Thread: Another step

Another step

I don't have the ability to dress as much as I want , SO disapproves, so I started wearing light eye makeup several years ago, nearly every day. I found an eye shadow that compliment w/o jumping at you, a mascara when carefully applied is pretty. I wear bit of a perfect toned blush. It is generally unnoticable except for close examination. I have had a few look closely in my eyes, but have not said a thing. I have had coworkers tell me how jealous they are of a guy having such long lashes! Maybe they know, maybe not. No one has been cruel or negative in any way. Today is the first day to wear some foundation. I have played with mineral makeup for some time, when fully made up find that it does not cover enough. But I have found a shade, when well applied carefully, gives me a very nice finish, beard still shows, but looks great, so far my college students and secretaries have not said a word or given a second glance. Any of you wear makeup daily, i find it very comforting to do my makeup every morning, and am now encouraged by this new foundation experience!
    Michelle
    Last edited by Michelle Charles; 09-30-2014 at 11:20 AM. Reason: grammar work

I am surprised that you don't get objections from your SO.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    If you truly think your wife and, at least female coworkers have not noticed, you're deceiving yourself. They may not say anything, but, they know. As to your wife? I suspect she is just shaking her head.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Charles View Post
    ...Maybe they know, maybe not. ...
    They know. You don't care and the general population doesn't care but they know.

Banned Read only
    Michelle as others have said it won't go unnoticed, I know my wife gives me a second glance when I've just put a smear of lipstick on, even a natural shade looks different, as Stephanie says probably just shakes her head !!

Thanks gals, I don't radically disagree on being discovered, but in the case of the wifey, if she sees it, she would say something very quickly . I am confident in the combinations I have found, and can apply makeup in a very subtle way, like I say close examination will give it away. Anyhow , it is for me and makes me feel good and right, which is why we do this in the first place, right? I have had 1 incident, during holiday shopping, where I had a noticable amount of eye makeup on, a young lady checker, asked if I was wearing makeup and lead to a fun and pleasant discussion. It became an opportunity to give crossdressing a positive note in the world we live in that is somewhat disapporving.

First let me say that it's great that you found a way to wear light makeup when you want.

But, how do you put it on so that your wife never sees you putting it on?
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Michelle,
    Your wife knows. She's just "turning the other cheek". I am glad you have the confidence you do to wear make up daily. You go girl!

Love,
    Lexi V.

Banned Read only
    By the way, "another step" toward what exactly?