Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This may be stupid, but.............

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar

This may be stupid, but.............

For those of us who decide that we want to wear certain items of clothing during our normal day, such as girls jeans, a girls t-shirt, panties, ect. Does that honestly make us a crossdresser or are we merely electing to wear what ever pleases us. For example I prefer to wear girls gym shorts for bed because they fit better and are more comfortable, I decided to ditch all my mens underwear for panties for the comfort. What is that fine line that says, ok now you are a crossdresser. Or is some form of gender identity issue that my mind says I can wear what I want when I want?
    Erica

Yes, you're a crossdresser! Just enjoy it for what it is, and don't waste time agonizing over it. And we'll leave the light on for ya.
    Last edited by MelanieAnne; 09-29-2014 at 08:28 PM.

AND....it's not stupid, by the way..... I'm always having these random thoughts during the day that make me second guess myself. A lot of things could happen between then and now that you have no control over, so just live your life and be happy doing it! And smile!

Suzanne

If it makes you comfortable then it just makes you you. Wearing clothes of the opposite sex technically makes one a crossdresser. I see you and the rest as the girls that make us who we aré. Billie Jean

I've always got a lot of pleasure from crossdressing. Many times when I'm all dressed up, wig and makup, perfume, etc, wine and candles, I think most men don't know what they are missing. When I'm all dolled up and walking down the street on a summer night, feeling the breeze up under my dress, and hearing the sound of my heels on the sidewalk, I feel kind of sorry for all the guys sitting in smokey bars buying drinks for some barfly, and hoping to get lucky, or all the guys stuck in a loveless, boring marriage.

Banned Read only
    Silly to worry about such things when not even the Forum Dinos can or will agree on any of the many terms here.

Personally I find it stupid to wear clothes because they come from a certain section in the store. If one likes the fit, comfort or style better of the "wrong" clothes why let others tell you what's the right or wrong clothes to wear?

1] The laws do not prevent it

2] The stores sell clothes to anyone with money

Personally I find it stupid to wear clothes because they come from a certain section in the store.
    But ya gotta admit, clothes from a certain section of the store are more comfortable and fun to wear.

Oh, lol! I thought you were going to show us a picture of a stupid outfit or something.

I think we are in a time when labels are still in the process of being defined and debated. Anyone could (and sometimes do) just make up a label to suit their own unique situation.

My opinion, you are a crossdresser if you self identify as one.

Ask yourself who does it hurt? Nobody. Just do it!

wer'e not cross dressers gigggggle we just found out that the girls stuff fits and feels better!!!
    hugs phylis anne

Banned Read only
    Erica, my take is this: if it were choice alone, you'd not feel the need to hide it. I agree that women's underwear is more comfortable than men's. Why men's underwear needs a 1 inch wide waist band is beyond me. I have moved 100% to VS cotton briefs. I like the colors, the style and the fit. AND, I'm a cross dresser.

If I can't find nice lingerie that fits, or my skinny jeans look baggy, I become a very cross dresser.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I accept that I am a CD, but i don't think of myself as one. For me, the line is when one is trying to mimic a female.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I find myself thinking the same that why not just wear what's comfortable, I too wear only panties and occasionally womens jeans, or the nice comfy gym shorts. So I say it's common

I wear panties just to prove I am not a crossdresser.

{ahem}

Erica I feel just like you. But it's not stupid it's who we are.
    I love the feel of womens panties and wear them 24/7.
    I am a crossdresser just with more on at certain times.
    Char

Gone to live my life
    Hi Erica,

No question is ever a stupid question. This thing we do can be confusing and as I have always maintained I am not a "label gal". If you are wearing clothes because they are comfortable, you just like them or whatnot then you could in the classic textbook definition be a "cross dresser". However that is how the world writ large has chosen to define the term. It could also be you are a just a person dressing for comfort. Conversely you could also be a person who wears what women typically wear because part of you identifies female. In the end we all have to place ourselves somewhere on the spectrum but we also need to do what makes us feel good without getting too wrapped up in why we do it or what it makes us.

Be happy and comfortable sweetie . . . that is all that counts.

Hugs

Isha

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieAnne View Post
    I've always got a lot of pleasure from crossdressing. Many times when I'm all dressed up, wig and makup, perfume, etc, wine and candles, I think most men don't know what they are missing. When I'm all dolled up and walking down the street on a summer night, feeling the breeze up under my dress, and hearing the sound of my heels on the sidewalk, I feel kind of sorry for all the guys sitting in smokey bars buying drinks for some barfly, and hoping to get lucky, or all the guys stuck in a loveless, boring marriage.
    YOur sentiments here are priceless MelanieAnne. I 100% agree. Well said. Hahah LOL.

And I too think labels are just for clothes not people. Wherever you find yourself that is where you are and who you are. Just enjoy yourself I reckon.
    xxx Chloe xxx

If You Are On The Rainbow Then You Are on the Team

Does it really matter as "we" are part of the nebulous "they". Not to mention that the definition of "crossdresser" varies from person to person.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Reality Check
    The fact that you've joined and participate in a crossdressing web forum pretty much means you are a crossdresser. The "merely electing to wear what ever pleases us" is just a BS excuse some of us use to try to justify our crossdressing.

The bottom line of course is, you can call yourself whatever you want to and other people will call you whatever they want to. Unless it means a divorce or getting fired from your job it really doesn't matter.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I am with the school of thought that we elect to wear women's clothes because of an internal gender variance. While I feel that many of my fem items are far more comfortable, many are very uncomfortable. I can maybe get the comfort thing with my undies, but what about painting my fingernails while dressed as a guy? What does that have to do with comfort? Nothing. It is an outer sign of my internal feelings. I do it for myself, so that I feel more centered and balanced, but I also do it (the nails specifically) because I want others to see that I have something a little extra going on inside.

Aspiring Member
    On the flip side of this discussion, thiink of how many women dress for comfort even wearing men's clothes like T-shirts. I know many women who have boy style haircuts and refuse to wear makeup. I also know women who hate wearing bras and either go braless or can't wait to rip them off. My wife likes her 2-piece flannel pajamas because they're comfortable. Even sneakers can be unisex. That doesn't make them CD's. Women just have more liberties when it comes to colors or design. And given the idea that most men don't want to appear effeminate then they wear whatever makes them look masculine. I'd say that we have discovered the fine aspects of wearing comfortable women's clothes whether we want to call ourselves CD or not.

Cheryl

What is a "crossdresser"? Am I one because I wear men's boxers as house shorts? Because I've worn a necktie with a bodysuit blouse that looks like a button-down shirt? I think that if it's comfortable and doesn't break the law (even if it's a stupid law like women can't go topless) then you go for it!

Now I wouldn't wear 6" heels on a construction site, but at work, in the office? Yeah, momma's so got those!

Aspiring Member
    Further thought --- I once had a meeting with a short-haired gal whose family owned and operated a gravel pit. She was dressed in a flannel shirt, jeans, and work boots and drove a diesel pickup with dual rear wheels and she worked the office. She was cool!

Cheryl

Labels tend to lose information in the world of numbers (losing important details) they are only useful as a means of lumping things together (good for statistics and perhaps not so good for individuals). So like Isha - i do not worry too much about the labels people try to attach to me since they are arbitrary and can change in an instant if the need suits them