Thread: A feel good post.

A feel good post.

With all the ups and downs of transition, sometimes I just like to post if things are going really well.
    Last Thurs. I went back to my regular support/social group after a two month absence. August I had been on holidays, and our Sept. meeting was two days after surgery. I had heard that our little group had lost a few members, and was disheartened at that news. Every month we start the meeting going around the table, and mentioning any news, or concerns we have had about our transitions. I was so pleased that-
    J- has found a boyfriend. His first trans girlfriend, and her still pre-op, so they are taking things very slow, but it looks good.

M- got her name change, and new 'F' I.D.

Em- got a job. Still not back to her 80k, but better than the temp jobs she had been getting.

M2- had dropped from sight, tho' we knew she was OK. She returned-Full time, and completely out. She is getting ready to go back to her 'old boys club' job.

This was a fabulous meeting, and I thought showing off my new boobs was going to be the highlight!

Good things happening to good people.

Good news is always worth sharing

How are the new additions?

I've grown quite attached to them, thank you. Seriously, don't know how I lived without them.

Aspiring Member
    "Good things happening to good people."

Paula, thank you for some nice uplifting accounts. None of us are bad people with our circumstances. The world just isn't fully ready to accept us to live our lives freely.

I've been to a few support meetings some years ago that contained the full spectrum of our kind. It was sad and happy at the same time. I remember one girl who never made it to full transition because she succombed to diabetes. But on the other hand there were many successes. Some had employment problems and you could detect depression in the room.

Overall it's nice that today I believe the success stories outnumber the rest. Before the internet we were alone in our own little groups. We've come a long way and more are finding the freedom to fulfill happy lives.

I'm glad you're enjoying feeling more fulfilled with your new breasts. Congratulations! And thanks again for sharing!

Cheryl