Thread: Starting my true journey

Starting my true journey

First of all, I just want to say thank you to everyone on this forum, but especially everyone in the TS forum. This forum has been a place of peace and a place where I could be myself. I've gotten so much advice from everyone here and it's bee so helpful, from the replies on my many posts (sorry :/ ) to the PM's I have received. Now for the meaning of this post. I started Prozac on Monday. If any of you have been following my posts lately, and I've posted a lot, then you've probably heard what I've been going through. I about took my life Saturday morning after a huge fight with my parents. It was very bad. So I'm hoping the Prozac helps a little bit with my anxiety at least. I start with my therapist on Thursday, so that is why I said my journey is starting. I'm looking forward to this as I can finally get with someone to talk about myself and discover who I truly am. This has been a long time coming and can't wait to get started!

Silver Member
    Hi Audrey, I'm glad to hear you are seeing a therapist and moving forward. Family can be rough, sorry it is so difficult for you right now. Hang in there

Thanks Arbon! It's definitely been tough! I hope you're doing better as well! We both seem to be in a rough patch! You hang in there as well :-)

Just look out for the many side effects of Prozac. http://www.drugwatch.com/prozac/
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Hi Aubrey. I wish you well on your journey. I've been taking Prozac along with Welbutin for years and frankly I can't live without them As your doctor probably has told you, a particular anti-depressant may work well for some people but not for others. So if you find that Prozac is not working, let your doctor know so that he/she can prescribe another. Do be afraid to keep asking until you find something that works. My depressions pretty much ended (after enduring them for most of my life) soon after I start HRT. The combination of estrogen and anti-depressants has made me well. I hope you will also find the same reward.

Aubrey, I will keep you in my prayers, you're a star that's about to shine bright! Hang in there, it does indeed get better!
    Thankful for crossdressers.com, great people here have helped me realize who I really am on the inside. (formerly michelle1)

For most people, parents are their anchor, their foundation, the people that will be with you regardless the circumstance. When that bond is fractured and the trust is compromised, we can feel horribly lost. When the people who you have trusted all your life tell you that you are wrong, but you know that you are not, terribly conflicting thoughts run through your head.

It's an awful state of being.
    Quarterly TG Invasions: TgDetroit.com
    Facebook: MsVal Bralt

Update: Today I saw my therapist for the first time. Somewhat surprisingly, my parents actually came and set in on it. It went really well. She told me that she was a Christian but saw nothing wrong with being transsexual and that God makes no mistakes! (not starting a religious debate, just stating what she said in regards to my faith). This made me really happy, as I was worried she might be with my parents in the fact that I was sinning. Anyway, she does have some experience in this area and while not an actual gender disorder therapist, she has had clients of my sort before. She was very friendly and very smart and knowledgeable. I think she is going to be a very good therapist for me and am looking forward to the next meeting!

Your star is shining brighter already! Hope this pans out for you in the best ways possible!
    Thankful for crossdressers.com, great people here have helped me realize who I really am on the inside. (formerly michelle1)