Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it all in your head?

Banned Read only

Is it all in your head?

Or do you use a checklist? An actual piece of PAPER the way a pilot would/might?

BEFORE you leave your house of course. Of course this is directed to the full dressers. It seems likely you would check the mirror before leaving the house and that lipstick, wig and forms would be obviously missing/crooked etc. What might some other less obvious things be that would be easy to forget?

It's all in my head.........and sometimes I miss something. Nothing major but still it bothers me. Sometimes it's mascara or perfume.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Yes, I've had the same fears. Sometimes it's a little thing like wondering if my real hair is showing under my wig.

I have used a checklist a few times when preparing for a major out of town party and I was afraid I would forget to pack something I would need far from home. I don't use one for daily dressing or brief outings around town. I've also been known to use a calendar program to schedule nail appointments, dropping off and picking up dry cleaning, necessary shopping stops for that spare pair of hose, etc. when preparing for a major dressing event.

- Diane

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I use a checklist when I'm packing for a Sherry trip. I worry A LOT MORE about how Sherry looks at home in a shoot than I do when I go out dressed.

Sherry looks good. I look like warmed over oatmeal dressed, even if everything is perfect!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

If I forget it,,,,,
    Hard luck.
    There's always next time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Maybe if I were trying to look perfect. I'm not, just adequate.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I never used check lists. Actually, once I forgot the wallet with drive license and money at home and I was forced to come back. Luckily none saw me.

I hate to admit to it but when I go out I always carry a gym bag with a full change of male clothes and everything I need to look like my male self just in case I get into a situation that I have to change it all out

I do have a check list in my head, but
    I am more serious about the checklist on the tradition back

I don't venture outside, I don't have a desire to. I do find it interesting what we have to go through to go out in public trying to be as convincing as possible. From the looks of some of you I would say that you do a great job of blending.

I have forgotten jewelry (earrings, bracelets, rings), eye brows, lipstick, my butt (on more than one one occasion), hips, forms. I don't have a list
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    deodorant....i know gross ,but true....

I'm a list-maker in general, for grocery shopping, project bill of materials, things to do/take when going away from home. I make a list for CDing when going out of town - things to do, take, buy, etc. to make sure I have all I need. But for a dressup session, no list is needed. I know what to do.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I only use a list when packing for a vacay, and then only because my wife recently made me a list.

But for just going out? No, no list. And yes I have forgotten things occasionally. What? Eyebrows, lipstick (frequently,) jewelry (hate that!) And I think that is it. Oh wait, occasionally I have forgotten to do an extra close shave with my electric razor.

Thrilling, I know!

Not a list maker, but I do try to do a mental checklist. Most times it's necklaces I forget to put on.

Reality Check
    No paper list. It's in my head, just as it is when I go out in male mode.

I might make less trouble for myself if I would learn to use lists the way my wife does. Maybe a checklist would have saved me the other day from going to the health club swimming pool wearing eyeliner, lipstick and earrings. Maybe I should just learn to check the mirror before I go out en drab, same as I can't help doing en femme.

As long as I got my house and car keys, my wallet and my phone.. I'm good.
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

I keep everything in a purse that I would need if I were to go out but since I don't go out really no need to list off everything. Maybe a checklist would be better just for staying at home dressing as my purse is really heavy with all my accessories that I don't need as well as those I do. I mean how many tubes of dark red lipstick do I need anyway. .....

Platinum Member
    Hi WAH, We have a 6' closet with a double set of mirror bi-fold doors and if
    I open both sets about halfway it makes the perfect dressing room mirrors.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Having a touch of OCD I have a mental list for everything when I go anywhere anytime in any mode.
    I have a sequence I follow so I don't miss anything.
    The only time I've forgotten something was the first time I went out dressed. My wife and I went to a mall in Pa and it wasn't until I was half way there that I realized I hadn't worn earrings. Of course the first store we went to was to shop for a pair and immediately put them on.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    It's all in my head but I check and then I check again: do I have my keys, money, did I get gas, is my wig on right, are my seams straight, is this the right purse, do these shoes go with the purse, am I going to "blend" so I "pass"?
    And then, when it's all over and I'm about to go out the door, I check one last time.
    The one time I left the house without my drab stuff in a duffle bag I had car problems 20 miles from home. I had to take a taxi home while "dressed".
    The bad part is that I can "pass" if I don't speak. That cab ride wasn't in the least bit enjoyable.
    Now I check, and double-triple check and ALWAYS make sure I have a drab outfit in the car with handywipes to wipe off the makeup if I ever have car problems again.
    Last edited by CherylFlint; 10-14-2014 at 11:04 PM.

I've never written anything down, but I have a mental check list that I apply every time I'm dressed totally and ready to go out.

Hi Chery,

= I can pass if i dont speak.= oh dear, That seems to be a hall mark of many dresser,s.

I do a lot of talking with many people and over sea,s and in front of people at meetings,

I only ever had one comment from a ... Night lady... who said to me i would need to do something with my voice, Little did she know years later my voice did change,

You will have the advantage over myself in another matter , I,ll use your ...I can pass... do i nope oh well cant have every thing,

Oh yea the ? is it all in your head, er what , not much up there now ,walk out the door and no makeup , and forget my lippy and no eye brow liner , tough, i just carry on , and who cares ...no one...

...noeleena...