Thread: Getting ready, hands are shaky.

Getting ready, hands are shaky.

At the GF's mother's house right now. Any time the GF has taken me out looking pretty, this has been the base camp because it's so far away from home there's no concern about being made by someone I know. Well, she is spending the day with her mother so I'm getting dressed right now for my first day ever out on my own. Interesting combination of terrified and excited. Amazing the confidence you have when someone that cares for you is by your side. But today, my 5th time out, training wheels are off.

Ex prisoner in paradise CostaRicaRachel's Avatar
    Sounds exciting and fun! What to plan on doing? What do you plan on wearing?
    Although your current visions might be grounded in reality,
    there are no shortcuts to get from here to there.
    Face the facts and realize that you still may have to manifest this
    dream the old-fashioned way: by creating a concrete plan,
    putting in the hard work and maintaining an
    unwavering determination to make it happen.

Platinum Member
    So her mom is supportive? Nice to have a safe house to prepare for days out and about. Have a wonderful time!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Reality Check
    Have a great day. You're lucky to have a base to work from other than your own home. I have to change in the car.

Your lucky to have a place to play
    Good luck and have fun

Awesome!

Looking forward to checking in later tonight and hearing how it went.

Jaye
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Brittany,

Big hug for courage . . . just relax and breath the rest will fall in place. I am assuming you have been out before so it will be the same . . . just solo.

Hugs

Isha

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Have a great time and let us know how it went.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Good for you! Head up, go with grace and confidence. You can do this. Let us know how it goes!!
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Well, your picture looks great. No problem, if you can keep the jitters at bay. As a fairly recent outey, I can completely identify with you. After you're finished you'll want to go again and again, so enjoy as much as you can. Let us know how it goes.

Thank you all for the support. Yes, the GF's mother is very supportive.

Right now I'm standing in the return line at IKEA. Not the most exciting, but must be done. After I'm going to a bird sanctuary for a hike and photography. Then ending the day by meeting the GF for dinner and going to a Halloween event in the actual Sleepy Hollow. A full and "nnormal" (as I like to call it) day.

Thank you all for the support. Yes, the GF's mother is very supportive.

Right now I'm standing in the return line at IKEA. Not the most exciting, but must be done. After I'm going to a bird sanctuary for a hike and photography. Then ending the day by meeting the GF for dinner and going to a Halloween event in the actual Sleepy Hollow. A full and "nnormal" (as I like to call it) day.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Good for you, Brittany! Have fun

Good luck Brittany! Have fun!!!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sounds like u had a good day out? In fact, u sound like a TS pro!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Places that are good to go and pretty safe and easy to blend are Libraries or book stores, coffee shops, I love going to Starbuck’s with my laptop. And of course shopping, just so ideas.
    The best advice I can give is twofold, dress as other woman would dress where you go, in other words short tight cocktail and spiked heels not good for shopping. Second is confidence and this is the hard one. If you can come across as this is perfectly normal and you are doing nothing wrong most people will accept this and those that don’t wont confront you. Oh I guess one more as there are always a jerk someplace pay attention to your surroundings and this is good male or female and no matter how you are dressed, safety first. When I chose a place to go I ask myself 2 questions, is this a place a single lady would go by herself and if yes I would ask if I would want my mom, wife, girlfriend or daughter to go by their self. If I can answer yes to these questions then I feel I can go there safely. Have fun and maybe get a picture of two to remember your day.
    Susan Miller
    Be happy with yourself first.
    Susan wordpress

5th time out?

By time ten you will have lost the deer in the headlights feeling and will adopt the frisky mare mode and want to jump the fence all the time.
    Post again when you get to eleven.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hope you had fun. Susan has some excellent advice. BTW, in my case the terror and excitement never go away. I think that's a good thing.

Good for you, hope it was a great day and evening.
    Hugs

Hope you have a great time Brittany, it is so freeing to be who you are with supportive friends. Enjoy your day.

Elizabeth