Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This may be stupid, but.............

I have days I wear "boy" clothes and days I wear "girls" clothes. Days I mix. Never wear wigs, forms, makeup, padding or anything of that sort. I don't own "men's" undies. I have to be "all boy" as much as possible when my wife and kids are around. I consider myself to be a person who wears clothes. I guess it makes me a crossdresser and that's fine.

Silver Member
    Our society would consider you a crossdresser. Now there isn't such a rush to judgement for women who do the same with items from the men's department! As far as it being stupid, it is not at all stupid. I wish I could stop at just wearing those items en male but i only feel comfortable and confident doing so enfemme with all the trimmings but i am making some progress in your direction.

Jenniferathome, I agree about the 1" wide elastic waistband that has been around since 1935 or so. That is why i buy Reebok women's compression shorts. They have a built in comfortable waistband.

I wear female clothes each day, they are normally female versions of what I would wear as a man - does that make me a cross dresser? Yes of course it does I am wearing clothes for the opposite sex. But it can be very liberating and something which if done right can go largely unnoticed. Trousers/Jeans blend in well, ankle boots can be hidden under trousers and if chosen well look similar to male versions. A lot of T-shirts are wearable as are most [plain] jumpers.

Clothes are designed to serve the main purpose of protecting the body from the elements or to portray a style and all clothing is functional for its created intention. Although the cut, style, patterns may object a gender bias, the real value in any article of clothing is in its ability to provide comfort of being to the person wearing it. I wear certain required clothes to work and can't wait to get them off when I get home, but it pays the bills. I can wear Wranglers, tshirt, and boots all day and be fine. Give me an hour or two to put on a dress and heels, balance. Don't mind taking off the boots and socks and seeing pink toenails. Just a reminder that under all this man is a softer, gentler side. It depends on the individual, some feel the need for further feminization while some just need a quick splash in the "Pink Fog".

I think this is a very personal difference. We all ended up here for a wide variety of social and birth reasons. Therefore, whatever is is for you is great, don't let other people define you! That where crossdresser comes from right, some type of social definition. Women do this very thing , all the time, w/o worrying over some type of gender association. We should have the same right!

If I'm trying to present as a female (wig, make up the works) then I am cross dressing.
    My everyday wear includes panties, trouser socks and ladies jeans. To me this is not cross dressing, I just find that they fit better.
    Then there are times when I do push the limits by adding a female styled or cut top, maybe a bra (natural C cup) and a little foundation. I guess the bra puts me over the edge, but sometimes I just don't care.
    In other words, everyone has their own definition and comfort level. Why try to label it.

I don't really care what you call it. I wear what makes me feel good and that includes underdressing when I can't be fully dressed.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I think most of us here are CD and were are ok with that. I think we wear what makes us comfortable, whether it be physically or mentally. I personally have found womens panties and socks are far more comfortable than mens. Also because of my body shape womens jeans fit much better, and I have very narrow feet so womens shoes fit much better. So do I wear them just for the physical comfort or some mental need to wear womens clothes. Who cares it makes both aspects of me happy and that's what's important.

Erica, the labels put on us by society are nothing more than a description of how we choose to dress. If you feel comfortable with the items you choose to wear, then you are being yourself. When I describe myself as a person who enjoys wearing feminine attire, I label myself as bi gender because I get the best of both worlds, as a guy or a girl.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

You are, by strict definition, a crossdresser.

I have worn 'girl clothes' (jeans, some tops, stockings, nails, 'subtle' makeup) for years. The only ones who ever noticed were other girls, and I never got any negative comments. I did get 'whats up with 'X' questions from guys, but 'because I like it' answered those Q's. Done.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Erica, I don't think you have anything to worry about. It's very clear you are not a crossdresser.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTee View Post
    Erica, I don't think you have anything to worry about. It's very clear you are not a crossdresser.
    I really want to thank everyone for taking time to respond.

Logically I know I am "classified" as a crossdresser. But over the years I have gone trough so many stages that I am finally realizing who I am. I am a transgender or maybe a bigender individual who hates labels and just wishes society would allow me to be myself without criticism.
    Erica

You wear womens' undies because they are womens' undies. Are there really no comfortable mens' undies? Most all of us twist feeble excuses into valid reasons for crossdressing.

Erica, even if wearing panties, girls shorts, didn't make you a CD, I think those earrings your wearing in you Avatar does.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica Marie View Post
    Logically I know I am "classified" as a crossdresser. But over the years I have gone trough so many stages that I am finally realizing who I am. I am a transgender or maybe a bigender individual who hates labels and just wishes society would allow me to be myself without criticism.
    Same here, couldn't have said it better myself!
    Huggs Dana

My $.02 worth on this is that if I'm wearing clothing that is typically made for women, then I'm a crossdresser regardless of the comfort factor or fit! I prefer to wear a garter belt and stockings, finding these more comfortable than bulky male socks, but, would be hard pressed to convince most people that I'm not crossdressing. I know that some here wear a bra because they need the support, but again, you have the same issue. As many others have pointed out, wear what you like and forget about the labels because it's really your personal choice as to what you wear as long as you're not breaking some indecency laws. Besides, I think it's amusing to watch "normal" people try to figure me out!
    Monique

You sound like you have a broblem thinking of yourself as a crossdresser. It's not a bad thing just enjoy the dressing hun.
    Angie

Nearly everyone has a comfortable place between the two extreems of girly-girl and manly-man. Some are able to be at their comfortable place all the time, some only on weekends, some, never. Some never even realize that is the reason for their discontent.

Erica, you have found your comfortable place. You know it, and now so do we.
    Quarterly TG Invasions: TgDetroit.com
    Facebook: MsVal Bralt