Thread: Gradually being more and more open

Gradually being more and more open

I've been more and more open (especially to myself) about being a crossdresser, and more generally about doing whatever makes me happy.

I went shopping and bought some cute sexy dresses, skirts, blouses, and jeans, all while not caring what others around me thought (I didn't hear anything, nor did I notice any weird looks; busy place, maybe everyone was too much in a rush to pay attention to one of the many people there).

Anyway, I had a hard time finding a dress that I liked that fit; due to my short stature I don't have the problem of having to find larger sizes - but, I still have broad shoulders, which throws out the possibility of a lot of small-sized dresses. So many times I find a dress that looks good and fits well - except at the shoulders. Nevertheless I picked out a few garments and went to the men's fitting room (I still feel weird about weirding out women in the women's fitting room) and tried them on. No one seemed to notice or care if they indeed did notice. Might I add, I was wearing a deep red nail polish along with bright red toenail polish (exposed in flip flops, still summer here!) and nude lipstick. So I go to pay for these lady garments, no woman by my side, and I'm sure the cashier had to notice my nail polish. Although I believe that if someone did notice but just didn't say anything, then this someone thought "this guy likes to dress in women's clothes." Yes, and so what? I love it. Another example of people not caring when they get the feeling you don't care what they think. So I went home, did my makeup, put on the dress I bought and some stilettos and spent a good four hours dressed. Had it not been for my neighbors' children playing outside, I think I would have been tempted to go out for a short walk (I think the children would have been more likely to notice it was me than their parents).

Am I on my way to just leaving the house en femme whenever I please? I'm just waiting for someone to ask me if I like wearing women's clothes or more generally, if I like to look like a woman. A simple and non-hesitant "yes" would be my answer.

Although i'm not anywhere near confident enough to be open about my crossdressing, I have definitely become a lot less paranoid about being caught. I've been trying to be more open with everything not just crossdressing and I have to say that it's easier and more fun then how it was before.

Susana,
    While you go out and buy with confidence, paranoia will still reign supreme about getting busted by someone you know.

It is good to be cautious around home base and probably let your hair down when out.

Confidence comes with time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Good for you girl, I dress and go out all the time now. No not full gurl, but I wear short shorts or jeans, blouses, make up and my hair down.. I have my nails done every two weeks but still only wearing clear as I can't see wearing bright colors to work.. I am smooth all over including the arms.. and keep my hair long and cut in a fem style, with the eyebrows waxed and thinned. I love getting the second looks.. and the odd looks on peoples faces.. I hold my head up and smile and go about my business..
    I was always worried about my mom and what she would say so I started wearing shorts around her and the shaved legs and arms didn't bring any comments, the long hair and the thin eyebrows also no comments... The short shorts, she has told me she doesn't like but I still wear them.... the kicker on all this was when she ask where I bought my blouses... not tops, not shirts, but blouses.. it took me a min to answer... and she wanted me to take her by the place so she could get her some like I was wearing..