Thread: The desire to be out there

The desire to be out there

Well I’ve had the chance to dress inc. makeup tonight. My big mistake was to sit here on this site reading posts about,” First time out” and “Finally plucked up the nerve” etc.
    Well it had to happen. Much against my better judgement dressed in black pencil skirt and scoop neck top and wearing 3” heeled ankle boots I picked up the car keys and went for a short drive. Nearly went horribly wrong as when I first stuck my head out the front door and was just about to step out I noticed the tailgate of a neighbour’s car open. Looked like a bit of late night shopping as there they were emptying the contents.
    They finished, I went for it and survived to type this tale.
    Ok this isn’t my first time out into the world dressed but I’ll like to keep my dressing a secret from the neighbours but that little nagging voice won the day saying “out out out” . I guess the urge to break free of the house is getting stronger. Just have to make sure I’m away from home soon for some quality Helen time.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Gone to live my life
    Hi Helen,

Nothing wrong with wanting to keep it secret from your neighbours. Getting quality Helen time away from home is still quality time . . . n'est pas?

Hugs

Isha

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    It's a craving many of us have and indulge in and Isha, I love it when you type french.

Sometime I dress and cover up and when i am a little away from home I undress and just enjoy driving around time. My wife calls it time to express myself time. We all need girl time.

Helen,
    Just do it at every opportunity you get.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Not all of us need or want to go out in vanilla public dressed.

I have gone out a lot in the last few years, Helen. At first, I simply went for a drive dressed and stressed about someone recognizing me, running out of gas, (it was on empty), forgetting my wallet with my ID, and the cop that "followed me" for some blocks!

Since that time 5 years ago I've been out dressed in countless venues with vanillas all around me. And, while I don't stress about the senseless things I used to, I'm never completely relaxed or at ease around the muggles. If it was up to me I wouldn't go out to any venue dressed that wasn't trans or costume friendly again. I'd be perfectly happy to meet up with my trans friends in drab if that didn't stress me out even more!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 10-19-2014 at 01:13 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Well done.
    My neighbours have already seen me dressed
    tried getting out this weekend, instead painted 3 rooms (2 coats) and wall papered 3 walls - Maybe tomorrow to the movies
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

It is nerve racking but it is very exhilarating just the same. My neighbors have seen me dressed although it was not intentional.

Elizabeth

Ditto with the neighbours catching (fleeting and unintentional) glimpses of me but I'd rather not have it totally out there. I'm nowhere near ready for conversations over the garden fence. And yes it is very exhilarating.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

do you really know what the neighbours were doing ?
    they might have murderd someone and were getting rid of the evidence
    so that what we do is quite harmless really