Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Late Life Purge

Quote Originally Posted by MissTee View Post
    I am in my late fifties and nothing like that has happened. Having said that, I am currently culling my wardrobe. Have too much stuff and need to clear some room for the things that have yet to catch my eye. It has been tough letting stuff go, but with my wife's help I've been motivated by her asking things like, "do you r-e-a-l-l-y need 67 bras?"

Also in this process I am learning to let go of the things that used to be favorites but now are rather dated or worn. I even have a box of things I only tried on but never wore. They looked much better on the shapely 20 year old catalog model than they did me (think bowling pin in a bikini.)

Oh, and I'm donating all the boxes to the battered women's shelter. They are much appreciative of the clothes and they actually get used by people that need them.
    Closing in on 59 yrs old here now and all of this just gets better with time. Now that Jolene has quite a wardrobe there is always some sorting going on. Now something has to have just the right fit and sometimes be a bit unique to come home.
    The fun now is how second nature dressing has become.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Your sad lament COULD be helpful, Dawn. If we had some idea what your "old" means? I have often wondered, as I struggle getting tite foundations and silicone appliances on and off, how long will I be able to keep on keeping on?

However, I'm 71 now. And, for those that wonder? The satisfaction, enjoyment, and sexual excitement of dressing is still intoxicating for me. I think it will be as long as I can look in my mirror and see HER!

(Taken yesterday)

IMG_2786 (543x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Next one for me is Six - Oh! and I still don't feel, look, or act my age. However, I can foresee a time when I will want to clean out the closet because I'm not sure whether I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning. I do worry about shocking and upsetting my children and grandchildren with the post-mortem knowledge that daddy/grandpa was a weirdo.

To Doc Robby Sherry, thanks for the info and the pic! You are my heroine!

As I get older, I've found just the opposite to be true. I have less and less tolerance for male clothing and now spend most of my time en femme. I only wear male clothing on special occasions.

Congrats to all of you senior ladies. I didn't man to hold myself up as a model, but just to say that what goes around, comes around. How old am I? A girl doesn't like to tell her age, but I've been retired for 15 years. Figure it out. At my age anything can happen, and, like Starr, I don't want to startle my adult sons who salvage my closet.

I plan on purging all my stuff when I hopefully achieve the age of 72-74. Provided that is I can still be fairly mobile.

I hit 61 in April, no intention to purge, except to get rid of old and replace with new. It will come back, so before you toss everything out, put it in storage, then you won't be as disappointed, only having to replace what you have already tossed and not all of it.

As a rule, I only purge my old girl things when I need more space for new purchases My girlfriend and I have hosted several CD/TG dinner parties that included a clothing exchange. We all brought the things that we don't wear or perhaps don't fit. It was nice to see things end up in new hands instead of being thrown out.

I am kinda coming to understand the way you are feeling about this Dawn. I used to enjoy looking at my younger self in the mirror feminized by the skintight ladies garments I was in. And I was even bold enough to venture out in them on occasion, and I was always looking for occasions. But now I know I will probably never have the same me looking back in the mirror and photos show I am not impressing anyone when I am in my outfits like before, be it at parties, the pool, dance or yoga classes. I would not want to see another CD trying to carry that look as badly as I do now and it does not titillate me, knowing I'm only fooling myself. There must be a CD version to this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOgd9hitEAE