Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Isha is going to work today (well sort of)

Wow what an amazing opportunity! Your actions will impact the lives of others...in a positive way...you go girl!

Curious if you alter your voice at all when out? Does it depend on audience?

Dear Isha,

I've said it before and it looks like I'm just going to have to keep saying it, you are inspirational, totally! And my God! if you're going to make an entrance, that is the dress to wear. Absolutely love it!!
    Really, really hope it goes well for you.

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

Isha - leading from the front as usual. Many years ago in a country far far away, I had a CO who was a Major in the Canadian Army. Let me tell you he was one of the best officers I have ever met. Just look at the number of replies on this thread - that will tell you how we regard you. Go for it!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

The Mad Scientist
    Well, once you have the Canadian military fixed up, head south...

Isha,
    Back in my service days we would have been tarred and feathered by rednecks that did not understand.
    There was an underground of course and I survived that brilliantly by being off base all the time.

Of course there were understanding people but the "law" was different.

Yes I will wish you all the luck you would want to wish yourself.
    Walk proud and let your personality shine through.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Isha, you are wonder woman! Such a brave thing to do, but it must have felt great getting a "have a nice day mam" by the guard at the gate.
    I guess they where serious if they put you on the team, congratulations. And thank you for your service to both Canada, and to our community.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Thank you Isha,
    You're a courageous lady, youre not only doing it for the Canadians , you're doing it for all of us girls,
    Thank you
    Hugs Adelaide

Always Stephanie Now! Stephanie Sometimes's Avatar
    Nice work Isha! I will bet you turned a few heads in that amazing, cute dress. Nothing like making an introduction that nobody can miss, eh? Looking forward to hearing more of your co-workers reactions as time goes on.

I admire your courage and your willingness to stand up for your TG rights and therefore all our TG rights even if we are miles away in another country. It’s really pretty awesome what you did.

Thanks Sister and hugs,
    Stephanie
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller (The Open Door)

"I give her my heart but she wanted my soul...But don't think twice, it's all right" Bob Dylan (1963)

I'm glad you had such a great experience. That was quite brave of you. I don't know if I could do the same in my workplace but your story is bound to inspire others. Thank you.

Wow Isha , I'm speechless , I now know you are a inspiration !

Wow Isha, that's amazing!! Good for you and congratulations!

I also love the dress, it looks great on you.
    Reine

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Congratulations Isha! You've definitely joined the "Torchbearer" ranks and should be proud! You're a great inspirational person! Love the dress and you look good!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Some people in the right place at the right time can't seem to muster the intestinal fortitude to seize the moment. We are all so very impressed with your courage and strength. And that's besides looking terrific at the same time!

They should give you the Medal of Bravery for what you have done! I'm super impressed.

Isha, you are my hero!

Isha, thanks so much for sharing your amazing story from the CD front lines. As is often the case, the US could learn much from Canada!! Keep 'em coming girl!!
    CD? I'm never cross when dressed
    More like HF.. Happy Femulator. Julie's Flickr page
    Amateur/DIY Photos adjusted for exposure and white balance only, except to obscure background All rights reserved.

Isha
    Thank you so much for your efforts on behalf of all transgendered people. I love your openness about Isha. It is so wonderful that you present us in a favorable light. Everyone you come in contact with as Isha must confront the fact here is a wonderful person who happens to be transgender. I applaud your courage and hope that I am doing my part also.
    Love
    Suzanne

Well done and thank you for you service

Isha, I knew that you would make a good impression. It may remain to be seen how much influence you are able to have on the final version of document, but at least you will have had a say in its formation and hopefully steer it in the proper direction. Just as with legislation in parliament or congress sometimes you don't get exactly what you would prefer, but you have the opportunity to have a positive impact.

I am confident that you will be a great ambassador for the TG community. I would only wish that the US military (and civilians) would look at the Canadian policy as a model for modernization.

Hugs, Bria

Awesome! I wish I had an ounce of your courage. As others have said, you are an inspiration to all of us.

Isha,

I am really happy for you that you are able to have the courage to come out and to have opportunities like this to dress. You look really gorgeous in that outfit
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

You rock girl! What an amazing day for you. The Canadian military is very fortunate to have such a capable SME to help rewrite their policy. I think your smile in the original picture says it all. BTW - the dress could be used as cammo if you were in a club with other hot girls. You would blend right in and we would never notice.
    Who do I feel like today?

Gone to live my life
    Hi all,

Thanks very much for all your kind comments and support. I will definitely keep you informed as time proceeds but I see this as a laborious project with lots of push back especially when we begin to tackle the rights of TG/CD to present "en femme" at work and I can't even fathom the bathroom issue.

I really don't see myself as doing anything that brave as the Canadian Military has safeguards in place to protect my job (i.e., they can't fire me on the grounds of being TG). As such the only thing I am risking is some personal embarrassment and I live that each day I go out. Still the sentiment is nice and thanks. I just hope I can do justice to the community and represent well and not get lost in a sea of paperwork during the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana does shopping View Post
    Curious; what aspect of Your Military training would you say better prepared you for this task at hand?
    Hi Dana. I am not sure about that . . . reckless abandon like the first time I threw myself out of a plane (with a parachute that is).

Quote Originally Posted by JuliaM View Post
    . . . Curious if you alter your voice at all when out? Does it depend on audience?
    Hi Julia. When I present "en femme" I use my proximity of a female voice even with friends. It puts some people off but they get accustomed. The interesting thing is the person I met with asked how I wished to be addressed and never batted an eye when I said "Isha".

Quote Originally Posted by Christen View Post
    ... And my God! if you're going to make an entrance, that is the dress to wear. Absolutely love it!!
    Hi Christen. LOL . . . I never thought about that until I got home. I wore the dress because it was such a lovely afternoon. My wife had the same comment as I had dressed after she went to work. She said "well they certainly could not have missed Isha today that is for sure."

Hugs all

Isha

I have to log on more often! I hadn't seen this thread! Good for you Isha! I can't think of a member on this forum that I think could do a better job at what you are taking on!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

I agree with Genny, I can't think of a member on this forum that I think could do a better job at what you are taking on.

Plus, I love that dress! I reminds me of the 60's and Laugh In the TV show! Where did you find that dress?