Thread: Halloween....of sadness

Halloween....of sadness

So another Halloween is approaching yet again and yet again I'm over here just sulking. For many, many years now I've been wishing to go out dressed. There just never has been an opportunity. This year is probably my best opportunity. But I have no materials to be able to pull this off and it's a little late honestly I think. My main issue this year is that I'm back living at home, I just lost my job, and well I'm still living at home. I love my little quaint town, but the problem is being a crossdresser is that there are too many people who know you or know people who know you. Getting spotted would be horrendous for me. Also I have no friends who know that could help me in this, because I've never even been fully dressed before. Sure I could go as a gag and look terrible dressed as a guy in a girl's outfit but that's not what I want. So I guess here is to another Halloween just wishing...*le sigh*

Ashley,
    Start practicing by introducing yourself to the world.
    By Halloween youwill have gained allthe confidence you need to go out.
    Suggest to someone that you would like to try going out as a cross dresser this yeaar.
    You may be surprised at their reaction.
    You do have to overcome that fear.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I think you are overly worried about being spotted. I've come to realize that my own parents wouldn't recognize me if we bumped right into each other. You should definitely go out on Halloween... and any other night that you fancy.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Ashley,

Is there a city a little further away where you might be able to steal a bit of Ashley time to practice? I realize your employment situation is not the best at the moment but you could rent a cheaper hotel room and just spend some time practicing your presentation. Have you looked into a local TG group you might be able to hook-up with?

Hugs

Isha

Get a tablet and divide it down the middle. On one side list perceived advantages, on the other perceived disadvantages. Start working on your perceived disadvantages to make them work for you. This is how I started out changing my life. We all start somewhere Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hi Ashley, Isha is right, there are "meetup" groups for all sorts of people, all over the country. Search on line and see what you can find, I'll bet there is a crossdresser of transgender group near you. These are filled with people that will be supportive for you. You can't learn to swim by thinking about it, you have to jump in the pool. Good luck. Steph.
    Stephanie

Banned Read only
    Ashley, dressing as a woman for a "costume" is the biggest cross dresser give away ever. "Women" are not costumes. Be glad you don't make this "costume" mistake.

Now, you don't need halloween to go out. Find an LGBT support center near you. Yes, they exist in West Virginia or in some other near by state depending on where you are. You can go out.
    Last edited by Jenniferathome; 09-29-2014 at 04:28 PM.

Banned Read only
    I HAVE attended probably 20 or so Halloween events "dressed". I have yet to attend one where alcohol was not served. The vast majority of attendees at these events drink... meaning they care even less about who is dressing as what or why. They go to have a good time, NOT TO BUST CDers or keep track of who is wearing what.

Find a way to go.

OR spend another year kicking yourself.

It's totally your call.

Ashley, there will be a day in the future that you will regret not doing it. Don't you have a female friend that you can partner with so that you can get out. My first time dressed at work for Halloween, I had the girls at the job dress me as the old office manager. Plausible deniability (they came up with the idea, talked me into it and did my make-up, my wife "lent" me the clothes) and we had fun with it.
    After the fact I did tell two of the girls that I do CD, one is cool with it and we've had a couple of outings with her and her mom in law and one with her whole family.