Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An interesting question

Although i never got caught i came very close more than once .I know i would have been horrified at getting caught and not really sure if my mom would of asked that question .But if she did back then i would of unforunatly said no way.
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Hi Joan
    What a great little fantasy to entertain. Had I ever been caught in this situation I would have to agree with many of the other girls here and say "no" but I guess let's look at the age spectrum. At 5 I probably would have gone as, well mum knows best and I may not have been brain washed to think that what I was doing was wrong, plus social interactions with other kids may not have shaped and negative perspective on the idea.
    At 15, well the embarrassment would have been too great and heaven forbid if anyone found out!
    As I write this I can recall a few minor incidents within that age bracket and now ponder how different life would now be if I were to have been encouraged to express my femininity.
    Damn social norms!!!
    Luv
    Amanda

My mom is proud of that fact that she raised 6 boys who are "all man." If she would have caught me dressing it would not have been supportive, but if she did offer to take me out I would have refused. Sorry, but I can't see her ever being proud of or encouraging dressing.

OMG yes. I was caught several times. I have been wearing women's things since I was 3-4 years old. When I was about 13 my stepmother was about 32 and had an incredible collection of panties. When she was out my naughty self would go into her drawer and pick out some panties to wear around the house. Sometimes I would keep a pair or two and hide them between the mattress and box spring. Early one morning I was admiring myself in the mirror when she came up the stairs. I closed my robe real fast but she caught me red handed! She talked to my Dad about it and they talked to me about it...I had to give the items back and promise to never do it again...HA! I was afraid they were gonna ship me off somewhere to get "fixed". They chalked it up to puberty and a young man's curiosity. They just didn't ask me the right questions. Too bad she never offered to buy some for me. I would have gladly accepted even at 13. I was also caught by my mother at a much younger age but I don't remember what happened exactly. I was always envious going shopping with Mom and going to look at the lingerie. I always wanted to know (inside) why I couldn't buy some of the nice silky panties...life seemed so unfair. I never asked her to buy me any though. Maybe should would have if I had asked her.

I would have in an instant.

This question reminds me of a Christmas years ago when I was young. My sister received a skirt and mom looked at it and was like, "This skirt would fir you better than it would her." (My sister was a bit larger than I)

First time home alone, I realized my mother was right, it sure did fit me better.

Gold Member
    When I was 4 or 5, I would go into my mothers closet ant try on her girdles.
    At the time, it was a big laugh.
    At the age of about 10, she caught me hiding a few of her girdles under my mattress
    of my bed. I got a "BIG" talking to. Well I discovered that I could build a secret hiding
    place for "MY" things in the bottom of a built in dresser drawer in my closet.
    So I built the secret compartment using it to hide 10 or 12 woman's fashions.
    I had a few woman's bathing suits, those where my favorites.
    We moved out of the house many years later; I bet there is still some things left behind
    hidden there.
    Rader

I never really had the urge to dress up when I was younger and with 3 older sisters there were plenty of temptations, even when my sisters tried to dress me for Halloween my mother put her foot down and" no son of hers was going to dress up like a girl". Then around 13 I noticed girls for other reasons than their clothes which I tried to get them out of and not for me to wear. So I guess the answer would be no, phew took the long road on answering that question huh? But maybe in another lifetime Yes.

I can only wish I was caught by my mother. She was my ideal woman. Dressed so feminine and I always watched her. I would take her panties when I was 15 and never take them back. I ruined a pair of her shoes and a long night gown but she never said anything. I wanted so bad for her to know! Now she's gone and I regret never telling her. She would have loved a daughter.

I thought I was never caught, but then I remembered trying on a pair of my mother's heels, bright yellow. I was about 13 and my feet had already outgrown my mothers by 2 or 3 sizes, I forced my feet into the shoes with a shoehorn, tried walking and stretched (maybe ripped) the shoes on one side. I tried to glue them with some epoxy and painted with some model car paint. No way she could have missed it, but I never heard a word about it. If my mother had offered to take me shopping I would probably have been wary, but I would probably have gone.

Silver Member
    My mother put me in panties at 5. I was out of underwear and she had me wear a pair my sister's panties. From then on I always wanted to wear girl's clothes. I think if she had asked me I would have said yes. But in the 50s there were no malls so it would have been dress shops.

What I do remember, is watching my mom get my older sister all pretty to go to school. I was 3 or 4, and such attention was never paid to me. So while that was going on, I went up stairs to the attic and took some of my sister's old clothes, put them on, went downstairs and presented myself, saying that I was ready to go to school too. Mom just got me changed back into my boy clothes, and we walked my sister to school. Then home again for me. At which, mom asked me if I really wanted to wear those clothes, but in such a way to imply that I should not, so of course I responded no, I just wanted to go to school like my sister did. That was the last time I openly wore girl clothes in front of anyone in my family.
    At the time it happened, I didn't understand. I clearly remembered my mom dressing me up in girl clothes when I was much younger, so I thought it was OK. I had even rummaged through all the old clothes, and found the toddler dresses that my mom had dressed me up in. So discovering that now I wasn't supposed to wear girl clothes, was confusing. I wondered if maybe it was only OK for babies to dress up like that? What I did know was that I didn't ever see any other boys dressed as girls. I guess that was the first time I was learning to keep certain feelings to myself.

Edit. The concept that very young children ARE allowed to wear clothes of the opposite sex was reinforced to me a short time later, when a relative male child was baptised, and was dressed in a pretty gown. At later ages, it further confused me as I realized that my mom had kept dressing me as a girl at older ages than I knew other mom's did for boys.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 11-05-2014 at 04:57 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

At the time probably not, considering my age and experience then, but with what I feel now...
    I would accept in a heartbeat also.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I was never caught, but I have a somewhat related story. When I was in my early 20s, I was asked to help out with an event. I would need to dress like a woman. Even though I was on a purge cycle, I immediately accepted on the opportunity. I asked a friendly female co-worker who was tall, and size 18/20 if I could borrow a dress for the event. She gladly helped. Then I went to a department store and for the first time, I bought pantyhose admitting they were for myself. I was brave enough to claim them because I had an excuse. I went to my girlfriend's house and used the bathroom. I came out of the bathroom wearing the pantyhose and dress. She didn't turn my way. I was standing there in obviously female clothes, in front of someone who knows me, for the first time, and she did not notice. When she finally turned toward me, and saw I was there in a dress, she laughed and discussed it briefly, and then I went and took it off. I commented on how I liked how the hose felt. I kind of hoped that she was say, "If you like them, wear them," but she did not. On some subsequent days, I suggested me putting on the pantyhose, and she disapproved. Later, my girlfriend and I bought some androgynous men's shoes to wear with the dress and to work in the following year. We went to a wig shop and bought a $25 cast-off wig. It was curly and bushed out a bit much, but it looked good enough. I sat in the wig hairdresser's chair. While she styled my hair, she told me some stories about some of her other male shoppers who shop for their female persona. She was respectful of them.

As the date of the event approached, my mother helped me with my costume. I put on what I had and she laughed until tears flowed. Then she started making me a bra with padding. She had to put an extension on the clasp because my chest was so much wider than hers. She produced a slip that was not silky. Somehow along the way, I was allowed to try on a different color of pantyhose. She presented her pantyhose drawer to me and I was free to try on whatever I wanted. Now, I had done this many times, but never with her knowing... I tried on several colors and showed her each. I sat there in pantyhose in front of my mother for an hour or two. At one point, while wearing some nude hose and shorts, I went into the living room and watched TV with my dad. This was amazing! At one point, I hinted to my mother about me wearing panties instead of my briefs (purge cycle had removed any female clothes from my stash). She disapproved.

The date of the event came. I shaved my legs for the first time in my life. My mom and girlfriend were surprised. I got dressed. My girlfriend did my makeup. We went to the event. Afterward, I dressed in men's clothes, but kept the pantyhose on. I realized that I had forgotten my socks. I was brave and kept on my navy blue hose and had no socks. We went as a group to a fast food restaurant. I worried that the general public would notice, but of course no one did. Later, some of my friends saw that I still had on the hose, but the didn't say anything. When we got back to the house, the friends I was staying with for the night mentioned the hose were still on. I explained I forgot socks in my bag (honestly, I did!). I took off my shoes and said something positive about them. They (my friends and my girlfriend) openly suggested it was time to take them off. So I did. Much later when I confessed my dressing to my girlfriend, she never suggested that she thought anything of the incident. She already knew that I liked the feel of the fabric from when she had worn them around me.

A few weeks after the event, I was washing dishes with my mother and I confessed that I had worn the hose in the previous week. I assume she had seen them in my sock drawer. She reacted in an awkward, disapproving way. I told her because I wanted to see if she would react like it was nothing. It might have been an opportunity to own some hose openly. Since she was disapproving, I dropped it. The week after that, I gave her the hose since "I had no need for them." And then, I was back to being purged.
    Last edited by jjjjohanne; 11-05-2014 at 06:55 AM.

Yes, it is an interesting question. It's easy for this old brain to say "Yes" but my young embarrassed self probably would have said "no". Around age 10 or so I was caught playing with lipstick and punished by my dad with my mom silently compliant. Without his strong religious-based conservative lead, I think she would have been more understanding. Until, that is, she learned that I crossdressed for sexual excitement. I don't think she could have supported that. Not all of us are girly-guys inside.

My mother never confronted me about knowing that I regularly dressed in her clothes. She did know, though, but chose to look the other way rather than confront me and embarrass both of us. Once,when I was about 12-13, however, I was shopping with her in a department store. We passed a bin full of bras for young girls. She, pointedly, asked me if I wanted her to buy me a couple. I was too embarrassed to say yes, but I kicked myself repeatedly for not doing so. If I had said yes, she would have, either, followed through on her offer, or not. It would, however, have led to being able to communicate with her about my true desires. What that would have led to, I have no idea. On the one hand, I believe that she would have rather had a daughter. On the otherhand, she was enormously proud of me as her son. Also, this occurred in the early 60's when men were men and women were women. My refusal of her offer led me down the well-worn path. Who really knows what would have transpired had I said yes. I do know that I am still dressing.

My Mom, brother and sister caught me a number of time. I was really young and did not know enough to hide very well. At that young age and into adulthood I though I were some type freak, because I like to wear female clothing. Knowing that I would have never gone with anyone to be dressed or buy cloths.

Banned Read only
    I only wish my mother could have caught me and offered to help. She died of cancer when I was six. My father caught me a few times and that meant a fist to the face and being knocked clear across the room then left in a lump on the floor until I could get back to my feet.

Just a thought...why are there always extra panties (sister's or wife's) but men's underwear seems to always be in short supply
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Not back then, no. Because even if my mom and my sister both fully accepted the idea of me cross dressing, and even if I never hoped to wear the girly stuff outside our home, I am certain my father and grandparents would have died of shame, and would have disowned me. And for that matter, most of my friends back then would probably not have accepted seeing me dressing up as a girl. I can only think of one person I knew when I was that age that I might have felt would accept me cross dressing, and that was the older boy that gave me my first intimate sexual experience. But I was too confused and ashamed to follow up with him after our one and only intimate encounter, and he died in a traffic accident less than a year later, so I wouldn't have even had him for support. I didn't tell anyone about that one early gay experience or about my bisexual leanings or trying on mom's clothes until I married a woman when I was 23 or so, and admitted it to her before we tied the knot. And my wife only knew I wore girly panties, when I started trying that after my father died a few years ago. She never knew I wanted to fully cross dress.

On the other hand, after my wife died and when I recently came out of the closet as an adult to my 18 year old daughter, my daughter volunteered to take me to the mall and shop for girly stuff with me, and we DO go mall shopping together once a week now. Haven't had the courage to go to the mall with her yet en-femme, but we shop for clothes and jewelry together, and I even slip into the dressing rooms and try things on there (though usually I take the girl clothes to a men's dressing room to try them, since I look fully male). She wants me to go to the mall with her as Ceera, and some day soon, I will...
    Last edited by Ceera; 11-05-2014 at 05:44 PM.

I was never caught which is a miracle in a small three bedroom house with six children. My Mother did once insist I wore a pair of my sister's panties but that was for the pragmatic reason that mine were all dirty. I was reluctant but she pointed out that no one would notice and they were rather plain.

Speculating though, if she did catch me it would have been around the age of twelve onwards because that's when it started. I wonder what her reaction would be. I never wore her clothes ever by the way. I suspect she would have told me to take them off and never do it again and left it at that. She is a kind but practical woman and with five other kids to worry about and hardly any money in the house, bringing me shopping was not a likely event. I often did go shopping with her though which I always loved. She has great taste but never had the money to express it. She would try on things and ask my opinion and we would dig into various piles of clothes in the cheaper shops in the city. That would happen even until recent years. She didn't like so much shopping with my sisters as they are often impatient and bossy. I am more chilled.

As it is many of my sister's clothes came from her best friend in Chicago. The arrival of the parcel from America every few months loaded with exotic American clothes was a great event. All girls stuff and too small for me anyway. A lot of Sears stuff which gave me the impression that Sears was a fabulous place! My first visit to a Sears store when I got to America was a nostalgia trip.

But I digress. There is a real possibility she did know but said nothing. I did notice a few hints over the years but nothing obvious. That would be typical of her.

Sadly she is ill now and may not be around much longer.

Aspiring Member
    My mother did catch me a few times trying on my sister's panty girdle, she always offer to buy me one but never did. I often wonder what would have happened if she did. But here I am some fifty years later and still enjoy wearing my own feminine attire. Now if I could just push that door open once again like I was doing about ten years ago. I used to go out during the day and evenings and didn't care who saw me. Took a rest from it now find it hard to push that door back open.

Banned Read only
    Jorja oils the door hinges for Sharon.

Yes, I would have gone with my mother to buy girl clothes. We shopped together frequently for my boy clothes and she often brought me along for company while she bought clothes for herself. On top of it, she was seamstress, so I was used to being with her in dress shops and the women's clothing sections of department stores. She never knew (or at least let on that she knew) about my crossdressing while growing up, but if she did and was supportive of it, I would have been very comforable going to stores to buy girl clothes for me.

I never got caught either, altho there were some close calls. My mother would have raised aall kinds of hell, though, if she ever found out. My a** would have been grass, as we used to say.

Platinum Member
    Hi Joan, I've never been caught, but it's a great fantasy.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!