Thread: Amazing experience at Alan Ross Texas Freedom Parade.

Amazing experience at Alan Ross Texas Freedom Parade.

10 days ago I had the lifetime experience by going to 'Alan Ross Texas Freedom Parade 2014' here at Dallas, yes I understand I should have posted this earlier, but living with two lives is getting harder and couldn't work out to post it sooner. So, anyways I was told and recommended to visit the parade by Paula and her girlfriends a few days before the parade. I was reluctant as the parade schedule was coming on the way to something else important for the dude, then for a moment I thought 'this parade happens once a year, the dude can wait a day, right?' so why not give it a try. September was about to end, I was expecting it to be little cooler so that I can dress and attend the parade.

A day before, the camera is cleaned, memory cards are formatted, batteries are charged and put everything in my backpack. Couldn't seep in the night because I felt uncomfortable with the thoughts of going out fully dressed in a parade. In the morning, I discovered the heat is high and I would not be able to be comfortable and take pictures if I go as a girl. I stepped out as the dude with all the camera and its gears hanging on shoulder, the heat was really high.

The first thing I noticed was the crowd. Hundreds of gays, lesbians and like every kind of people were just waiting for the parade to begin. I had seen many parades before, but this was a unique one. Most of the guys were in bras, blouses, wigs and you know the typical scene of the 'Gayborhood'. I was only numb to react to anything, but people were super friendly and nice; with the big camera in my hand they started posing infront me and gave me a good spot to start shooting for the parade. How was the parade? in simple word it was 'Awesome'; see for yourself in the pictures.

At one moment, when some of the most beautiful dragqueens were performing, I was able to snap several shots. I quickly reviewed most of the pictures just to discover them not up to the expectations, but the moments were gone and what else would I do? My inner voice finally uttered some words in my skull 'what are you doing here? why not to go behind those queeens? they are dragqueens dude!' and with the high expectations I was able to catch them at the end of the parade.

The real fun began at that moment. I asked one of the queen who I found to be the most beautiful to pose for some photos. She posed several times, in several ways. OMG, I can't put the feeling of how lucky I was that moment. When she was posing, other queens also joined in her poses and I was like 'is it happening for real?'. I came close to another queen and she told me she is a girl. We had a pretty long chat talking about their experience, preparation and mostly about makeup. I told her that I am a Crossdresser and showed her some of my pictures on my cell phone. She and other drag-queens complimented me for my looks and makeup skills. This was another relieving moment of my life where I told a GG that I am a CD and she is discussing me about dresses and makeup. The girly chit chat almost made me feel like a 100% girl even if I was not dressed. My decision of continuing dressing up and going out, has finally given me some form of enjoyment which a normal guy will never get. How can someone forget the feel of the first kiss? and how can I forget the first feel of being a real girl?

I am sure there are lots of other feelings of 'first time' and am really curious to know from all of my friends reading this post. I hope I wrote sensibly enough to convince everyone that their lies an inner beauty in every soul. The soul doesn't has a gender, so love people and not the gender. Thanks for taking time to read this.

The pictures are posted on my Flickr page below. Please feel free to comment on any of the picture, they are always welcome.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125961...57647852227660

Hazel.

Sounds wonderful, and youre so good at describing the events. Thanks for sharing.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Ok so Ive got a question, being a little naive about the gay community I've always heard most drag queens resent true crossdressers mostly because we are usually straight, is that true. I mean I'm sure they are ok with our expression but don't want anything to do with us

Love the shots on flickr Hazel and great words about the parade and not about the parade. Sounds like you could have been dressed however you like and no problem. I understand about the heat and have had enough this year. We are about the hottest in the nation and at 92 today Im happy about the cool front coming friday morning. You did right the parade its only once a year and yea dude can wait.
    Last edited by missVS; 10-01-2014 at 11:43 PM.

Hazel,
    Those many first first time experiences you have always will leave a special feeling and fond memories with you forever.

I still reflect on my first time experiences often.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Great pics. Wish I could have gone to the parade and picnic in Lee park. Saturday was a hot day. You could have worn a bikini ;-) Just wait until the Halloween Parade at the Crossroads.

Nice pictures, I would love to do a parade in a large city, ours is so small it's over almost before it starts.
    Great to see you Texas gals still honor the Big Hair, Texas gals are known for it!
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Some great pictures and can see that the parade was a success also. Drag Queens have always fascinated me with all the makeup. I love makeup also and dressing and usually go over the top in applying the makeup. Maybe I should be on another site but your pictures are beautiful of all the parade... Thanks for sharing your photos with us.

Quote Originally Posted by LeighR View Post
    Ok so Ive got a question, being a little naive about the gay community I've always heard most drag queens resent true crossdressers mostly because we are usually straight, is that true. I mean I'm sure they are ok with our expression but don't want anything to do with us
    There are DQs and there are DQs, not all are the same. Some of the queens in the photo may not even perform, thus they aren't really drag queens in the context of performers. I imagine some, if not most, were just CDs in exaggerated dress.

As for resentment, some do some don't. Those who do probably, just guessing, do so because some DQs are not trans and don't consider themselves to be CD, but instead are gay (not all) men putting on an act, and do not want to be thought of as CDs or trans.
    DonnaT

Sounds like you had a great time, and your photos turned out great!

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Great write up and great pictures. Definitely have to give the DQs style points.Hazel you can totally pass so dont hesitate to head out en femme.