Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange places

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I was at an auction some years ago where they were selling all the construction stuff they had left over from doing a housing development. I bought a pallet of boxes of plumbing fittings that had rows of boxes three high, like 12 boxes in all. When I got them back and went through them only one of them, that was marked 3" tee was taped shut. I cut the tape and opened the box and it was full of womens lingerie, including some really cute baby doll nighties. None of it looked like it have ever been worn, unfortuanately none of it was my size or my wifes size so I took it all to the Salvation Army store.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

If it could only talk.

Aspiring Member
    I also think that some things found in bags along the roadside might be the result of a purge.

My only experience was finding in a high school classrom on a shelf a beautiful girl's white fur winter hat left behind over a weekend. No one was around but I was able to stuff it into my winter jacket. For the rest of the winter and by myself walking in the dark around town I wore it. It was OH SO warm with the furry attached ear muffs! What a thrill!

Cheryl

Most of these finds are too gross to even think about. Yech. That being said ...

I was a cross country runner in High School, and we went on a training run through the woods. Along the path, there was the body of an old car and a pair of pantyhose hanging next to it. May someone without a real car to his GF parking. I was really curious, but there was no way to get it without the risk of outing myself. But it was there for a while.

In college, I found some panties in the laundry room. While I wanted to throw them in with my wash, I didn't. But somehow they ending up in my dry laundry accidentally. Honest. These were the first panties that were ever mine. But I was too scared to keep them.

After that I did acquire some panties, bras and pantyhose from the laundry room. But I would leave them there for a few weeks to make sure the owner didn't find out that they were missing and come back to get them. After that, they were mine.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I drove a taxi for years and found a "little black dress" in the back seat of my cab one day as I was getting ready to start my shift. It fit me but I didn't like the way it looked on me.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Hi, There was a thread a while ago on this same subject. People were a little wary of picking up roadside finds of clothing. My thoughts were that it would probably be okay if washed before wearing. Also don't take the clothes if they were on a body.

The strangest thing I saw on the roadside was on a ramp leading to Newark,NJ, at first I thought it was an arm but to my amusement it was the largest dildo one could imagine. Needless to say I did not pick it up.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

As a teen I spotted a pair of lacy red panties by the side of road one day. Each day I passed, they were still there. Eventually, the lure was too much and I grabbed them and took them home. After washing them I found they were a bit ripped so I got my mum's sewing kit and mended them, not too wonderful a job but not bad. Finally had a pair that I didn't need to "borrow"! In hindsight, this was an icky thing to do, but at that age my hormones ruled the roost!

Angela xx

Shopping at a Salvation Army store sale is about as wild as I get. No roadway runway stock in my closet.

Andy... not a great idea. I talked to the complex management and they lost their deposit and got charged a cleanup fee.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Shelby, I didnt think of that. I just thought it was nice of them to give stuff to their neighbors. Last time I moved I left the stuff I couldnt take (some of it was nice), left the door unlocked, and told some neighbors to help themselves. I didnt get charged a fee or anything.

Silver Member
    I have seen shoes hanging from power lines (usually sneakers, not heels) but that is about as weird as I have seen.

Hanging your old sneakers from power lines was an odd fad around, not sure, the early 80s I guess. People can be strange.

watch out for shoes hanging from power lines...

that's where the drug deals go down!

Silver Member
    Driving down a country road I found a nearly new bra years ago. It did fit. Another find was a bunch of nylon nurse's uniforms which were snug, but I enjoyed them. Weirdest one was when I walked into a meeting and there were 50 panties hanging from the ceiling. The boss did it as a joke to motivate everyone. That was fine when I was alone in the room I took several pairs home. The last thing I found was when I was checking my rental I noticed stuff in its trash can which should have been empty. When I checked it out the neighbor had used it to discard a bunch of her clothes. I found out we wore the same size bras, but she had gained weight and discarded them. She did have very good and expensive taste in lingerie. She also discarded some nearly new thongs but I didn't save them. The rest of the clothes were worthless.

I found a slightly padded black bra in a dryer at the laundramat a month ago. It more or less fits, but is a little snug. A "bra extender" should fix me right up.

I found a beautiful scraf on the side walk, In perfect shape and clean.
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller

Have been looking on-line to identify the bra. There are no tags or other markings, so it's been tough.

I have now found the bra and it's a Vanity Fair Beauty Back Full Figure Underwire Bra 76145.

I said previously the winner was: SOMA Embraceable No Show Minimizer Bra.
    Last edited by susann_gardener; 12-21-2014 at 01:02 PM.
    Susann_Gardener

Aspiring Member
    I can not say I have ever "found" anything that was even tempting. I have seen heels on the side of the road but usually in far too small of a size. Used shoes and used underthings kind of gives me the creeps anyway........

A few years ago I biked to St. Charles, MO and found a nice purple colored plain long skirt by the road, which I often wore as a short dress. The elastic eventually wore out, but I found ways around that. In Boston in 05 I was walking or bike riding somewhere near my apartment and saw a convertible go by. A woman was on the passenger side and her scarf blew out of the car. I motioned and waved, then I picked it up so no other cars would run over it. I waited to see if they'd come back for it, but they didn't, so it's mine now. Oh, and in Manchester, NH about 3 years ago and Indian or maybe African lady apparently dropped a very large pretty scarf on the sidewalk.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

The Mad Scientist
    I think I might have most of these beat.

Years ago, I was SCUBA diving in a local lake and there was a clothing line with clothes hung on them. The lake is actually used for drinking water in the area and it had rained a lot in the past few months and recently. I can only presume some poor campsite was flooded and they left the clothes in haste.

I dutifully picked them off the line and surfaced only to find no owners. Back down I went to finish my dive.

No, none of the clothes were of interest to me ... at the time.

It is a funny and completely true story though.

Back when I was 15 I was riding my bicycle in a bit of remnant bushland beside a creek, plenty of trees and bushes - a low lying muddy area after rain. It that was a great place to ride with the tracks weaving in and out of the vegetation and lots of humps and hollows as well - long before I ever heard the term "mountain bike"! In one of the hollows I saw a discarded bra which made me go back and check it out. It was blue, embroided and small, probably a size 8 (didn't know about sizes in those days). I quickly shoved it in my pocket before my mate wondered where I was. I got it home and was able to wash the mud off and get it dry. I wore it to bed that night and loved the feeling...
    I lost it when my stash mysteriously disappeared some time later.

Hugs
    Amari

Back when I hiked the AT, in Conn beside a river in an out of the way spot, I found a G-string hanging on a bush. Someone had a delightful time.
    Susann_Gardener

I once found a pair of womens panties hanging from a bolt underneath my truck after i ran over someones suitcase that fell out of a van because they didn't latch the door properly or does that count?

Years ago I used to hike out in the desert quite often. One day I ran across what looked like a small furry animal in a palo verde tree. Further inspection revealed it was a wig, and quite a nice one at that. As I plucked it from the tree, I noticed there was more clothing...a skirt, pantyhose, bra, and camisole, all laying about. Didn't take any of the clothing, but the wig was an expensive brand, so I kept it and took it home. Soaked it in some mild detergent, and used it for a few months until my next purge.

On another hike on the other side of the valley, I ran across several pairs of heels, unfortunately all were way too small for me, and a half-dozen pairs of pantyhose. Didn't keep anything that time. Guessed it was probably another CD'er purging his stash.
    Last edited by SandraInHose; 12-27-2014 at 11:06 PM.
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I answered a Craigslist ad about some plus size clothes for sale a few months back. The lady had agreed to sell me the items in my size for $25. Well, she wanted EVERYTHING gone so she ended up giving me all of it for $35. Then, as I thought I was done, she asked me to come back into her home office and take the items out of there- there were purses, slips, and bras still new in the box, along with more shorts and blouses. Ended up with over 250 items. I didn't ask, but couldn't help but wonder if she was purging a CD's collection, because none of the clothes were anywhere near her size.

Our babysitter gave us a box of clothes her son outgrew. Included were two plus size active pants. I don't think she meant to. She used to own a consignment store selling plus size clothes.