Thread: SO Jokes, What are funny things your SO said in a kind of joking way.

SO Jokes, What are funny things your SO said in a kind of joking way.

First off I am sorryy if this has been posted before.

So my wife is kind of in the middle in terms of accpetance of me wearign womans clothes. She knows I have interest in it, but has never seen me or does not really want to have a big part when I do dress. This was our conversation

"You used to dress really extreme, we would be walking in Giant Eagle and you would be able to see you panties. It was almost like we had to always pull down your skirt". and Wife says
    "I had to pull down your skirt" I just thought that was funny and was thinking let's go lol.

What are your SO's comments that they have said to you to kind of make you chuckle a little bit, especially if they are kind of in the middle in terms of acceptance.

I was also just wondering if I should ask her to do my nails when she does hers, I don't know if thats starting to cross the line. I could kind of make a joke and say "you should do my nails" or if that would be too awkward.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 10-13-2014 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Merged posts into one, you can edit your previous post when adding things

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sissyboy2 View Post
    ...but has never seen me or does not really want to have a big part when I do dress.
    Big part? Or ANY part? You'll need to clear this up first, before suggesting involving her as it could backfire BIG time. Nail polish is a fairly minor involvement and even I have managed this (oh yes, it's true) but I offered this myself. Unless you've discussed it or she's suggested it, I wouldn't ask until you've figured out her involvement level. Just my thoughts on that. Oh, and YOU do the polish application. There's nothing better than having your feet pampered...that's really the only reason I agreed to this part

And funny moments? We often have silly banter about my H's dressing (among the obvious disagreements) as it helps keep a heavy issue lighter. I prefer to live with DADT, only it's really only Don't Tell, as I do ask and we do discuss things, so it's not uncommon that a moment will arise for me to make a small joke that only we understand. I'll have to think of what our last one was!
    Last edited by Tinkerbell-GG; 10-13-2014 at 02:31 AM.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I want to keep this light and try to stay away from the dark side. So a while back my wife and were on a trip and we had been in the women's department and I was looking at this pink skirt. I thought it was cute but I didn't have anything that would go with it and it wasn't practical. Then we were in the men's department looking at shirts that were on sale and she points out this pink shirt and I said no not that one. She looked at me and said "oh so you want a pink skirt but not a pink shirt".

Another time I we were discussing the fact that my male underwear was getting pretty ratty (while I do wear panties a lot I still mostly wear men's underwear to work in because it's just better if I do and that discussion about plumbers butt I won't have here) so I told her she should get me some new ones. She looks over at me and says you buy your own panties don't you.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

My wife likes to refer to me as "Susie Homemaker" when I am busy around the house. I like the title.

Sarah Beth, my wife and I have had similar conversations while shopping. She wants me to get more colorful with my male wardrobe. She picked out a shirt for me recently that was also pink and said I look so nice in a pink blouse why not a man's shirt? I thought it was a good argument and bought the shirt.
    Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    My wife always points out the Ross store when we drive past it and always calls it "cRoss dress for less."

Sometimes when getting ready for bed, she'll ask me to help take her bra off. I tell her I'm not wearing her bra.

She likes to steal some of my clothes and then accuse me of taking hers, especially jeans, even when she knows they won't fit me anyway. But it's always playful, not vindictive or mean.

After my legs were shaved prior to my surgery last month, she suggested I pose sexily and she took pics. It wasn't sexy at all but the rest of the time in the hospital, she told me I set up the whole surgery as an excuse to shave my legs.

I remember one real hot sticky night, and bugs would fly in whenever the door had to be open. It was one of those real muggy buggy nights. My wife really hates bugs, but they don't bother me, never have. So, she is swatting away, and being irritated at them and I sort of chuckle at it all. Then she turns to me and says, "why don't you hate bugs, girls hate bugs."
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Banned Read only
    Plenty of funny things have been said but this was the funniest thing:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've posted both these stories before, but anyway...

The day following my big reveal to my (not quite yet) GF, I sent her a message confirming, as I thought, that a scheduled work event would mean that I was the only guy going on the trip with 6 females. (one of whom was her) Her reply was to suggest I change my regular wardrobe "to fit in better" I had expected something like that, and it made me smile. She later checked with me that I didn't take it wrongly. I assured her that I found it quite touching.

About 4 months ago, she came to bed, then reached across to get something started, and when she grasped me around the hips, 'What are you wearing?!" As it happened, the only clean thing to hand was a pair of men's briefs that a rep had distributed as samples at work. (I don't really have any men's stuff these days otherwise) There was no issue once I explained, but I thought it funny that she was startled because I was wearing male underwear!
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

For me, we were in Kohl's, and it was unintentional on her part. There were number of women browsing the sale racks right near where i paused to look at a sweater dress that caught my eye, that was similar to one that i already had. Without thinking about where we were, my wife blurts out, 'I like yours, better!'. The woman on the other side of the rack looks up with this strange look, and my wife starts giggling and walks away. As we're walking away, she said, 'Oooops, it just slipped out!'.
    Margot

Reality Check
    I was washing my breast forms in the bathroom sink (they are self adhesive and you have to wash them to keep the adhesive active) and my wife walked in to get something.

"Washing your boobs, huh?" She said. I replied "Yep". To which she replied "When I want to wash mine I just step into the shower."

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNDERDRESSER View Post

About 4 months ago, she came to bed, then reached across to get something started, and when she grasped me around the hips, 'What are you wearing?!" As it happened, the only clean thing to hand was a pair of men's briefs that a rep had distributed as samples at work. (I don't really have any men's stuff these days otherwise) There was no issue once I explained, but I thought it funny that she was startled because I was wearing male underwear!

I had the same reaction the one time I wore boxers because I was going to the doctor. My wife told me to change when we got home

Robyne always gives me crap about being late and taking forever to leave the house. And she's right! It's probably my most stereotypical "female" characteristic. Even if we're just going to Walmart I might change clothes and fuss over shoes.

Of course, if I'm going in guy mode it takes me 30 seconds to grab the closest pair of jeans and t-shirt. :-D
    Call me Ginger Jameson - Jenna's younger, cockier sister

My wife and I are still in the early stages withy dressing; things are improving but there are still highs and lows.

Last week, we went to counseling together (mostly her turn, I waited in the waiting room). Some of the discussion she had left her with some new questions and she was feeling a bit uneasy. It was a extra quiet evening for a while until she was ready to talk.

As the conversation and emotions waned she leaned over to me, kissed me sweetly, looked me in the eyes and softly whispered, "I made my vows when we married, for better or worse. I've never broken a promise to you and this one is no exception...
    If you ever look prettier than me, I will kick your butt!" Another kiss and a wink!