Thread: Finally Revealed My Shoe Collection...

Banned Read only

Finally Revealed My Shoe Collection...

I am very fortunate to have a wife who doesn't have a problem with my dressing. Sometimes she makes comments about an item that I've bought or about a particular thread here (she's also a member), but that's about it.

So, I've mentioned here once or twice that my wife knows everything about me, except how many pairs of shoes I have. Note that it is NOT a room full. In 3 years, the count is only 16, but she has seen only about 1/3. That is, before this evening.

Technically speaking, it was a Sin of Omission. I guess I didn't feel the need to tell her and also I was probably a bit embarrassed. There were a couple of times when I bought 2 or 3 pairs at a time. It had the feeling like I was close to being out of control. A few of them were maybe 2x what I would pay for mens shoes, so I knew I was on thin ice.

So, I felt that the time had come for full disclosure. It's not a good thing to keep secrets and oftimes they can turn around and bite you in the ass. Anyway, this evening I hauled all the boxes down from the top shelf in my closet and proceeded to open them one by one. My wife asked me to walk around in bit in a couple of them. I think she didn't believe I could do that. All totalled, it took at least 30 minutes as there was a bit of a story associated with many of them.

Now the shoes will go back to their top shelf location, but this time it will be in their naked boxes. They won't be hiding in their USPS, FedEx or whatever shipping boxes.

I can't say that I feel relieved or that any kind of weight has been lifted from my shoulders. On the other hand, I do feel that I did the right thing and I feel pretty good about that.

Works for me...

It's probably for the best as there won't be any surprises when she finds them on her own. All of my heels, about 32 pairs, are on racks and along the bottom of the closet. My SO sees them all the time.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Banned Read only
    There were 5 at floor level: one that I wear to work sometimes, a couple that I wear out of the house and a couple that are being stretched. For the rest I needed a kitchen step to get up high enough. My wife would not have found them on her own. They were too high and she uses a wheelchair. However, she might have asked me what was up there as all you could see from floor level was brown cardboard boxes.

There's a Rachel Maddow quote that conveys an interesting message:

“The single best thing about coming out of the closet is that nobody can insult you by telling you what you've just told them.”

Similarly, that's the thing about telling the truth. No one can catch you in a lie or put you in a compromised situation. My wife trusts me and I trust her, so I need to do everything I can to protect that.

I will probably be allowed to buy some more boots now, after the reaction I have had over the last week about my "great boots".
    Fortunately I do not have to hide anything and when something mysteriously appears I usually say I bought it years ago.
    Don't you remember!!!!

Yep! That is what works for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Please spare a thought for those of us, me for instance, that exist with one, only one pair of shoes.

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

Christen,
    Try Target and get a pair of boots like mine, I don't know how Adlaideans will react though.

It would be an interesting comparison.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

DeeAnn - I'm glad it works for you... it's good to have some weight lifted, for sure...

I'm afraid it might have quite an adverse effect for us closeted folks - not something I'll be doing, even with my favourites...

I think we should have a whip-round for Christen though, (ONE PAIR!! OMG....! ) surely some of our 200+ pairs collector members could lose a half-dozen pair without even noticing..? What's your size and postcode, Christen..?

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

AL I can say is I am soooo jealous you have that many pair. Having a size 14 male foot doesn't lend itself to lots of fem footwear options. Putty because this is the one ares of dressing I'd go overboard on for sure!

Amanda

Banned Read only
    My men's size is 9 1/2 to 10. Women's 11 usually works pretty good. Unfortunately 11-W's are hard to find; hence the stretching.

I have a pair of BORN heels in an open back clog style. I have the same shoe in a closed back; same design, same materials. The clog style was fairly comfortable after 2 or 3 wearings. The closed back style required a shoe tree and a spray that loosens the leather. But, it is what it is...

Christen, this is for you:

Awwww, Poor Baby.....

This is the only thing that my dear wife doesn't understand about my dressing. The desire to own a ton of shoes, in the myriad colors available is what makes it exciting. Explaining to my wife why I need 70+ pairs of heels is a humbling experience.

I have the same set up, I have a few pairs out and wear most of the time, and then I have the ones that are stored away and never get used. I to pulled them out last week and we went through them and she recommended me to throw the ones that were really out of style.

My wife is more into buying my shoes than me. Don't get me wrong i love all shoes but I'm "ballin' on a budget" currently between student loans and finding a new job. So I've been trying to save money and this week the wife comes home with a pair of boots and a pair of heels for me. I'm extremely lucky but i hate how lite my wallet is.

I finally counted my shoe collection. It amounted to 28 pair and I'm still looking through the catalogs for more. I guess it's just an uncontrollable addiction.

I've asked my wife for some help on an upcoming trip to the States in selecting a new pair or 2 hopefully bringing me to a stable level of 10-12 pairs. I think she's had more fun teasing me about going for high heels (which one pair will likely be) than she has with some of my clothing items. Fortunately, or unfortunately I'm not sure which, the limited storage space in my home will keep my collection to reasonable levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    DeeAnn - I'm glad it works for you... it's good to have some weight lifted, for sure...

I'm afraid it might have quite an adverse effect for us closeted folks - not something I'll be doing, even with my favourites...

I think we should have a whip-round for Christen though, (ONE PAIR!! OMG....! ) What's your size and postcode, Christen..?

Katey x
    OK, this is sounding excellent. Postcode 5170, size 41 Euro, 8.5 UK, 10 / 10.5 US/Aus ..except that the one pair I do own are 9.5 and I have to use heels grips otherwise they slip off. This shoe size thing is sooo.. complicated.
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

Platinum Member
    Hi Flatlander, My wife knows that I have many pairs of shoes but she doesn't know that I have 130+ pairs .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!