Thread: Where I am.

Where I am.

Hello friends and fellow CDers. It's been awhile since I've posted anything around here, but I thought perhaps some of you would be interested to know how myself and my fiance Gigi are doing.

There's a lot that I want to say here, because so much has happened. Well, it's all good news. Back on xmas, we got engaged. A few months later we moved in together to a house inherited to me. We have certainly not gone without growing pains and learning to live with each other, but I sincerely KNOW that it has and will only get better every day. I love her with every part of me and beyond.

I am pretty much entirely "OUT". Gigi and I had gotten past that point, and it was already sort of not really much of a secret anymore, that I had finally made an announcement to the remaining friends and family that did not already know. I am extremely blessed and fortunate to have experienced everything the way that I have, as I have been met with nearly 100% support and kindness. Even with fearful expectations of rejection, my own father supports me and our relationship has improved.

Another giant leap for me also occurred not that long ago when I spoke in front of a room full of people. Gigi, her parents, and I attended a monthly non-lgbt event that has an open-mic type thing. I had prepared a short, part improv, poem/declaration. Strangely, I wasn't as nervous as I thought I'd be, partly due to the fact that I knew the crowd would be non-judgemental. Anyway, it went over pretty well. I had many of the people in attendance afterward tell me that I did a great job or that I inspired them. The poem itself wasn't really about me being transgender, but alot more about my spirituality, but I was en femme here for the first time. Parallel to my coming to terms and one of the things that really helped me get to the point that I am at has been my search for happyness and things deeper than that. I have become very passionate about this and have discovered way more about myself and life than I could have ever imagined. When I started on this path 3 years ago to "figure out who I am", I wouldn't believe you then if you had told me then where I am now. Not just as a label like crossdresser or transgender, but True knowledge of my Self. Because of this I am grateful to everything I have ever experienced and to everyone I have ever met. You gave me a piece of the puzzle to my own personal here and now. No regrets. I am alive.

There is one other thing I haven't mentioned and that is....

I am going to be a father!

Expected to arrive February 2015!
    Hakuna Matata!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Congratulations, Amanda! That is such great news! I've always enjoyed reading your posts and you've come such a long way - so glad that the present and future are bright

I wish you a happy family life. Learn "active listening". You can probably find it online.

Do you get to dress 24/7? Or do you have to present as masculine sometimes? Have you put any pics in the pic gallery?
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

No I don't dress 24/7. Not at all, and I'm ok with that. There are times when I feel more drawn to my feminine side (pink fog!), but I have generally found a balance. For me, it's the balance of masculine & feminine, or maybe the unifying of energy (a la Yin & Yang) that makes it work for me.
    Hakuna Matata!

Congratulations on getting engaged, and being able to be your self, and it good to here you are alive and well.

Congratulations Amanda on getting engaged, the future seems very bright for you and I wish you the best of luck and happiness. also congratulations on your child

You sound like you are in a very healthy, happy and enjoying the place you are in life. That's the hard part about life being who you are and being happy. Your life will change again after the baby is born. It's the best thing that ever happened to me when all my kids were born. Keep on enjoying life and stay in tune with the marriage and the life you have chosen to live.

Amanda,
    Life is moving along for you at the moment with plenty of interesting things for the future.
    Don't fret or worry if your dressing activities take a break for a while as I am sure they will.
    When things settle it will all return.

Enjoy being a Father and get yourself married somewhere in between.
    Tell us of your progress, I will be interested to see how you get on.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

We will be married in a little over a month.
    Hakuna Matata!

You sound like someone who has a clear & proper perspective of your life & what you want from life. Keep on growing. Peace, mel