Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Falll and shaving

Falll and shaving

Many of you ladies are extolling the arrival of fall and the ability to shave legs and other parts. I usually partake of this but not this year till in December. I have events going on (wedding) which will require full male (father of the bride) participation. Therefore it is cover up tops and tights for the next 8 to 10 weeks. I do look in the mirror a say yuk but this is a request I cannot deny. Ever find yourself in this sort of situation?
    joank
    Southern California

First off, congratulations on the wedding, I'm sure a very proud dad!
    I've never found myself in quit the same situation, but due to family summer activities (along with overseas employment), my shaving and consequently most of my dressing, occurs during the fall/winter/spring time-frame. I try to keep the hair on my legs and arms short (man-scaping) but look forward the being hair free. Might even been as soon a two weeks.
    Some of my thoughts on crossdressing at http://themichelleinme.wordpress.com/
    A repository of Michelle photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/14176339@N04/

I don't wait for fall. I shave those legs anyways year round. I really like smooth silky legs and not worried about what others think. Of course I shave my head arms and chest too. So if anybody does ask I just say I really don't like hair so I take it ALL off.

I was like most of you here. I only shaved my legs when the short wearing season was over. That was about 15 years ago. Since that time I shave my legs and all of my body year around. It is an incredible feeling to exit the shower and feel smooth skin all over.

I always remain shaven, that way no one questions me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by joank View Post
    ... but not this year till in December. I have events going on (wedding) which will require full male (father of the bride) participation. ...
    So I gotta ask, does father of the bride have to drop his pants at any point? I've never seen that in a wedding but it would be memorable.

Good question Jennifer. It is a cruse wedding with swimming pools , spa's and lots of wearing shorts expected. SO says the hair must be on. Other than tha,t I 'm looking forward to the whole deal. It will be fun.
    joank
    Southern California

I have remained shaved for about 2 years now and have never looked back. No one even notices now although there were a few uncomfortable questions from male friends in the beginning. I never really explained myself to them , only saying I prefer it to looking like a gorilla. At this point in my life I am living for me and not others although I would never do anything that would cause friends or family harm or concern.

Elizabeth

I've been shaved for nearly a year. At first, I thought that I would stop for summer, because I wear a lot of guy shorts, and felt people would think it strange. But, I shaved anyway and glad I did. Was really self conscious at first, but now its just normal. Never heard a single remark or question from anyone. Either they didn't notice, or care enough to ask. Same with the arms. I have very fine hair on my arms anyway, so its not as noticeable to begin with, but having it gone all the time is probably less noticeable then having it there, then not having it there.

They even advertise razors now emphasizing that they're good for men shaving their bodies, so I don't think its anything any more.
    Margot

Reality Check
    I had a question on why the father of the groom couldn't shave his legs also but it's been answered.

My wife is uncomfortable with me shaving my entire body so as a compromise I trim my body hair with a men's groomer. I adjust my wardrobe to cover up the body hair.

Being relatively new to this I am looking forward to being able to keep the lower regions shaved but as my job allows me to wear shorts in the summer I have to let it grow back out. After trying to shave my chest once it's unlikely to happen again. In a way it's funny as most Japanese men aren't that hairy to begin with so it's not that it would draw that much attention in public, but as I am 'Gaijin' (a foreigner), Canadian, and working with other foreigners, it's too risky on the job. Fortunately keeping the nether-regions neatly trimmed has become more acceptable for guys although I do get some funny looks at the hot springs and public baths when I go.
    Last edited by Sarina Curtis; 10-23-2014 at 10:13 AM. Reason: It was a garbled mess!

I took the opposite approach and didn't shave during the winter since it always made more sense to wear clothes that would cover more of me in the winter. It was about giving my wife some time with the hairy version of me, not worrying about what others thought. When I asked her last week if she wanted me to do that again this year she said "No, why don't you just go ahead and get laser on your chest and back?" I guess I'll be looking into it!

-Bree

Haven't discussed shaving with the SO yet, but i do really want to shave everything. It must feel amazing!

I tend to keep my leg hairs short, but a few weeks ago I pullen out ye olde razor and went for a full clean look.
    Now my wife was ok with this, didn't really think anything of it and she liked the sensation of having my "silky smooth" legs rub against hers.

I "am allowed" shave every body part I want except the hair on the top of my head and my chest hair, she really really likes those fluffy hairs but for me it kind of ruins wearing a bra.

Next week when she is gone during the day and I have myself some R&R I am going to get some Depilatory cream for my legs to see how that works,

I had been doing a full body shave for a couple of years, and never had anyone comment on it, except a gal I dated who was from Columbua and she told me that a lot of the young men were now keeping their bodies hairless.

But when I met the woman who became my wife, I stopped shaving for a few years out if courtesy because she was learning how to adjust to the whole CD thing(I told her on our first date)...And then one day I looked in the mirror and all I could see was that yucky hair, so back go shaving I went.

At this point, she actually prefers the shaving, and we both keep a nice pair of pajama bottoms handy for the "nubby" nights.

Yes, it's a wonderful feeling, but as far as the cruise goes, it's all about balance and boundaries. Hang in there, December will be here soon enough.

Oh, and congratulations!!!!!

Jaye

Banned Read only
    Joank,
    Why are you stopping shaving because you're the bride's father ? I just carried on I was wearing a suit so who was going to notice ?
    The only time I had a problem was when I was measured for the morning suit ! A young male assistant caught a glimpse of my leg when I was trying different trousers on !
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-27-2014 at 09:25 AM.

Teresa,
    I'm meeting my wife's wishes and the fact that it is a beach wedding in the Caribbean also adds to the need. It is saving a lot of friction on the home front.
    Thanks for the response.
    Joan
    joank
    Southern California

Shave year round, but as the father of the bride, you need to respect this request, as many of us here would. Congratulation on the wedding, your first to get married off.

Just wondering how many men on the beach in the Caribbean have leg hair? I would bet many, especially the younger men shave and in reality, many men don't have hair on their legs
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    Lorileah,
    I bet they feel really guilty about not having leg hair, must be something wrong with them !! A CDers World is a crazy one sometimes !!

This was the first year that I shaved my body during the summer months. I would let the hair grow out from early June to mid September. I didn't do that this year. I expected a LOT of questions from friends/people. Its odd.... kind of like when I pierced my ears... No one said anything. So...I don't worry. I did come up with the answer of "I really just don't like body hair." But I never had to use it. In the years prior to this one, I couldn't wait to get my hairless body back. I really don't like my body hair.... so my answer really isn't a lie either
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

Aaahhhh!!! Just epilated my legs for the fall/winter season. Feels great. May just keep shaving from now on a deal with the attention to get it over with. Didn't get to shave them for various reasons this past fall so it's been awhile. Be interesting to see how my SO responds.

Amanda

I keep my legs shaved all the time. No big deal. Nobody cares about my body hair.

I've been hair free about a year now, I found a spa that does full head to toe male waxing. Now I am not saying it is pain free but I go about six weeks between waxes. And the feeling of certain fabrics on smooth hairless skin is second to orgasm!!!!!

This year was the first year I was shaved full body all summer last I just did stomach and chest but when I was going to start groing back my wife said to don't you dear I love you smooth and want you to remain that way. She didn't have to say again. Lol