Thread: HRT and hair (on head).

HRT and hair (on head).

Goooooooood afternoon! I was just wondering about what effect HRT is going to have on the hair on my head. I've done research but I figured I would ask. I'm a bit worried because I have a slight widows peak. I heard that there could be a bit of regrowth that sort of fills in the blank spots lol.

Also if you have any tips on growing your hair out. I never grew my hair out when I was wearing my man costume. Is there a certain way I should get it cut? Are there products that will quicken the feminization of it?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 09-28-2014 at 12:56 PM. Reason: There are FtM as well as MtF members here
    Scouts Out

It depends if the follicles are dead or not. If they are alive, but the hairs are too weak to pierce through the scalp, they will get stronger and become strong hair again. I have regained hair mainly on top, the hairline, not so much.

That is a big ymmv result. I can say that any loss for me has stopped and I'm starting to get more regrowth but it takes a LONG time.

It's a crap shoot. Don't expect much. Be thankful if you do get results. I didn't. I plan on looking into transplants.

As far as how to cut it, grow it out and then talk to a hairdresser, she can help find what can work for you.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Your results depend partly on your age and original genetic and hormonal make-up.

My brother and father hated me because they were both bald to the back of their heads by the time I was 30. I had a high hairline but still had most of my hair even into my 50s. On the other hand, I would not go out in public without a wig today, because my natural hairline is not going to pass. I purchased some really good wigs of more expensive sythetic hair at a shop where the owner knew how to match color and gave me a good fit. Spending over $200 for a good wig may seem like a lot of money if you're used to $30 wigs, but when you wear it all day every day and only take it off to wash it once or twice a week and to sleep, the extra few dollars is well worth the money. My wigs have a larger cap. My favorite is a Raquel Welch that lets most of my natural hair blend down from the the wig, it's hard to tell where wig stops and my hair starts.

When growing it, I would keep it in a pony tail or bun at night, which gave me nice waves in the morning. As it got longer, it just naturally waved and curled. I'm lucky that way - girls used to be jealous of my waves and accused me of getting a perm.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success