Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Funny discussion the other night

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    Back in the 70's a lot of the guys I rode bikes with wore pantyhose when the weather was cold. Of course I wore them, but not just when riding. I recently had someone tell me tights would be warmer than p/h in the winter so I am thinking about that for this winter, but I always found the p/h to be warmer and more comfortable than the the men's therma underwear.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Shoveling snow for me is never short as it's the sidewalks and then the tractor for the driveway. I sure as heck put on PH before I go out! It's especially good at keeping feet warm under socks and workboots!

[QUOTE=Krisi;3607923]Joe Namath (famous football player) not only wore them, he did TV commercials for them.

soooooo true krisi!! if they are good enough for joe namath, they are good enough for me

since he led us to our ONLY superbowl, maybe more of the jets today should be wearing them...cause we suk!!
    paula

Hey Jorja! 'A bear rug and a nice fire will keep you warm also." being alaskan the best reply to that is that the bear might object LOL although I do agree with you Back in my usaf days I was in a special unit in the field so we went to ft bullis in texas for some training, The command sgt major got up to give his speech and then produced an egg shaped container ---leggs he said we should all wear these we laughed thinking about the steers and q----s joke in texas ,but he was serious he said it would keep the ticks and chiggers off of us . I'll always remember the weird special feeling I got wearing them
    hugs phylis anne

[QUOTE=paulaprimo;3608262]
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Joe Namath (famous football player) not only wore them, he did TV commercials for them.

soooooo true krisi!! if they are good enough for joe namath, they are good enough for me

since he led us to our ONLY superbowl, maybe more of the jets today should be wearing them...cause we suk!!
    Ahem...It's not that Krisi and Paula and I are actually OLD enough to remember those commercials:-)....But around that same time, or so I've heard, Sammy Davis Jr. also came out publicly in support of men wearing pantyhose because of the support they provided his incredibly talented legs(and it had nothing to do with cold weather)...And Mr. Davis hung out with "The Rat Pack", and ain't nobody, nowhere, was ever more macho than the Rat Pack!

And to bring my mentioning the Rat Pack back around to the relevancy of Tracii G's conversation....Those who are truly "macho", are the Dudes who are secure in their masculinity and don't give a rat's pattootie about "but what would happen if"......To me, it sounds like there was only one person at that table who didn't quite realize what "machoness" truly means.

Everyone else at that table took the conversation into interesting levels...Well done Tracii G!!!!

Jaye
    Last edited by JayeLefaye; 09-30-2014 at 06:43 PM. Reason: well...spelling, duh:-)
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

I started wearing pantyhose in cold weather after I read that pro football players wear them in places like Green Bay or Minneapolis in December.
    I wear them for other reasons too lol but they keep me warm when shoveling snow.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by phylis anne View Post
    Hey Jorja! 'A bear rug and a nice fire will keep you warm also." being alaskan the best reply to that is that the bear might object LOL although I do agree with you
    hugs phylis anne
    I have never had one object yet!

Anyone switching to leggings in the winter?
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    Anyone switching to leggings in the winter?
    As much "winter" we get here in Florida (three to four weeks of temps in the 4C (25F) range) I normally wear leggings or tights. For routine office wear I choose generally opaque tights, the 'winter' ones are thermal and generally black. I've never liked sheer hose, my legs are not my best feature.

This goes back to the '70's. Someone discovered that pantyhose made a difference mostly by decreasing the evaporation of moisture from the skin, so the person didn't feel as cold. But thermal underwear is much better. So if you're just looking for an excuse to wear pantyhose, there you go, but if you're looking to stay warm, there are far better options out there. Damart thermolactyl underwear, for example, is terrific. I used to wear it when i worked outdoors in the wintertime. Works great.
    FYI! JUST DON'T PUT IT IN THE DRYER, IT WILL SHRINK BEYOND BELIEF! Hang dry only.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member
    Tracii, good post.
    Heidi, the hold out from the 7/11 story is the same guy out at the mall with is wife or SO standing at the edge of the women's or Lingerie Depts. for fear the clothes will jump off the racks and attack him. I see a real paradox/contradiction with these guys. they act all sorts of macho but then they can't say "Honey you go shop I'll stay here." And the lack the real confidence to walk into those areas because they guys might make fun of me if they see me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    .....He said what if you are in an accident and have to go to the hospital? The doctor and nurses would see you in them.
    I replied so what? I'm sure they have seen it all and they wouldn't care....
    I have to wear THREE pairs of gloves if I venture outside in the cold Winter months here, Tracii. As far as the Hosp. staff having "seen it all", you are SO right. Nothing surprises them. I used to date a Surgical Tech. & the stories he'd tell me about what he saw when Accident victims were brought in for Emer. Surgery were disgusting; appalling & horrifying - just like my ‘About Me’ Tab.