Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The door bell rings - again, and again

Aspiring Member

The door bell rings - again, and again

Hi Folks

Leading on from the ‘fire alarm’ thread I had a similar thought.

You are a closeted crossdresser like me and the SO is out so you have the house to yourself. The lights are on and your car is parked outside.

You are all dressed up to the nines and enjoying a pleasant evening en femme when the door bell rings, again, and again and they won’t go away. I sneaky look through a curtain and you see a neighbour, mate etc determined to see you.

It’s a fear of mine. What do you do?

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Well where I normally sit at my desk is in clear view of the back door
    where everyone would come knocking. So at that point they would have already seen me.

Might as well just go to the door.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I would just not answer the door. If that means skipping the evening/night of fun.. then so be it. In my case, my direct neighbours don't know about Tassia.. so unless it's a fire threat or anything like that.. I'm not showing myself.

If I run into them later that day or week.. I'll go for plausible deniability. I tell them that I was in a hurry going out.. and left the light on. And that I was picked up by a friend.. so that's why my car was still there.

Btw, I live in an apartment building, with 4 apartments on each floor.. so most likely it's one of the other three families who would directly ring my front doorbell. All other people will first have to pass the main entrance on the ground floor. So I will just not answer the intercom..
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

if they ask, you had a long stressful day, had a couple of drinks and fell asleep in front of the TV and nothing short of an earthquake was going to wake you up.

Banned Read only
    I have answered the door! Of course, to be fair, I looked to see if it was someone I knew. If a delivery guy or the like, answer the door. Who cares.

Generally I do what natcrys does and hide away. I have answered the door when it seemed urgent and I had minimal makeup by putting on a dressing gown, removing my wig and wiping my face with a cleansing tissue on my way to the door. The most amusing/nerve-racking incident was when the window cleaner arrived and began work without knocking. When I noticed his presence when his wash leather landed on the window of the room I was in. I spent a frantic 10 minutes scuttling from room to room shedding feminine clothing and trying to find male clothes.
    Ali Cats Creameries

Home is where the cream is.
    I was born into a life of cream.
    Cream is Forever.

Banned Read only
    Unless you smell smoke, i.e., your house is on fire, don't answer the door! I'm a retiree with a working wife. My routine in the morning is to make her breakfast while she showers and gets dressed. Basically, I look like I just fell out of bed, which is the truth. Since she does not drive I take her to work. When I get home, it's Stephanie time. When the doorbell rings like it did this past week, I just ignore it. If I need an excuse I always say I was taking a bath, which entails reading a book and sipping a cup of coffee. In case the person is intent on messing up your day with a call, I also screen my calls during the day. I don't need a neighbor trying to get my attention by calling from the front door.

Banned Read only
    Alicia it's easier to clean your own windows then you can wear what you like !

Vicky I use to have customers call at my home and not all would make appointments ! I had an important lady client who worked for a large company and I had a sundress zip stuck when she rang the doorbell ! The lumps and bumps under my drab clothes must have been pretty obvious but at least I didn't lose their work ! She was a very attractive lady and always winked with a smile after that day ! Maybe she liked the style of the sundress if she read the shape !!

I do not feel compelled to answer the door if I did not invite the visitors to call on me (same for unsolicited phone calls from strangers)

It depends on the neighbor & the situation. Generally my neighbors don't do that except one & we are thinking of telling her. So I think I would answer. If they don't like it, they'll not come back which I'm OK with.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Up until recently I'd call through an upstairs window "I'm on the phone". If it was a delivery they'd leave the package and go on their way, others would simply leave perhaps coming back another time. Now Id be quite ok with someone calling. 99% it wouldn't be someone from next door as to date they've never knocked in the past. Daily I present well and am getting in the routine of makeup and hair in the morning before starting work.

Aspiring Member
    Happened to me, people I know. I called out from behind the door: "I'm just starting a shower. Can you come back in fifteen?" Worked ok.

Ineke

As long as the place is locked up go and lie down.
    They soon tire of it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I guess it would be good for shock value if nothing else. Go for it!
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I wouldn't let the doorbell ring again and again. I'd answer it right away. But I'm not exactly in the closet.

If it is dark out i rarely turn my lights on not only does it keep my bill,s down people do not think im home .If it is light out i just do not answer the door and if they question it i say i was in the shower sleeping or was out for a walk .Usually works
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Unless you're living your life as a television sitcom or reside in a town of 500 inhabitants or less where everyone knows everyone else's business, your door is likely locked most of the time and people are not randomly walking in on you unannounced as the mood strikes them.

If your door is locked, you have nothing to worry about, and can just wait them out until they tire of knocking on your door or ringing your doorbell and move on.

I think Ann Landers said it best when responding to readers' letters like yours when the writers said they felt guilty about not answering their door every time someone appeared at it. Basically, her philosophy was "If you're uninvited or unexpected, then you're not welcome...

I am a bit braver now. I think I would have the nerve to answer. Maybe.
    But it happened to me a few years ago. Loud knock. I ignored. Repeat. I peeked out the window and it was a police officer. Changed quickly and come out the door as he was talking to my neighbor on the left. Said I was in the bathroom. I was nervous. He was looking for the female roommate of my male neighbor. I don't know for sure--but I suspect she was a recent parolee. Probably moved without permission. I had not seen her in months.

Careful I bite <3
    I'd probably not answer personally. I do leave the lights on, I shower at odd hours etc etc.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    just don't answer the door, tell them you had head phones on and didn't hear the bell, when he asks. there is no law that you have to answer the door bell. i would just answer the door, i don't give a **** what others think anyway.
    Last edited by Majella St Gerard; 09-28-2014 at 10:55 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just don't answer it. Keep the blinds closed unless you are wanting to get seen.

They can knock until their knuckles hurt...door isn't opening

thankfully i do not have some of the problems that you all have. i live in an apartment the only one that would show up is the maint. guy. (when he does show) other than that i have my neighbor next door and i would be ok if she saw me dressed as she is gay, but she doesn't bother me either as she is wrapped up in her own world.

amy

Reality Check
    I look to see who it is. Then I'll either ignore them or do a quick change back to male mode. Of course you can't do a quick change if you have a bunch of makeup to remove.

Why didn't you answer the door (in case they ask later)?

I was in the shower/bathtub.
    I was on the toilet.
    I was sleeping.
    I was in the garage working on something.
    I was in the (fenced) backyard and didn't hear the doorbell.

My wife and I always peek through the blinds to see who's there. If it's obviously somebody selling something, soliciting donations or votes, or spreading "the good news" we don't answer.

If it's someone you know, there's nothing wrong with saying "I can't come to the door right now. Come back another time, please. Call first."

It's my home, my door, my doorbell, and my choice to answer it or not. I'm sure that my need to remain in the closet outweighs whatever's on the other side of the door.
    Exception: Publisher's Clearinghouse van in the driveway. People on the porch holding a gigantic check. I'll answer that one. haha
    Last edited by NicoleScott; 09-29-2014 at 08:28 AM.