Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I lost a bet

I lost a bet

A friend and I had a bet. The loser would have to dress as a women for the day. No cheating, the loser can't stay inside all day. They have to make at least one public appearance, shopping dining, etc. I "lost".
    The question is, should I play it as expected? Or should I go out as Julie Marie?

Heehee! Depends on what sort of personality your friend has. Will you be with him when you go out? Why not do something totally unexpected, like getting dressed up really nice and make him take you to dinner? Have fun!

Aspiring Member
    Is there a GG that you are both friendly with? You could tell her "I lost a bet with George and I have to dress as a girl for a day. I decided if I'm going to do it, I might as well go all the way, top to bottom. Could you help me with the clothes and makeup?"

Interesting dilemma, Julie! I'd go full bore and let Julie show up. If I'm going out in public, I'm going to look my best! You could use the cover of a trusting female to help "get you ready" but finish the job yourself if her presentation is not up to your standard. Then you say to your friends that she made you up.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

WOW! What a great excuse if you get caught sometime. "I lost a bet".

I wonder what would have happened if your friend had lost? Would he have shown up as a really ugly woman? Or maybe he has done this before too.

You don't really think I would let my friend lose do you? It was too good an opportunity to pass up.

I keep trying to lose those bets. Good job I would play it straight go Julie all out Do your best if you can find a make over person go for it. YOu could always answer a craiglist add for a make over if you don't have a GG that will help. Just call them and tell them the story. Have fun get diner and dancing out of it. LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Silver Member
    It depends on your social circle and friend. He may have known you would lose and wanted to see you dressed. Tell him he has to take you to dinner. Then go all out. On the other hand if he freaks out you may want to go through the drive in.

When I was 18 an older friend jokingly suggested that we go to a drive in car show and movie. He wanted me to play the girl supposedly as a joke. I'm not sure if he knew I was a CD. I was going to go in joke mode. He said I better be pretty to ride with him. Anyway I bit and went all out. Did the poodle skirt, petticoats, blond wig and my landlady did my makeup. Little did I know that he would drive his 57 chevy convertible and enter us in the contest. We had a great time but it changed our relationship. He wanted to continue the charade and I also liked it. It was fun feeling like a girl and cursing around. The problem was he wanted me as a guy and was ok if I dressed and I only liked girls.

I would go out as Julie Marie. Although if I'm going to do something I do it to the best I can, no matter what it is. Another thing to think of, if your going to go out in public dressed and you do it badly to cover any suspicions, wouldn't you be making a mockery of all of us? We want the public to start accepting and less pointing and laughing. Maybe I'm being too critical but it something to think about. Either way it's a chance to be out dressed.

Quote Originally Posted by lingerieLiz View Post
    It depends on your social circle and friend. He may have known you would lose and wanted to see you dressed. Tell him he has to take you to dinner. Then go all out. On the other hand if he freaks out you may want to go through the drive in.
    I was thinking the same thing. Curious, how fair was the bet? If the odds were stacked against you, there may have been a reason. Just can't tell if that reason was something good, something bad, or maybe a little of both?
    I'm a girl when I feel like it

I would go all out, to go half hearted would not bring any satisfaction to anyone, if you go all out and are successful everyone will remember you, support you and have something to talk about for years to come.
    You will be a legend.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    If you embrace this situation too much, you may give yourself away. They may end up thinking, why is he enjoying this so much!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

That is the question, would I give myself away? On the other hand, I could always claim that since I had to do it, I may as well try to do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by julie marie1 View Post
    On the other hand, I could always claim that since I had to do it, I may as well try to do it right.
    Nothing wrong with that! Why bothering doing something if you're not going to do it well?
    I'm a girl when I feel like it

I'd say just don't trot out $300 forms, or expensive lingerie --- who's going to pay that kind of money for a lost bet? Sadly you'll have to make do with a home remedy kind of thing by shoving nylons in your bra etc. But yeah, I would love to lose a bet like that

At the end of the day, if you think there's any problem brewing, just ask, 'So, how did I do? Do you think I have the chops to be an actor professionally? I worked real hard to get this role down right. Did I miss anything?'
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I used to lose a lot of bets. Ask any store clerk in three states.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Gone to live my life
    Hi Julie Marie,

I guess it depends on the potential of accidently outing yourself. I would take a middle of the road approach and come out swinging not in a major league kind of way but more so "farm team". Down play the make-up (not too god), if you have a cheaper wig I would shoot with that and reasonable clothes with flat shoes (so you don't have to explain why you walk in heels so well). I would also downplay your mannerisms and femme behaviors (this is not something a guy can just do at the lost of a bet). If he asks about the make-up just say you have GG friend who helped you get ready for the bet. You don't have to show up as a stereotypical guy dressed as a caricature woman, you can do it with a bit of grace . . . just not whole hog.

However, if you are not concerned of accidently outing yourself . . . bring out the whole package and enjoy.

Hugs

Isha

Julie,
    My question is, "Who are you?" If you are really Julie, then be you. If you are the boy side, have fun and be him, just playing girl. Think about this and and take what you think is the best course.

Bobbi

Reality Check
    I' m trying to understand how one gets into a situation like this where there is a bet and the loser has to dress as a woman for a day. It's not something that has ever happened to me or anyone I know.

To answer the original question, someone touched on this, but if you come out in a set of $300 breast forms, padded hips and panties, a nice wig, women's shoes that fit you and perfect makeup, you have outed yourself as a crossdresser.

The alternative, a bra stuffed with socks and a wig from the costume store just doesn't sound like much fun to me.

It's your choice though.

You are so lucky. However you decide to accomplish it have fun with it.

Silver Member
    Julie are you still married over 40 years with 4 kids? You may need to take that into account as to how you handle this. Will your kids see you dressed as Julie for this "bet"? If your wife knows of Julie have her help you.
    Interesting post since usually the lost bet situations befall the younger crowd but you are lucky.

Curious as to how the bet came to be and for what? This info may influence how you handle it, thanks for the details.

Go all out, this chance won't come up again

You say you lost a bet, but really, you won, right?