Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Androgyny and Cross Dressing

Nice question.
    For me I dress male or female.
    I use to dress very sexy and curvy as a female but now I just want to blend in and not cause anyone to even notice.
    although,
    When I dress as a guy I always have something feminine on underneath.

I can relate more with Prene when I dress as a male I tend to wear something feminine underneath and continue to to shave my legs, arms etc. occasionally I may head to the gym with women jogging pants that are fitted in the rear and thighs and wide under the knees (they have to somewhat resemble men's pants ). But I don't use them to workout though just to get into the gym during the winter months. When I dress feminine I tend to put everything effort to look feminine with whatever God gave me to work with.

For me androgynous or as Nadine said non-confirming is what I prefer. Almost every day I wear woman's clothes mixed with clothes from the men's department. However, I always wear earrings and most often nail polish. However, I do enjoy dressing all the way with forms and makeup.

Richelle

I never wanted to be a girl. I just wanted to wear their clothes. When I realized I could wear their clothes and not present female, it freed me!

I started wearing hose and shorts in public. No one noticed. I eventually ventured out in women's shorts and androgynous shoes. No one noticed. I eventually tried darker hose a couple times. People noticed, but still treated me with respect. Then I tried going out in a skirt, black hose, blouse, flats. Everyone noticed, but they took their look and then tried not to stare. After that, I started doing more while dressed. I always present my normal male head, no breasts, wigs, or makeup. I try to go out during school hours and I try to avoid places where tourists might be with cameras. (Phones have changed that dynamic!) I try to do normal things. People aren't really all that shocked to see a guy in a dress. Everyone treats me with respect for the most part. Some snicker and/or tell their friends if they see me from a distance. They don't realize I can see them, I suppose. I have posted most of my experiences going out like this. Take a look at my previous posts if you are interested. Sometimes other partial dressers from this forum speak up in the replies about their similar attitudes.

Now, if they started selling men's skirts and made some shoes or garments unisex, would I stop buying women's clothes for these outings??? I don't know... Would I be satisfied if it wasn't from the women's section? Currently, I do not wear men's spandex bikini briefs, I wear panties. I do not wear men's pantyhose, I wear women's. The anecdotal data suggests that I would keep buying women's wear. But I consider this quite insufficient to convince me.

Joey

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjohanne View Post
    I never wanted to be a girl. I just wanted to wear their clothes. When I realized I could wear their clothes and not present female, it freed me!

I started wearing hose and shorts in public. No one noticed. I eventually ventured out in women's shorts and androgynous shoes. No one noticed. I eventually tried darker hose a couple times. People noticed, but still treated me with respect.

Joey
    This is about as far as I have gotten. Still want to try a skirt sometime soon.

Brenn

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjohanne View Post

I started wearing hose and shorts in public. No one noticed. I eventually ventured out in women's shorts and androgynous shoes. No one noticed. I eventually tried darker hose a couple times. People noticed, but still treated me with respect. Then I tried going out in a skirt, black hose, blouse, flats. Everyone noticed, but they took their look and then tried not to stare. After that, I started doing more while dressed. I always present my normal male head, no breasts, wigs, or makeup. I try to go out during school hours and I try to avoid places where tourists might be with cameras. (Phones have changed that dynamic!) I try to do normal things. People aren't really all that shocked to see a guy in a dress. Everyone treats me with respect for the most part. Some snicker and/or tell their friends if they see me from a distance. They don't realize I can see them, I suppose. I have posted most of my experiences going out like this. Take a look at my previous posts if you are interested. Sometimes other partial dressers from this forum speak up in the replies about their similar attitudes.

Now, if they started selling men's skirts and made some shoes or garments unisex, would I stop buying women's clothes for these outings??? I don't know... Would I be satisfied if it wasn't from the women's section? Currently, I do not wear men's spandex bikini briefs, I wear panties. I do not wear men's pantyhose, I wear women's. The anecdotal data suggests that I would keep buying women's wear. But I consider this quite insufficient to convince me.

Joey
    Oh how I can relate. I've been under dressing for years as well as wearing woman's heeled ankle boots and women dressy trousers. Just recently tried the skirt thing. So far I've been out in public 3 times. I've only encountered 1 comment directly at me. A guy asked me if it was comfortable. The only negative is that the wife doesn't want me in a skirt out in public while with her.
    Last edited by AlanaG; 10-21-2014 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica Marie View Post
    As far as the line between being androgynous and crossdressing. Its kind of confusing because to be androgynous you must wear clothing of the opposite sex but it is more of the overall look. Someone would actually have to look twice and decide if you are a boy or girl, not just a boy in girls cloths or a girl in boys cloths. A three day shadow and a skirt is not being androgynous, its more about what you like to wear.
    Yes to this.

It is really more about how you look naked. If you have androgynous features then you can push your clothed look towards androgyny. If you don't, and I don't, then you just look like a guy in a dress. (Just check out "people of walmart" to see plenty of examples of that not done well.)

Gender nonconforming, yes, but androgynous, no. Really, androgyny and crossdressing aren't measured on the same scale.

As a teenager I was thin and more or less hairless on my body. I didn't need to shave often and it took very little effort to look more or less feminine. In the sense that I did not look "strongly" male one could say I was borderline androgynous. Sadly, a more masculine look has developed as one has aged and "thickened".
    I look back wistfully on those years and wish that I had taken more advantage of my "androdgyny". These days I work hard to make sure that I look as feminine as possible.

For me, I enjoy both andro and full CD. Everyday and all the time I'm rather andro with much longer than guy and many girls nails and long hair (down to the bar strap). I enjoy this because there is always a little of Samantha looking back at me when I look into the mirror. I sometimes augument the full time look with mascara and colored glossy lipstick. This feels very comfortable to me and more 'natural' than fully CD. However I very much enjoy full CD too but can do that only when I have a significant amount of time to make it worth the effort to get all dolled up.
    Who do I feel like today?

Platinum Member
    Hi Sonya, When I dress I want to look the best that I can.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!