Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I went out! For five minutes

I went out! For five minutes

The other night was my usual night to get completely dressed. Make up painted nails and wig. After taking care of my boys and putting them to bed I got to hop on the computer. Check out this site and that one. Anyway,I came across a site that got me really pumped about going out. I had to wait for my SO to get home from work. So I got to ride the highs and lows in the thought train of going out. What will people think? Where will I go? What will I do? And then the question I never expected popped in my head. How will I feel if I don't go? I knew right away the feeling. Disappointment. I've felt it many times before because I didn't go. That feeling is what drove me out into the world. Now it was a late Thursday night so where to go? I don't like bars or clubs not that there's any with in a half hour drive of me. And its too late to drink coffee. But I need something from the local Cumbys that I planned on getting in the morning. I can go there but I have to talk. A sure give away. But I don't care I need to go out so I can be proud of my self.
    So my SO comes home and I have a chat with her. She knew because Ive told her in previous weeks about the urge to go somewhere. And I'm honest with her and she is with me. I was really looking for her to say NO so that I could blame her and not me for not going. But she told me to just go.
    I climb in the car super nervous and realize driving with heels is going to be tough. I get there pull in and think of leaving. But I'm there I'm doing this. I walk in and the cashier is doing a double take with a puzzled look on his face so I say "Hi" to confirm his suspicions. I am a man. I get what I need, have a little small talk and leave. As I'm walking out I realized that I've been keeping my head down. Strange I thought I started out so confident. I get in the car and notice how bad I'm shaking. And I think about what I'm feeling. I feel good but not great. I'm not excited. I'm my normal even keeled self. I thought Id be full of excitement and joy but no just normal. The people in the store didn't care, and I was just me. Its strange. Next time I think Ill try a bit longer of an outing.

This is such a nice beginning. First of all your wife knows and seems to understand what is important to you. Second, you walked out the door, met someone, chatted and omg survived. Yes a little longer the next time but for so many what you just accomplished is impossible so feel proud and have even more fun the next time you walk out the door. It WILL be a little easier.

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    Getting out the door dressed is 2/3 of the battle. You've done it and survived. I'm sure this won't be the last time. Try going to a movie, it's dark and you get to settle into being Tiff for a longer period of time out amoung the public in a non-threatening environment.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Kris,

Congrats on getting up the nerve, that's a big first step. I remember my first time and like you said I was soonervousus my handwouldn't't quit shaking when I had to interact with someone. It does get easier once yorealizeze "the world didn't end". Hope you get to enjoy many more outings.

I've learned that going out during the day with my wife works well, she notices other peoples reactions and does most of the talking.

Hugs
    Jolene

Baby steps! It gets easier, and your confidence will grow.

Gone to live my life
    Hey there . . . CONGRATS. The first trip out is always the hardest and you survived. Well done.

Hugs

Isha

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    It is difficult. I have made from my house to the dumpster in the alley late at night. That took some courage. Getting in the car for a bit is impressive! At least, it is to me.

Well done! Your SO sounds cool.I liked Joanne's Ides about going to the movies,sounds the the perfect place for a beginner.

Way to go! I think it's good that you are having an honest appraisal of how it feels. You may find that once in a while is just great or that you really don't like it. Either way you will know and the decision won't be made from a place of fear.
    Suzanne

Well done!

A start is a start, however brief or wherever you go... and feeling normal is good, right...?

Still a positive experience...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I went out for five minutes once,
    It was raining heavily and my evening dress got soaked.

Good for you that first five minutes always feels like an eternity.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Sounds like a great start! I just went through this myself the other day. You get all amped up to go out and then when you do it turns out to be a non event. It's almost a letdown.

Crossdresser
    Congratulations on a successful first outing. You will not forget your first outing no matter how trivial it was. It will forever be the moment you conquered your fears.

My first time out, it was not nerves. It was the heels. I had to seek professional advise on my walk and wearing heels.

Wow, on your first outing, you went in public, you spoke to someone (in a man voice?), you interacted with a cashier, and you had a conversation. That is all pretty impressive! I never ventured to speak to anyone for many outings, I avoided light, and I was almost always far from home. You are (dangerously) brave. If this is your first outing, you are going to be doing much riskier stuff later!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle colson View Post
    Sounds like a great start! I just went through this myself the other day. You get all amped up to go out and then when you do it turns out to be a non event. It's almost a letdown.
    Letdown, or big relief?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Try going out in the day time much safer for you.

Kara Zor-El
    Congrats on the amazing experience and a supportive wife! I've been out a few times and sometimes I was so excited beforehand, I raised the bar to high, so to speak. Driving with heels takes practice too but can come so naturally!

I vividly remember my first time. I can just about remember every single minute of what I did.
    Last edited by BillieJoEllen; 10-30-2014 at 11:37 AM. Reason: spelling

When I am that nervous I tend to totally forget whatever happened. Total blank afterward.

Uncontrollable stage fright cut short my (un)promising career in music and so far has kept me from crossing the threshold. Congratulations on a successful first outing.

Welcome to the world. Yes, believe it or not, everything out here is just plain old normal. Mostly I don't think much about it when I go out, but one thing I usually feel is a feeling of pride. I'm especially proud of my breastforms and how they make my chest look. I'm not sure why, but for me, that's what makes going out worthwhile.

Hi Kris. You said.. 'I thought Id be full of excitement and joy but no just normal.' and that's just how I felt the first time I closed the front door behind me and stepped out onto the street.... normal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    Kris,
    So pleased for you and it went without incident ! The other great thing is you have your wife's support !
    Don't forget you're not the only CDer and maybe the store has regulars so no big deal !
    Driving in heels is so different and great but if you do it often take a leaf out of the GGs book and drive in flats ! I've seen what driving does to my wife's heels and also the hole it makes in the carpet, which can be a giveaway !

Platinum Member
    Hi Kris, Now that you've had a taste of going out dressed there will be no holding you back now.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Congratulations! My 'first steps' were just to slip out my front door in the wee hours of the morning and get my paper off the front lawn while dressed! Virtually no one likely to be up and see me, and such a thrill when a car drove by!