Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How boring is everything else?

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

How boring is everything else?

I think my xdressing is to the point that practically every other pursuit is just yawnfully boring. Maybe just the everyday stuff needs to have style and boobies. Or, I just don't care about football anymore. If I could be 24/7, would life be better?

Your thoughts?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Maybe you just need a break from CDing. How often do you dress?
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    To me 24/7 would only be fun for a while I like the fact I can be in guy mode and do those things, while it's fun to get dressed and get the right look I think I will just keep the part time in my dressing

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    A break from crossdressing? That's called going to work or, the wife's awake or, gotta mow the front lawn or, mother-in-law is in town.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    Carla, I totally agree, all other past passions and hobbies pale in comparison. I have often thought the 24/7 thing as well, but life has become to complex at this age to do more than just daydream of 24/7.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Banned Read only
    I see you're 58. Been there! Done that! Got up, brushed my teeth, shaved, combed my hair, went to work, came home, watched television, fell into bed. Repeat! Repeat! Cross dressing was a stress reliever. Take a therapy day off from work (sick day), get dolled up, feel good. It sounds like you're into a maleness rut. Cross dressing is your outlet. Instead of cross dressing it could be fishing- anything. I always had to watch out that cross dressing did not become an out of control monster. Balance. Moderation. Easy to say, but.....! Hang in there!

I retired at age 60. My wife still works. I have plenty of en femme time available. I'm not en femme all the time. I can satisfy my desires anytime I want. I have found other things to do, some old, some new. Sometimes it's necessary to force yourself to do something, whether it is new or old. Frankly, you sound as if you're into a bout of depression.

For me crossdressing is fun if not done for a while, but becomes boring after a few days so then its time do to another hobby.
    Talisker because i like the taste and dont need another name or personality but needed some letters (numbers arent allowed on here). Found out later its a rare mans name on a small scottish island.

Sexually attracted to things with human female characteristics - Talisker, GGs, CDs, cheetara etc.
    Male things can be useful a CD accessory and for drinks or currys, directions and lifting stuff.

Madilyn and Carla, I think we are all on the same wavelength on this one....Although, not ready to give up football yet!!

Banned Read only
    Carla, Being able to combine Cding with other activities makes them both more interesting ! I'm taken with the idea of mowing the lawn dressed, it takes about two hours ! Painting dressed is very inspirational !

The only activity that may push dressing into second place is skiing ! The only thing going through your mind at the top mountain is how the **** are you going to get down again ???

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Carla, I try to blend a little bit into everyday and the "urge" has gone away and I realize it is just part of who I am. Not sure if your life situation will allow, but maybe a new gender neutral hairstyle, dump the man underwear and switch to panties, pierced ears? Can things like that be incorporated into everyday to allow you to feel a little girly even when you have to be a man.
    Erica

Carla,
    I hate to say it but there is life other than dressing.
    I do get a kick out of it and dress at home 24/7 and often go out.
    When on holidays I appear dressed more often than not.
    You do have to have style and boobies otherwise you are not playing the game in my opinion.
    I do not deride those that only half dress, that is their choice but it is not for me.

Never worried about football but cars are my forte.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    I'm 61, retired, and spend almost 24/7 dressed except when I have to go out for an errand or whatever reason. While I like to feel all girly wearing a dress as if I were going to work in an office or as a bank teller, I dress leisurly as most women might in the course of the day. Once in awhile I'll get all dolled up for the fun of it. Otherwise I'll wear a wig and earrings with a nice top and slacks or tights. Add loafers or sandals. It has become mostly second nature for me and I don't have that thrill of being secretly dressed like I used to. I go about my business doing some housework and one hobby. I do take off my wig to mow the lawn even if the neighbors are not around. Sometimes a wig can be uncomfortable after long period of time and I'd like to someday just grow out my hair.

The point I'm trying to make is that while it's truly great to get dressed and less stressed, it does become second nature as it would for most women. Clothing is not such an important thing and shouldn't interfere with anything else in our lives. There are many women who dress like guys and just go about their business. I can forget I'm dressed and find other things not so boring.

Cheryl

I think our individual perception kind of makes or breaks how we look at things.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Yes, everything needs to have style and boobies help with that. That means we need humanitarianism, which is how that can happen. Do you want to crossdress for good causes? I do, but don't know how yet exactly.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Sorry Carla, I completely misread your opening post. For me, I'm lucky that I love music more than CDing. I get a lot of pleasure from getting together with musician friends to jam and/or sing. Although it's also fun getting together with other crossdressers, playing an instrument takes me to a higher level spiritually, physically, mentally and emotionally. What activity do you love besides CDing?
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

One of my favorite activities is watching football while dressed.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    A break from crossdressing? That's called going to work or, the wife's awake or, gotta mow the front lawn or, mother-in-law is in town.
    Carla, you are such a hoot.
    Who do I feel like today?

Quote Originally Posted by Dani0948 View Post
    One of my favorite activities is watching football while dressed.
    Good Idea....if I could only make it happen, lol

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    I'm often dressed while gaming. Combining activities can help balance things out. Maid dress when house cleaning. Sports bra and short on the treadmill.

I agree with Cheryl Ann, Dressing to me has become 2nd nature though I do believe that as a gal I don't have to wear a bra all the time or be made up, wear a dress. Being a gal is more a state of mind for me than it was before. A long time ago I coldn't wait to put on some hose or bra and the excitment of it, the worry of being caught and all the other things that went on back then, have gone by as age took the place and maturity stood it's ground. Also I just got old LOL! The mind is willing but the body doesn't lok so good anymore LOL! That doesn't mean I am anyless of who I am inside that girl I'll never be is alive and kicking more than ever. Now if I can just remember where I put my glases I'll be okay!! More senior moments to come!!

Sports on TV is about the absolute MOST BORING thing I can possibly think of. I could care less about ANY sports. My life does not revolve around who lost, who homered, ETC., Etc. Life is waaaay too short to waste it sitting in front of the tube. Get off your azz and go do something constructive.
    Jon

I have just posted in the picture gallery Stephanie about this very same thing. The only thing about 24/7 is the amount of time I would take every day to get ready to do stuff. Man is easy but woman is such a faff and although I would love to be one full time, I do pity the time it takes them to get ready

Carla, yes I do agree, except for football, never did care about it much, my wife watches it more, than I do. Live would be better if I could be me more.

"Style and Boobies" ...Great name for a CD clothing store. I'd get a trademark on that if I were you! x

To me, dressing en femme is not an activity. It's what I do to get ready for various activities. Don't get me wrong. I love wearing female clothing. I vastly prefer female clothing to male clothing. But in the end, it really is just clothing, not an end in itself.