Thread: Crossdressing is my happy place

Crossdressing is my happy place

A lot of times I find myself in a mist of sadness. When the climax has depreciated, I find that the thought of crossdressing or even crossdressing brings much warm feelings to my heart. Just thinking about it can lighten my mood and put me in a private sanctuary of feeling safe and sound. I don't refer to it right when I'm in the heat of the moment but it occurs to me when I'm looking up, looking up to rebuilding my day. Crossdressing is something everybody on here loves, I for one love that aspect of my life and have come to appreciate with great respect. Its something I'm proud of and if one can see it in that aspect, then it can be a cure when one is feeling blue. Its something I've used for some time now and I would like to share it with you all and hope that it may help you through your gloomy days.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

I have felt at times like it is my secret place to go to when I feel I need a release of the every day chores. I'm different though it seems I dress more in the colder months especially since I've retired. Maybe it have more depression after the deer hunts are over and the colder weather sets in. At least with me it is something to do and makes me feel good inside to get dressed and see the transformation in the mirror.

Joanna, you have discovered the secret to cross dressing, and that is it brings inner peace to many of us who do this. After a hard day of being "the man", I slip into my femme clothes and relax knowing that I feel at peace.
    Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Aspiring Member
    Hi Joanna

I am sitting her going through the latest posts all dressed up in skirt and blouse, blond wig and, as usual, am in a state of bliss. Dressing is such as pleasure and, yes, it is uplifting but having thumbed through my thesaurus bliss is the word that best describes how it makes me feel.

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Hey girls. I agree 100%. Crossdressing most definitely brings me to my happy place. It never ceases to amaze me the feeling of ease, comfort and, (without being too dramatic) inner piece that wash over me by simply changing my clothes. I love being a crossdresser. It's one of my favorite things about me.

I agree, it has replaced McDonald's somewhat over the years for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Joanna, couldn't agree more. A gloomy day can be turned around so easily by putting on a pretty dress and just...being.

Silver Member
    Joanna, No matter where we are on the gender scale, we all discover that "special" place or item that feels comfortable and gives confidence. May your dressing always bring you happiness. Enjoy.

I totally agree, I am relaxed and much happier when all dressed up. And my wife really likes this softer side of me as opposed to the grumpy ole man.
    Tonya Rose This is me! (song by camp rock)

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    What still amazes me is that after over 55 yrs of CDing I still enjoy it as much as ever if not more. All other hobbies, sports, and anything else I have ever enjoyed pales to the joy of CDing. It makes a good day become a great day. Makes a bad day a good day. When I am already happy I become more happier, when I am sad I become happy.

Amazing stuff....this crossdressing !!
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

That's funny because when I woke up this morning the house was empty and I texted my wife and told me she would be home soon but the kids are out for the day. The happy mood you were talking about came bursting out. I watched morning news with coffee wearing a t shirt and tights, and took time to fully dress and just doing my Sunday morning clean up, and taking a break and came across your positive thread which added to my already peaceful and relaxing day. Thanks

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    CD is my pressure valve. Mainly its to let go of the stress after 11 hour days of complicated engineering. Occasionally, with another, i can let go of my normal self for a bit and indulge in a different me.

I agree with HER...and with HER...And with HER...And with HER....Oh, and HER I really really agree with!!!

Jaye

Oh, and with HER and HER and the other ONE...And SHE really nailed it!!!...Sorry if I left anyone out.
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    It was my happy place for a lot of years. I needed that feminine touch to get me through each day. My beautiful dresses, skirts, nightgowns, petticoats pretty much saved my life....but I think my CDing was a cry that I needed a woman in my life. With my CDing I created another woman from my own making.
    I bought all the dresses and they had to be the most feminine.
    I appreciated the feel, the touch and still do.
    Since I've been married, I've cut down a lot on my dressing, but I still do dabble now and again for some comfort.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

Crossdressing is such a mood lift for me especially after a long or tough day. That feeling of looking feminine and girly is such a rush for me it really helps to bring my mood up.

Absolutely the most wonderful means of overcoming one's stressful moments.

CDing for myself was and is a means to an end, nothing more or less. Kind of a way to express inner feelings.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Crossdressing for me, like most ladies on the forum, is a wonderful way way to de-stress and relax.
    The people who unfortunately think that taking drugs is the answer, obviously haven't tried crossdressing.
    Having said that, crossdressing can be just as addictive. Just when I think I have kicked the habit, I find myself coming back, again and again.
    I suppose its like the song Hotel California by The Eagles, "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave". And that's fine by me.

I miss crossdressing

I have read everyone's responses and I am happy to know that all of you are doing well. I truly enjoy the positive vibes this thread has brought and to those it has helped. If I can't crossdress for reasons such as hot weather, just thinking about dressing/makeup/shopping/going out gives me something unique about myself to appreciate. Again, it is something I love and have come to respect and appreciate. Thank you again for the responses
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

I daydream frequently about crossdressing and long for my days off when I'm alone. It is relaxing and brings enjoyment to my life I rarely experience now.

Quite often though, life gets in the way and I can't dress up. It's always a huge disappointment, but there's always next time.

I'd agree with every post in this thread. I look forward to my days alone at home where I can slip on whatever catches my fancy and relax. It's also nice that my wife's schedule and mine differ just enough that I'll get at least one day/night a week to dress up and be myself after a tough day in the office.

Perhaps I need to look at things in this way- I DO feel best when I am fully fem dressed!- Lately, though, it has become a frustrating mess - the more I am denied, the more desparate I become to be alive. I have one day every three months or so that I get to myself-to be who and what I really want to be - and even then, that time has to be rushed and panicky. If I am certain that no one will (or should be) home for hours, I can really sink into that bliss- settle into my real skin. That is far and away the best, most peaceful, blissful, serentity that I have ever experienced. I guess that is why I am desparately trying to fill every moment with the woman in me, and let her out in whatever way possible- even if it is typing this response. And even now, I am on this blog when I should be working - have to much to do- but I am so desparate to let this out- just let me be the real me- that I am screwing my work up- oh well, Joanna, thank you for giving me an opportunity to look beyond the frustration, and just be content- be glad that I have what I have, and can enjoy it in my mind, if not often in the present realm.
    It would all be so simple if we could live our insides on the outside

A lot of times on my days off i would be sitting around bored and antsy trying to figure if i should dress or not .The more i put it off the more restless i would get .Finaly a light bulb went off and i decided when i was this way was to just dress .Right away i felt calmer and a lot happier
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo