Thread: Did I REALLY do That?

Did I REALLY do That?

For me, going out in public is a typical thing. I love going out to dinner, movies, shopping and whatever else I like to do. One thing I do not like to do is go to clubs. When I say clubs, I think loud music where I can't hear myself think. I didn't like them when I was younger and as I get older, I like them even less. But I had heard from Connie Marie (on this forum) about some CD's who frequent a place called The Friendly Moose in North Carolina. I thought it was another club but I was assured it wasn't. I looked at their web site. It's advertised as a restaurant & bar. Nothing CD related or GLBT is listed. I thought, am I looking at the right web site??? I decided to try it anyway. I go to mainstream places all the time so it wouldn't be the first.

I invited Connie to go with me because I didn't want to go alone to a new place. Connie wasn't able to go but she suggested I go with Tara. You may remember Tara D Rose from this forum. She had been there before & so I felt a lot more comfortable going there. She & I had PM'd each other last year and were acquaintances.

I met Tara at a local Wal-Mart. After a quick introduction, she got in my car and we headed on the 2 hour drive to the Moose. Tara is a very nice person. I felt very comfortable with her the whole time. We talked about our lives & the usual stuff.

We arrived at the Moose, walked into the bar area which is very small. It has 4 tables, 7 bar stools and a juke box. There were about 15 patrons in the bar area. Tara stopped at the bar to order us some drinks. I looked around and this was one of the few times I felt a little uneasy. All eyes seemed to be on US! But no one made any comments. Weree they just checking us out? We ordered our drinks and walked out to the back patio where they were doing Karaoke.

We found a table & settled in to enjoy the night air and listen to people sing. We were the only CD's there. Despite that, it was a relaxing environment and I started to relax. Tara signed up to sing a song. I wasn't so sure about a CD singing karaoke. Not that I thought Tara was a bad singer, I just thought we might get run out of there. As it turned out, my fears were unfounded. Tara is a great singer, and the crowd loved her. I ordered a dinner (fish & chips). We talked about many things, including Tara encouraging me to get up & sing. I've done karaoke before on a cruise ship. I like to do it, BUT I never did it as Kim. As I said earlier, I've been out in the normal public a lot, but to stand up & sing in the spot light?!!!??? After a little more prodding from Tara, I let her sign me up to sing one of my favorite songs.

The crowd didn't boo or stone me & I really enjoyed it. That was it, I was sold. I REALLY like this place. It has good food and a friendly atmosphere (thus the name "The Friendly Moose"). Tara sang a few more songs & I sang one more. Then we called it a night and headed home. The 3 hours flew by & my new friend Tara headed home. Tara, Thanks for a good time. We need to do it again.

Now that I look back on it, I asked myself "Did I really do that?" I did. As proof, I will post pics in the picture gallery.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Sounds like a great night. Something I could never do ( singing that is).
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Platinum Member
    Hi Kim, By the looks of the pictures, Oh yea you did that and it looks like you had fun.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Sounds like a wonderful time! I could use a night out like that.

Glad you had a good time. Doing Karaoke dressed is a lot of fun, (love doing B Joel "You may be right", don't try to change me.

Platinum Member
    So glad you had a fun night....and avoided death by stoning. You have more courage than I. But then, my excuse for not participating in karaoke has always been this: it combines the two worst things in America. People who can't sing and people who can't drink!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kim,
    I am so glad that you had a good time at the Moose. I knew that you would enjoy it.
    I know that you'll have an even better time at the Halloween party on Nov 1st, Sorry that I can't make it then either.
    One of these days we'll get out there..

Hugs,
    See my favorite lovely ladies at https://www.flickr.com/photos/64988357@N03/favorites/

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.