Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Household chores

Household chores

Many times I will see on here where some just LOVE doing household chores en femme and especially when wearing a French maid's outfit. Personally, I hate housework and no amount of women's clothes or maid outfits are going to make me like it any better. I think it's BS myself as I've invited these eager beavers to come to my place and clean but never any takers.Since "Herself the Elf" doesn't come to my house, I have no choice but to do the work myself. This includes cleaning, laundry and dishes. Those piles never move unless I do it to it. I'd much rather be like Peg Bundy and sit around watching Soaps and eating Bon Bons all day but it is what it is. Really, anyone out there truthfully enjoy doing housework en femme? If you do you are more than welcome to come to my place and knock yourself out in ecstasy.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    The problem is Kate as much as I would like to cut the lawn dressed, it's not going to happen ! Rather than my wife thinking I've done nothing while she's been out working or baby sitting I clean the house, and cook the meals ! Ok it's not the most exciting job but throw in some CDing and it becomes more interesting !

Reality Check
    I do some of the housework. It's only fair. Dressed or not. Honestly, I do less than half but I do contribute.

I do most of the housework, laundry, and cooking, dressed more often than not. Always do my workouts dressed as well.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Kate, I'll be right over as soon as I'm finished here.

I don't do windows!

maid post.JPG
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Silver Member
    I think I would phrase it as "I hate housework but I hate it less if I can do it enfemme." Since the kids and my wife have returned to school I have turned over a new house-working leaf, in that I have been doing a bit more then just the laundry and cleaning. I have been doing some organizing and pitching of the stuff. I find those chores less exhausting then the endless loop of laundry.
    Since I no longer have certain hours to where I dress around home, I have been under-dressing at times which does add a bit a pleasure to the drudgery.
    A question to all: If you could afford to hire a maid would you want her to dress as a french maid? Or would you, like I, and just stare in envy as she worked about your house (Understanding that she is off limits for any sort of foray).

It's not that I love housework, but since it has to be done, why not make it more enjoyable by doing it en femme? If I loved housework, I might volunteer to do yours. Ain't gonna happen.
    I'm just defending those who like to do housework en femme. I don't, but I like a clean place for my dressup sessions, so I clean, then transform.

Even a regular maid's outfit would be fun, IMO. But yes, the French maid outfit is best changed into right before she gets home. I have her newspaper waiting for her, a cocktail chilled and waiting, assortment of chopped vegetables, fruits, nuts and cheese set out for nibbling on (this often takes the place of dinner- given the variety and quantity), and the promise of special attention as we retire for a short 'nap' before the evening activities.

Really don't think anyone loves cleaning but I do help with the chores around the house especially since retirement. I even find myself helping with the cooking and used to do more of it in the patio kitchen but it's easier to work in inside with the microwaves. I hate putting away dishes but it helps so as the rest have already said it's just more fun being dressed than having to do it in drab, besides if you need practice in heels then wear them while cleaning and you'll be surprised that you find them easier to walk in.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down", and if that sugar is a cute top and apron, why not? I've always done most of the housework anyway -- just more fun to do it en drab. But Kate, I'm not volunteering (yet).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Genetically Fabulous Robyne Rocks's Avatar
    As a GG who does most of the housework in our home, it's a daily necessity that isn't really fun no matter what I wear. And for thorough cleaning, I don't wanna dirty my nice things doing it, so it'll be done in my unattractive cleaning clothes.

That's probably also true for my husband, but I wanted to say, I find him extremely attractive when he does housework en femme. The visual of that is very sexy. I always had a thing for Donna Reed.

For me wearing a skort with a polo shirt brings out the cleaning lady in me.

Reality Check
    We used to have a cleaning service ("maids") and in real life they don't wear "maid's outfits", they wear sensible work clothes. If you are doing real housework, you don't risk your good stuff.

Pretty sure that it's safe to say that no one truly enjoys house chores/cleaning. Living alone and enjoying a clean and well taken care of house pretty much dictates that I have the responsibility to take care of the work. Hmmmm..I love to dress in just about anything so I let my mood dictate what I will wear so that I can get on with my chores and ENJOY some dress up time! House looks great...I feel great...! And...that glass of wine when finished is a nice treat

I have done house work dressed. Because I have to do it anyway. I don't find the house work it self enjoyable but what I do like is having something " real world " to do while I am dressed. If I can't get out in the real world that is. There is only so many times you can walk back and forth across the house practicing your girl walk with nothing to actually do.
    I don't wear a French maid out fit , but I do wear heels , with maybe jeans and a sweater. It's just fun to emerce myself in doing regular " real life stuff" in girl mode
    Feels less like I'm just playing dress up.
    But there is no way I'm going through the trouble of doing my make up just to clean the house though. Well , maybe some lipstick but def no eye makeup

So, basically what I'm reading here is that this "dressing and housework" verges on the realm of "fulfilled fantasy"?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I hate housework (and yardwork) but if I don't do it it will not be done

Kate,
    The novelty of house cleaning wore off a long time ago with me too.

I was bribed with a maids uniform by a friend years ago.

She wanted a girl and already had three boys.

I became her girl on the weekends
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Absolutely love doing laundry and general housework en femme. Somehow makes me feel so girly! Would love to buy a maid's outfit...must look into that. But my own house is enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    So, basically what I'm reading here is that this "dressing and housework" verges on the realm of "fulfilled fantasy"?
    Unfulfilled fantasy usually. And a reality check often that what goes on between the ears isn't as great as what really happens. I had many fantasies earlier in my life, one was being "forced" to clean while wearing something revealing and sexy. My wife the practical realist always said "what difference does it make, just clean the house" I have had the chance to live many of my fantasies and let me tell, they are usually not what I expected.

Oh yeah I hate housework
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Doing housework enfemme is not my cup of tea. Not to mention that I haven't seen a maid/servants outfit that I desire to wear.

Like others here I was doing the housework anyway might as well do it dressed and get some slight enjoyment out of it. Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Doing housework dressed is the best, my wife says I just don't do enough of it. Every Halloween I want to buy a French maids dress, maybe this will be the year

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Kate I am with you 100%. There is no outfit in the world that would make me enjoy washing floor, toilets or dishes. I do it because it needs to be done. Id prefer to just get it done, then shower get dressed and find a nice place to go out and just enjoy myself.
    Erica

Well, household chores is just one of many things that i love to do en femme. No special outfits, just what a regular girl would wear. It makes me feel housewife-ish which is feminine and awesome. I admit to have taken pics of this activity so I will go ahead and share one.
    Attached Images Attached Images