Thread: Misgendered

Misgendered

Today I had to present as male because I was visiting my children. (I don't want to get into the reasoning why I had to do that.)
    When we were out, I was constantly misgendered and everyone was calling me sir. I haven't been called sir in almost 2 months now. It's always been miss or ma'am. It sounded so foreign! I almost didn't even respond, thinking they were talking to someone else. I'm so glad I only had to do it for a day! I've been full time for a while now and feel so strange if I have to present as male. It's amazing how things change even after just a short time. While I had a ton of fun with my kids, I'm glad this day is over.
    The longer I walk down this road I call a journey, the more I realize that it's not about passing or not passing. It's about being true to myself and being able to look in the mirror and say to my reflection... "Perfect"

Looking at the signature at the bottom I do hope life is not too painful for you.
    Just keepthat enigmatic smile going and life should be easier.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Ally:

Without pressing you too much, when does the "being true to myself" part start to apply to your relationship with your kids?

We're all pulling for you and hate to see a backside, even if it is for the sake of the children.

Best,
    Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!