inspiration to us all Isha...
    Call me Donna, please

Wow! Wow! That's courage!

Now you're an SME you should be angling for another rung up that greasy pole...

Or is it just the case that your bigger gratification will be able to swish and dazzle when others are a little more drab...?

I am sure you'll do a great job for all your TG service members...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only
    I'm not Canadian, but...

Thank You!

Isha dear,

You have indeed raised the bar and set an example for everyone. Would that other employers and organizations would be so enlightened ... and be so fortunate to have someone like you. As are we. Thank you so much!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Aspiring Member Dana does shopping's Avatar
    Curious; what aspect of Your Military training would you say better prepared you for this task at hand?