Thread: A bad time maybe outed

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere

A bad time maybe outed

I have been wavering over posting this, in fact I have started a post about five times in the last four days and then not gone thorugh with it. I don't want to sound whiny or needy even though I guess maybe I am.

The last time I was away in Colorado working one evening while I was in a dress and my makeup done and everything I got a ping on my cell phone about a missed call. Since I don't have enough signal up on the mountain to return a call I was going to have to drive down a ways, never can tell how far, so I could get signal and return the call. It was the first time I had ever gone further than just out the door dressed. As it turned out by the time I got to where I had a signal the low fuel light came on in my truck so I waited until no one was at the pumps at the convenience store in town and went in to get some gas. I had no sooner started getting gas than these two drunk guys came in. Long story short some word were exchanged some things were thrown and I left in a hurry. I did turn around to go back after about five miles because I was really pissed and must confess a bit out of control. The cops were there and the guys in handcuffs so I didn't stop.

A week ago last Wednesday I got a disturbing phone call. It was from the police in Colorado about Well the police wanted to interview me about what had happened. There was video tape from the store and they had my name somehow so I didn't feel like I had a choice, and I couldn't deny it. I was really nervous about this, but I went to see them on Friday. To their credit the officer and the ADA were very pleasant during the whole time and never said or did anything to make me feel uneasy. The clerk at the store had called the police when the shouting started was why they happened to there. I was told after I left the clerk told the guys to behave and the got nasty with her too. They asked me a lot of questions about what had happened but not one thing about why I was wearing a dress. The ADA told me that I might have to come to testify in court in which case I could be asked about how I was dressed. He also told me he didn't think it would go to court which was a bit of relief but then the doubt and worry lingered.

Well I went back the cabin and I did get dressed, I couldn't help doing that even while i was upset and nervous it made me feel better which was weird. I stayed dressed all weekend. I did some pics of the mountains and things I could share if anyone is interested. I'm not comfortable showing my face dressed so can't really post pics of me dressed.

To my relief I got a call from the ADA on Tuesday (and yes I had to go down the mountain and return his call but I didn't go dressed) and he told me that the guys had done a plea bargain so that I wouldn't have to be in court. He also told me that they hadn't had to share my personal information with the guys attorney because they made their case on what the clerk had told them and the video tape which didn't show my face.

As this was such good news I decided to go on and do some shopping and treat myself to something nice. I went several places and didn't find anything I liked, then I found a dress that I fell in love with and got. At JC Penny I found some infinti scarves and for reason just had to have them and ended up buying three. Then alas as my luck goes I was carrying the scarves and had been looking at panties when, belive it or not, 200 miles from home I run into someone I know.

They guy says to me those won't fit you, I'm not sure what he thought was in my had but I said no they are not for me. We chatted a bit and I went on. Now I'm worried about what he will say to people at home because he is the type who would spread rumors.

So now I am back home but I haven't been out anywhere since I got home. Not sure if he is back or not and not sure if he would have said anything. I guess my dressing has finally created the problems for me I always knew it would.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Deal with it as it come, like with the police, you handle it, and if something is said about the panties you will handle it. It did not stop you from dressing, and it shouldn't. You have not done anything wrong. Thank for the post, it does remind us, that these thing can and do come up.

Sarah,
    If you are sprung in a friendly way by someone who knows you it is unlikely they have made the connection.
    Good about the other problem though, it is a relief for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm wondering how much more difficult your life would have been had you not worried about the call on your cell phone. We get conditioned to answer the phone when in fact we really don't have to. That like everything else in life is a personal choice.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    Absolutely nothing will come of this. Your acquaintance won't even remember the bag. What could he possibly say anyway? That he saw you with some scarves? Not too compelling a rumor. Don't sweat i

There is nothing anyone can say that would cause you any real harm (saw you sopping in the ladies at JCP is not the same as seeming you modeling lingerie)

Myself I would be mortified so I understand how you feel. There are two cards which I can see you playing. The easy card is remember the lie. If anyone were to ask, I gave those items to my SO. Or tell anyone that asks, they were for me and for size they fit perfectly.

If you're ready for that chapter of your life to be public then here is your chance. Myself... Not yet at least. If you are in a position where you cannot go public as well, put the items on for this Halloween ensure that your SO is dressed as a man and have fun.
    My two cents

@--}---

Nothing to worry about. Like Annilese said, deal with is as (and IF) it comes. Everybody probably knows that guy is a gossip, and they take what he says with a grain of salt. Nothing wrong with buying a scarf for your wife, sister or whatever, right?

We as humans always worry too much. In my old age I have just about decided that 99% of what we worry about never happens. If the one percent does happen then just deal with that and it is over. As others have said deal with it when it comes up and don't worry so much. Worry sends folks to an early grave.

The whole thing is a bummer for you but I have one question. Did the guy bump into you in the panty isle? If so you may not have anything to worry about! In all seriousness, keep your cool and hope for the best. It sounds like it's out of your hands now.

Amanda

The Mad Scientist
    All the folks in the shops around here think Wendy's wife must be one hot mama

No worries.

I wouldn't worry about it. We know we crossdress, so it is easy for us to jump to the conclusion. Outside of our culture, what we do is so foreign people just don't associate it to our actions. A lucky break.

The cops got your name either by running your truck plates which were probably on the tape, Or if you paid with a credit card, they ran that. But all in all an incident caught on tape like that usually does result in a plea bargain.

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar

No way

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    I'm wondering how much more difficult your life would have been had you not worried about the call on your cell phone. We get conditioned to answer the phone when in fact we really don't have to. That like everything else in life is a personal choice.
    Took the words right out of my mouth... If it were me, unless I was expecting a specific call from someone (in which case, I wouldn't be in an area with no coverage) There's no way in hell, I would drive completely out of my way just to return a call. Dressed, or not.
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

Silver Member
    Relax about what you had in your hand etc. If he makes a comment just say, wouldn't you like to know. You could hint that she was a married woman that you were buying a little fun time present. Or you were replacing some souvenirs that were damaged the other night.

If asked (which I seriously doubt you will be), say, with a perfectly straight face, "Why yes, they fit perfectly!"; then move on to another subject. Believe me, no one will call you on it.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I like these stories, because it reminds me to stay home when dressed. Even the most innocent activities can turn around and bite us in the ass. So for me, home is the only completely safe place to dress. There's no place like home, there's no place like home, etc.. now where are those damn ruby slippers........
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Sarah,

Well that is quite the adventure but you weathered it very well. I would not worry about your friend who saw you . . . so you have some scarves and were looking at undies . . . you could have just been buying for your wife. I have seen plenty of dudes in Victoria Secrets and La Senza scoping out undies and lacy things . . . I suppose some could be CDer but others are just dudes buying frillies for their ladies.

Hugs

Isha

Silver Member
    You could always reply with with something like "Did he share what was in his bag with you?"...But I doubt he will remember and the phrase "those wont fit you" is almost as common as "what's up".

I have been in situations where I was afraid of being "outed" and I can empathize with your dilemma. If there is one thing that I have gradually learned and tried to adhere to it is to just ignore events such as your chance meeting and just carry on as if it is unimportant.

You are not committing a crime or doing anything that is going to harm anyone, so just "brazen it out". People react to strength and confidence while signs of embarrassment or fear are taken as a weakness and some will exploit it. I remember that a long time ago I was fearful of the reaction of a store clerk to my buying in the women's section. Now I just carry on politely but openly with the SA and we usually have a wonderful chat and the entire event is pleasant for both. I am not interested in what she thinks of my buying those clothes but I do want her to remember me as a confident and pleasant person.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    You're lucky.
    Rule #1 is to stay safe.
    Rule #2 is to have fun.
    You did neither.
    Me? I also learned the hard way. My car broke down and I had to call for a tow-truck. It was a Saturday night and I had on a short black leather skirt (Frederick's of Hollywood).
    So we each screwed-up and got off lucky.
    Hope all of you who read this learn from our mistakes.