Thread: When I'm needed

When I'm needed

I'm pretty comfortable with who I am either way, so presenting en femme or en homme is a matter of circumstance and opportunity. Especially since I consider the CDing more or less an art form to begin with and have fun with it by dancing at the club en femme. These days if I have a choice to be with my GF as Rich or go to the club as Ericka, I usually take the first choice unless she is doing something with the family. It's really neat when she is able to come to the club with me and we enjoy the night out together. The other thing is my family, they always come first. I help with my Grandsons as Grandpa and wouldn't change that for the world and can really enjoy them since being retired. I've grown as a person and it's really not a big deal what I look like these days, it's more about who I am as a person and how I feel. Oh I enjoy dressing when I get the chance but my GF and family always come first in priority over the CDing. He might say I'm a semi-retired CDer if there is such a thing. I'm wondering how others' priorities have changed since you've evolved as a person.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My family has always taken the first spot in my life next to God. I believe that the kids and now my Grandkids should always be first in any thing I desire or want that would put them at a discomfort or needing position. My wife is always part of both my CD ing and my family. I love dressing but as I've stated before I love my male side also. I love hunting, fishing, and camping (in our fifth wheel now that we are both older) and just being with the love of my life. I really believe that the reason she has accepted me as a dresser is because she knows she is first on the list behind my faith in God. I have been retired for a while now and don't dress as often because my Grandkids have taken a spot that I love more than dressing. Family has always been an important part of who I am. My dressing is nothing more than my personal enjoyment and it doesn't bleed over into the families world. I guess my priorities have evolved with age and wisdom.

That is just about me to a tee Kate. I try really hard not to let the CDing aspect get in front of all of the other aspects of my life. The way I see it, I have more to lose by losing those things than losing time CDing.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Crossdressing is something I enjoy, and something that is enough a part of me that I can never permanently set it down. But it really does take a back seat to most other things in my life. Whether its my (regratably disapproving) wife, job, friends, other family I won't put those things aside to dress up.

And again, it comes down to balance. I'm at a time & place, and with a very supportive SO, where can dress pretty much any way I want, anywhere I want. But some time in the future, we will be having my wife's younger brother living with us permanently. He's a very sweet guy, but has some mental disabilities and the last thing he needs is to see me in a dress. So eventually, I know that I'll have to go more under-cover. But he's family, end of discussion!

Jaye
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

Banned Read only
    Kate I think we've had this conversation before but you are now able to balance your life, because your dressing is more flexible you're comfortable with it and you're openly accepted !
    My closet didn't really start to open until I joined this forum so at the moment I'm silently shouting what about me I have needs too !
    I prefer not to CD in front of my grandchildren but my son is treating me with some contempt and taking too much for granted ! He's old enough now to understand some of my problems and cut me a little slack, at the same time I would never let any of them down when they do need me !!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I agree, Kate. I have a CD friend and we go out often to vanilla venues. She dressed. Because she passes with most folks. And, me not. Because I don't pass and I don't need the stress and drama involved in that. And, I'm ready to go in 3 minutes instead of her 53!

I dress in T friendly clubs and in private. Works for me!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Kate,
    I agree dressing is not the be all and end all as some wish to preach.
    All things in moderation.
    I can take it or leave it!
    Did I say that.... No that last statement isn't right.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kate, It's always family comes first, And I have told my one and only Grand Daughter that I will be there for her ,Anywhere anytime .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

My family definitely comes first. Which is the main reason that my dressing was very sporadic while we raised our kids. I basically limited it to almost nothing until recently becoming empty nesters. I do have to admit though that should they ever need to move back, they'll always have a home, and welcoming arms, but they're going to have to live with occassionally having two moms, when I want to go out. Because I couldn't go completely back in the closet at this point.
    Margot

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Family first, always and forever.

I suppose it depends on each individual's circumstances, doesn't it? I don't have to choose one over another because my family and friends accept me as I am and all parties are comfortable with where I fall on the gender spectrum.

I agree. Family always comes first. If I know that my family obligations are on the line, I won't even think about crossdressing.