Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if they knew?

What if they knew?

What if you didn't know they knew when you finally approached those closest to you and told them who you really were. What would be your reaction when they told you they had known for some time but hadn't told you?

Always,

Ilsa

That has not happened in my case. Even when I told the most perceptive people I was closest to for the longest time. I was never "macho", but I guess I pass pretty well as just a guy.
    I think it would be cool if it turned out someone knew me that well.

I had one friend who said that I had an aura when I told her. She would always comment that I was the only guy that her dog would come to.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I would ask them how it was that they knew. If my ability to keep my gendered selves separate is that bad, I'd sure want to know how that could possibly be the case!

In the comics Peter Parker told his Aunt May on her death bed that he was Spider-Man. She said to him: "I know Peter, I've always known." He said to her: "Why didn't you ever say anything?" She said: "I figured you just didn't want to talk about it. How could I live in the same house with you and not know?" See, we may think we are clever but those who really know us will know something is up.No biggie really.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Nope, no one knew. I worked very hard to keep up appearances as a standard issue guy. Maybe I should have gone into acting as a profession.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    In my immediate family my wife knows and I had to tell my daughter after she caught me ironing some of my stuff ! I have a sneaking feeling my son might know, when my wife and I were on holiday he wanted to use my internet connection and did a search for passwords. He may have found some hidden paperwork and passwords if he did he hasn't said anything but I feel it's his fault for not respecting my privacy !
    As far as I'm concerned I've reached an age where I'm entitled to some Teresa time so if they know all well and good I can stop hiding and be myself as dad or Teresa !

I really feel only my wife knows. The kids are all gone so unless they should surprise me one day I'm pretty sure only my wife has any clue. I often wondered though how they would take it if I died and found all the posts or the dresses n heels in the bigger sizes knowing they are not my wife's.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    To Niki A.,
    About that "dog thing".
    That's happened to me quite often, and if it's not the dog, it's the cat.

"Whew! I was afraid you found out that I'm really Spiderman. Oh crap...."

My reaction would be relief.
    If they already knew but didn't tell me and I couldn't tell they knew then obviously it didn't change how they felt about me and that would be wonderful.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Aspiring Member
    I got a big surprise a couple years ago. Somehow (don't remember the whole conversation) while messaging with my sister-in-law, she told me she knew and my mother and (late) father-in-law all knew all along. I was shocked! I thought it was a well kept secret. She said everyone was fine about it. It was like a reverse DADT situation. At least it was a relief for me and I don't have to come out. My daughters told me that my ex told them why we got divorced and were fine with it. Another relief. I suspect they may have said something to my step-daughter who lived with us for awhile as a teen. One day she was going through the bathrroom vanity and asked if the bottle of Nair was mine. I think she knew because she would talk about CD friends she knew in school. No one says anything or makes an issue and we all get along fine. I asked my sister-in-law how they found out but she wouldn't tell me. I even mentioned all of this to my wife and she told me not to worry about it. End of discussion.

Cheryl

Banned Read only
    OMG, I hope my dog doesn't mind knowing I am really Catwoman!

Banned Read only
    That idea is so mind blowing, I cant get there. It's like a citizen of Gothem telling Buce Wayne he knew all along he was Batman.

in fact, I think I am more likely to be accused of BEING Batman than being a cross dresser. So, I'd be blown away and ask how they came to know this. Oh, and thanks for being understanding.

I would ask if they had been reading my mail.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    so far only my wife knows, if either of my adult son's find out I think our relationship will be seriously damaged.
    I would lose most of my friends and the embarrassment to my wife would be awful.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I think it is more common than people think LOL.....

Aspiring Member
    "I think it is more common than people think LOL....."

Adriana, I think you're right. We don't fully know how much family and friends know about the topic. I'm sure they've been exposed to TV shows or articles and hopefully to the point that it's not a shock to them that people like us exist. It may have been a shock in the 1960's or so but we're decades ahead of those years when Christine Jorgensen came out on the Mike Douglas Show.

So now they find out that "Jack" likes wearing women's clothes. Maybe they suspected something different about him all along and now they know. I think then after the initial shock friends and relatives move on dealing with their own issues that might even be more important or severe making "Jack's hobby" tame in comparison. Just a thought.

Cheryl

So many time it is not what the reaction of other is, it is what we think of our self that stops us, even with some one that would be supportive. It is our mind set that would deter-mound how we would react.

My son was diagnosed as ADD in his late teens. We were seeing a psychiatrist to try to find out ways to help him. When he pointed out the pattern of behavior, all the things noted in his school report cards right from grade 1, we both smacked our heads and said... it's so obvious now that you mention it!

twenty twenty hindsight.

I suspect in many cases our family and friends would have a similar reaction once they were told. All sorts of things would come to mind that by themselves mean nothing, but when taken as a whole... it becomes obvious. This is particularly true about things that don't easily fit into the "normal" world.

Alana

I'm actually Bat man but like to moon light as Bat Girl. Oh damn, another run in my tights.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    I didn't want to admit this, but I can easily morph into Wonder Woman or any other woman. We're very advanced on the planet I came from. LOL! (I wish!)

Seriously, we are our own worst enemies in many ways especially the older we are. Let's not forget that those of us in our 50's and 60's grew up in a very intolerant era. Today diversity is embraced in many safe places. It's our thinking and conditioning back to the dark ages that prevent us from fully expressing ourselves. We also have to remember that there are people who are still stuck on those old prejudicial values. So while we can be accepted by those who have progressed into this era, there will be people who have lagged behind and probably are the ones we should avoid.

Cheryl

If I am discovered, I hope they love me in Heels.
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

Well I was caught a few times by my mom, I would have a stash of pantyhose hidden in a drawer and once in a while I would find them washed and folded. When I was fifteen or sixteen my parents would go to our summer cabin and I would stay home with my grandparents. I would get back late at night and my grandparents would be sleeping, and I would put on pantyhose and my mothers slip and watch TV. I would fall asleep on the couch and in the morning or a few hours later I would wake up and have a blanket over me. Is that the coolest grandmother or what, she never said a word to me or as far as I know my parents, and I believe she took it to her grave, GOD bless her soul. My sister must of known because she was a neat freak and I was young and wasn't the neatest person. My cousins must have noticed that every time I went over the next day they would be missing a few pairs of pantyhose. Even now I am not the neatest person, my wife tells me all the time I leave things hanging around and my daughter is a snoop and is always shooting little lines about crossdressers.
    Sometimes I really wonder if I came out if anyone would be surprised.

Platinum Member
    Hi Ilsa, So far so good and I would like it to stay that way.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!