Thread: My voice sounds female on the phone!

My voice sounds female on the phone!

it happens a lot. My nose and something in my throat is not right. So i had to call Social Security and the man kept calling me mam. I am a crossdresser. But i needed help with my online account. Normally i play with it and enjoy it. But we are dealing with my male SSI. So i said i am male and let them know! He appologised, and helped me with my account.

So, I'm a bit confused. Are you glad you sound like a girl or not?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Some are fortunate to have a higher pitched voice,were you using your normal voice, or do you consider yourself fortunate.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

OK, someone needs to invent a smart phone app that lets you select your normal male voice or alter it to sound female. Get on it.

Lucky you!
    I wish mine did! In fact, it sounds more like the rumble of a distant earthquake!
    But I discovered, quite by accident, that I achieve a much more plausible feminine voice when I am talking to our cats. Wierd, eh?

For many years I have been blessed to have been mistaken for a lady by many phone callers. I love it when that happens.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Aspiring Member
    I had it happen only once and that was some years ago. But I find myself speaking softer when I need to do business on the phone. Wish I could do it all the time! Some transitioners have posted Youtube videos about developing a female voice and can switch back and forth. The results are amazing! There's a neat project for many of us!

Cheryl

My natural voice is a bit too girly for me.I remember watching a speech I made and I was horrified.I wonder how Mike Tyson feels about his voice.