Thread: Androgyny and Cross Dressing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Androgyny and Cross Dressing

I am curious about others opinions on the relationship between androgyny and cross dressing. Lately there have been few relevant threads which got me questioning where I stand and question my own situation. For a long time now I felt like I need to dress completely and try to pass (blend) as a woman when I want to go out in public. I think sometimes I can blend in if I don’t open my mouth . But there is also another side of me who constantly fantasise about going out in public with combinations of typical masculine and feminine apparel. For example recently I had some online shopping delivered to my house and I was super excited to try my new skirt on so I just put it on without any makeup (3 days Facial growth) , wig or breast forms (actually I don’t own any forms, I just use fillets and push up bras). I just put a simple white singlet and some heels. I was quite happy with the my reflection on the mirror and I just wished that I could be out and about as I was. These feelings are not new to me and I really struggle with it at times.

I know that there are members here, who think similar to me, I am not sure if we are the majority of minority?? One of my theory is that maybe for some; cross dressing escalates so much (wigs, makeup, breast forms, hip pads ect..) as our need to go out and interact with the world increases and safest way to do that is to blend in.

Do you think as (if) androgynous expression and clothing gets popular would that be the end of cross dressing??

Sonya
    Last edited by Sonya; 10-06-2014 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Adjusted my theory a little