Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The door bell rings - again, and again

Happened today.
    Just finished face about to apply lipstick, ding dong.
    Contractor to repair sprinkler. Changed to drab but to late to do
    the face. At least I have done a fair job this time. HaHa.
    He never said anything if he noticed and don't see how he couldn't . Finished, showed me, took check, and
    pleasent good bye.
    The world didn't end. Then drove 3 hours in femme. Other older neighbor sees me arrive,
    smiles and I smile back.
    All and all, great day.
    I am smiling.
    Char

Had a gaggle of Jehova's witnesses at the door one day so I decided to open the door. The looks on their faces were priceless! Haven't seen them again!
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

I wouldn't answer. No law that says I have to, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineke Vashon View Post
    Happened to me, people I know. I called out from behind the door: "I'm just starting a shower. Can you come back in fifteen?" Worked ok.

Ineke
    That's exactly how I'd handle it. Or just not answer, because at the end of the day they don't really KNOW I'm home unless they've seen me. How do they know I haven't just left the lights on? We have two cars, so maybe I'm off in the other one.
    I'm a girl when I feel like it

Banned Read only
    Ambigendrous,
    I must try that one the next time they call !
    I wonder if their calls will increase or tail off ???

In my crime-riddled country everyone lives behind walls and fences. Very few people actually have a working bell at the gate, otherwise beggars will bug you all day. You do a missed call on the persons' mobile phone when you arrive at the gate. There's no such thing as arriving at someone's door unannounced.

One more step... outside! Francine's Avatar

..quick-change-clothes-artist

Become a 'quick change clothes artist! I know.. I've been there, done that!
    Francine
    "Flatter me, and I may not believe you.
    Critisize me and I may not like you.
    Ignore me and I may not forgive you.
    Encourage me ... and I will never forget you!"

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    This actually happened to me about five years ago. It was winter time and I wasn't working that day but my wife was off to work and I got dressed. I am terrible at doing my makekup because I dont get a lot of chances to work on it but I had spent about two hours doing that and experimenting and had a look I could live with for the day.

It was then about 11 in the morning and I was planning on spending the whole day dressed and just doing little things around the house. The door bell rang and while it shook me up I just ignored it, I was in my home office and just kept on doing what I was doing. Then the door beel again and in a couple of minutes it went again, then in a few minutes there was a pounding on the door. Finallly deciding I couldn't just keep ignoring it I rushed to the bathroom stripped of my girl things and used some makeup remover wipes to get the makeup off my face. In the meantime the pounding on the door has happened again.

Pulling on some jeans and sweatshirt and finally make it to the door. I look out to see who it is and it's some stranger. I open the door to see what he wants and has a delivery for someone else. Turns out they had the address numbers turned around on the delivery slip but the person had promised to home to take delivery and the guy said he couldn't leave until he made delivery. I guess he would have kept on pounding on the door until someone answered.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

One morning my door bell kept ringing, and I kept ignoring it until the person finally went away. I then looked outside and saw a limb from one of my trees had come down and clipped a part of the neighbors (not a good neighbor) front porch.

I quickly changed and went out to assess the damage.
    DonnaT

Who says you HAVE to open the door to an unexpected visitor or anyone for that matter? If I don't know you or I am not expecting you, then ring that doorbell all you want. They'll eventually go away OR I call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Majella St Gerard View Post
    just don't answer the door, tell them you had head phones on and didn't hear the bell, when he asks. there is no law that you have to answer the door bell. i would just answer the door, i don't give a **** what others think anyway.
    ^this. Unless the police are yelling, of course, then you pretty much have to open it or they'll break it down. my neighbors see me wearing headphones pretty much all the time, so they know I might not hear the doorbell. I even have a card by the door saying as such, that they should call me on the phone if they really want me to answer (I have one of those light things that go off when the phone rings, got the idea from a deaf friend years ago).
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    Just keep in mind that NOT answering the door could cost one a heap of money. At the very least, one should be able to look and see who's there. 3 or 4 hundred dollars or more will buy a lot of CDing "items".

I usually never answer the door and hide from the windows. Sometimes I wish I was en femme when the Jehova witnesses come around. I'm sure they would never knock on the door again!

Aspiring Member
    Hi Folks

Thanks for all your helpful replies. There is no way I can risk being 'outed' locally, too much at stake, so some of the excuses will be handy.

Thanks.

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia