Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Girlie Cocktails

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    Not even the grils I knew growing up and over the years have drunk the "girly" drinks. I guess growing up with country girls who could down a shot of tequilla or jack daniels and not blink and who would laugh at someone who wouldn't drink their beer right from the bottle makes a difference. Yes I've even know a girl or two would smoke a cigar and even one who dipped snuff (back in the day now before we all knew how bad that stuff is for you).
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    There are a few "male" things I learned to enjoy and hate to give up. I enjoy a good Porter or Stout and greatly dislike light beer. I like roast beef, chops, and steaks. Depending upon the situation I will occasionally eat or drink something "unfeminine" en femme, rationalizing that if GGs can have quirks so can I. Normally, though, it's the standard chcken, salads, and white wine with the girls.

Whiskey and cigars? I have been known to enjoy a good bourbon, but I wouldn't spoil my palate with tobacco in either mode.
    I would agree, although I'm mostly a beer girl. I never developed the taste for mixed drinks or for bourbons or whiskeys, and I tried inhaled drugs (like tobacco and pot) in university, it only made me sick.

Girls, it's not important what you drink, but how you drink it. As a guy I drink out of a beer bottle, as a girl, I use a pretty beer glass. As a guy I love a good rum, generally with coke, but as a girl, I love my rum in a fruity tropical drink. But as crossdresser, I would never touch that cigar, it will make you wig smell bad!
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Just for the record, according to Vegasmagazine.com, "Jack Daniel’s brand manager Jennifer Powell noted last year that 21 percent of the whiskey’s consumer base is female. Read more at http://vegasmagazine.com/dining/arti...jjmZVkRkKpF.99.

So it's O.K. for women to drink bourbon! And the brand manager, Jennifer Powell, would definitely know!

I love a good bourbon and I love a good Cosmo! Oh yeah, and I don't mind a little really good Kentucky or Tennessee 'shine too!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Thank you Persephone! This GG enjoys her Gentleman Jack or Single Barrel neat, thank you very much! Like many, many other GG's I enjoy a cold beer or two as well, just depends on where I am and who I'm with.

As for cigars, I know a lot of women smoke them, there was a huge trend when Arnold Scwarzanegger (sp?) was Governor of California and many female celebrities were smoking cigars and going to cigar lounges. Personally, I don't find that sexy but my SO enjoys a good cigar and I think it's sexy when he smokes them.

BTW, the biggest seller in the US bars right now for both men and women is Fireball Whiskey. If you haven't tried it, it tastes like a red hot candy - but watch the headache the next day. (And yes, I've done a little bit of bartending in my past. )
    Last edited by SO1Adam12; 10-20-2014 at 08:38 AM.

There is a local bar here in town that makes a great cocktail for whiskey & bourbon alike, & they will make it with your choice... It's perfect for boy or girl mode.. Lemon, blackberry old fashioned... Your choice of whiskey or bourbon, with house made bitters, a little club soda, & fresh lemon twist with a generous amount of fresh black berries
    Served in a short cocktail glass with one oversized ice cube, it's a beautiful drink, that looks great with lipstick on the rim, but will very much satisfy your craving for whiskey...
    I can come up with a ton more... But that's been a favorite of mine since I moved to Nashville more then 5 years ago...

Wow, I see I really am balanced. Thanks ladies for the awesome feedback. This calls for a little Jeffersons Reserve Bourbon and, since I am still in my work clothes, a Rocky Patel Edge. I love both sides of my life.

Silver Member
    I like all the sweet girly drinks. It's a joke with all our friends.

Vicky

As with most of us on here, there's no reason not to enjoy what you really like. I'm happy to sit with a glass of beer whilst dressed, very unladylike. However i do love the fact that i leave lipstick around the rim of the glass!! :-)

Siobhan x

Don't drink much, but when I do prefer single malts and cognacs and am also fond of Stoly with a beer back, all neat. Like an occasional glass of red wine with a meal (whites seem to me to lack complexity). I love American style lagers on a hot day. Most of these are preferences I shared with my dad and were confirmed by a lot of years working night clubs, where I often had to deal with drunks with as much patience and courtesy as I could muster and still be effective; by far the worst were those drinking sweet cocktails as it sneaks up on them.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Platinum Member
    Hi Vicky, You sound like me we both enjoy the best of both worlds.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!